TOPIC: TomTop XL2

TomTop XL2 1 month 1 week ago #4008772

• CAJ
  • CAJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 52
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've got a car satnav which I've not used for ages. Trying to sort out a route now, but the year is defaulting to 1970! I can update the month and day but not the year as it won't let me forward past 1971 December. Settings doesn't show me how, nor foes the help button. Can anyone advise please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TomTop XL2 1 month 1 week ago #4008774

• R u e
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1307
  • Honor Medal 2010

CAJ wrote: I've got a car satnav which I've not used for ages. Trying to sort out a route now, but the year is defaulting to 1970! I can update the month and day but not the year as it won't let me forward past 1971 December. Settings doesn't show me how, nor foes the help button. Can anyone advise please?

Hi CAJ , i cant find your particular Tom tom or tom top as you said i put that down to a typeO ,anyway i think you have to connect it to your desktop computer or laptop , i did find this on youtube and there are others that might help you if this doesn't......., it updates the GPS for you and hopefully the dates ...

I hope it works for you .... Updating your device in TomTom HOME

If you already have a tomtom app you need to open it and this will help you find an update, otherwise there is a link in the description below the video… And other links if you are having trouble ..

Last edit: by R u e.

TomTop XL2 1 month 1 week ago #4008776

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 854
  • Honor Medal 2010
I suspect you have not applied any updates to your device for some time, this can cause the settings to misbehave as, depending on the since last update, things are not going to be as they were when you last used your kit.

Another possible, and hopefully simple, answer is to sync your device to the GPS signal, either via the device itself or by connecting to your computer and updating and syncing. I've not used mine for years and can't remember the exact process so you may have to look it up, I had to buy a new battery for mine last year when I wanted to use it for a trip out of my area but that was a failure as i was sold a dud so i threw it in the bin. Haven't bought a new one yet as I have not needed it.

TomTop XL2 1 month 1 week ago #4008809

• CAJ
  • CAJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 52
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thanks to both of you. I'll have to check the YouTube demo first - or else travel back 50 years! Didn't even know there were updates to be had! I'm a true dinosaur with these things.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds