• Lenny
  • Lenny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 168
  • Honor Medal 2010

coldfeet wrote:

Lenny wrote:

coldfeet wrote: Does this happen when you are out and about also at home? if at home also have you paired the phone to your modem's wifi?

Coldfeet,, yes this happens when I am out, but also when I am home not sure what you mean about pairing my phone ? Everything else at home works and does not cut out, TV is fine, desk top is fine. I have had the phone for 2 years , the problem only started 2 weeks ago,,, Thanks

When you are home you can get your Mobile phone to connect to the modem's WIFI signal (Much stronger) than the Servers WIFI signal) . Technically when you are out it uses the Servers signal and when at home uses the Modems WIFI automatically.
The info you need to connect to the Modems WIFI is printed on the back of the modem, mine as an example:
VX220 BCD6 (This is the Modem network name) and the password 3*********D80 it sounds complicated but just takes a few minutes.
Video on how in the link.
WIFI from your modem

Coldfeet. Thanks for your help. I have indeed done that. Our internet server is Bell and our number is Bell*** with the 12 didget password. As you said I got the password off the back of the modem I have in our living room...
A couple of suggestions I have followed from YouTube- 1- Turn off my WI-Fi and then turn on my dater saver. If nothing happens (not sure what was supposed to happen) there then reverse it, turn on my Bell Wi-Fi and turn off the dater saver... Next one was to restart my phone go to settings, make sure I have Wi-Fi then click forget it (you are then without WI-FI) then restart your phone again. Go to setting, re-install your Wi Fi with the Bell # and password. And so this I have done and hoping it might work. I bet this is as clear as mud to you. sorry. :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MoonlitRoads63. Reason: Quoted personal information edited for security reasons

smart phones 7 months 5 days ago #3948130

• coldfeet
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 64
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sounds good, and I can understand all that you said. For info:
Data Saver is a feature built into Mobile phones that limits how much data your apps can use in the background when you're not connected to Wi-Fi. While Data Saver is on, if an app is running in the background, it won't be able to connect to the internet

More Honey, Less Vinegar!

smart phones 6 months 3 weeks ago #3951992

• OldBloke
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 26
  • Honor Medal 2010

QuietMouse01 wrote:
I havent got a mobile phone either, and nor do I want one.....:cheer:

I really chuckled at ths remark as you reminded me so much of my mother over half a Century ago.
In her case her remark was of course in regard to a landline telephone.

Eventually I managed to get one installed in our house but that caused another problem.

I must look amongst our old family photographs but already in my mind I can so clearly see my mother sitting in our hallway on one of those little telephone table seat combos with our telephone pressed to her ear and deeply engaged in conversation.

For a woman who was so adamant that she didn't want a telephone in our house I think it would have taken a jemmy bar? to prise it away from her. She'd come to realise just what an asset it was especially as this was a time when travelling to places like her sister's house was nowhere as easy as it would be these days.

QM01 unfortunately many people misuse mobile phones and are frequently pig ignorant as to when, where, & how they use them, but doesn't that just get back to treating others with civility & respect. ( Yes. I do realise that some seem to have forgotten what that means or perhaps never ever learnt it )

Anyway just let us all know when you get your new phone. wink.png wink.png wink.png :lol:

smart phones 6 months 3 weeks ago #3951996

• QuietMouse01
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 466
  • Honor Medal 2010

OldBloke wrote:

QuietMouse01 wrote:
I havent got a mobile phone either, and nor do I want one.....:cheer:

I really chuckled at ths remark as you reminded me so much of my mother over half a Century ago.
In her case her remark was of course in regard to a landline telephone.

Eventually I managed to get one installed in our house but that caused another problem.

I must look amongst our old family photographs but already in my mind I can so clearly see my mother sitting in our hallway on one of those little telephone table seat combos with our telephone pressed to her ear and deeply engaged in conversation.

For a woman who was so adamant that she didn't want a telephone in our house I think it would have taken a jemmy bar? to prise it away from her. She'd come to realise just what an asset it was especially as this was a time when travelling to places like her sister's house was nowhere as easy as it would be these days.

QM01 unfortunately many people misuse mobile phones and are frequently pig ignorant as to when, where, & how they use them, but doesn't that just get back to treating others with civility & respect. ( Yes. I do realise that some seem to have forgotten what that means or perhaps never ever learnt it )

Anyway just let us all know when you get your new phone. wink.png wink.png wink.png :lol:

Hmm...well I know Im probably old enough to be your mother.....lol..
I will never, ever buy a mobile phone, so you will have a very long wait...
at least I made you smile lol...tongue.png

The following user(s) said Well Said: OldBloke

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds