TOPIC: IPad and adverts

IPad and adverts 1 month 2 days ago #3694090

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 812
  • Honor Medal 2010
My laptop is proof it can be done, guessing about 1 ad now in the week since my computer was configured by my friend with no blocker installed I set what I wish to see.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

IPad and adverts 1 week 3 days ago #3703201

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1954
  • Honor Medal 2010
I get adverts when I’ve logged on to Buzz .
I except they provide an income to support Buzz
Usually these adverts are women’s clothing & holidays
However the last couple of days it’s been all about assisted-living and memory loss.
:ohmy: Honestly I’ve done nothing to deserve them :S

IPad and adverts 1 week 3 days ago #3703271

• JakBird
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 54
all about assisted-living and memory loss. Honestly I’ve done nothing to deserve them :S[/quote]

Are you sure you would remember?

Annual check with doctor this morning. He kept slipping in little memory tests during the exam. Hear it often enough, you begin to wonder....

As for ads, who pays for all those "free" services if the ads aren't seen? In the long run ad blockers will cause more harm than good, because advertisers will stop paying for those free sites when they realize their money is being wasted. The end result is every site behind a paywall, on a monthly subscription basis. Sure you want to see twenty or thirty credit card charges for the privilege of not seeing ads?

Think it won't happen? Look at TV these days, after DVRs let us skip the commercials. All quality shows are now on subscription streaming.

IPad and adverts 1 week 3 days ago #3703280

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1954
  • Honor Medal 2010

JakBird wrote: all about assisted-living and memory loss. Honestly I’ve done nothing to deserve them :S

As for ads, who pays for all those "free" services if the ads aren't seen? In the long run ad blockers will cause more harm than good, because advertisers will stop paying for those free sites when they realize their money is being wasted. The end result is every site behind a paywall, on a monthly subscription basis. Sure you want to see twenty or thirty credit card charges for the privilege of not seeing ads?

Think it won't happen? Look at TV these days, after DVRs let us skip the commercials. All quality shows are now on subscription streaming.[/quote]

My previous post I said I accept adverts on this site provides an income for Buzz
Management have asked members not to use ad blockers whilst using this site.
As it’s obvious I don’t your warning to me is unnecessary.

Last edit: by Rips.

IPad and adverts 1 week 3 days ago #3703303

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 812
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was getting multiple full screen ands almost each click and did all I was instructed to do by all that tried to assist me plus the ad report feature, nothing seemed to work until my friend did his magic on my laptop, all works great now.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds