TOPIC: The End For Windows 11 Control Panel

The End For Windows 11 Control Panel 7 months 1 week ago #3737037

• coldfeet
  • coldfeet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 93
  • Honor Medal 2010
For many years, people have used the control panel to access features built into Windows, but things are changing with Windows 11. Microsoft want to move away from control panel and use there new Windows settings panel. Microsoft have already starting to remove access to features like Uninstall Programs from control panel in Windows 11. How long before its completely gone?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More Honey, Less Vinegar!

The End For Windows 11 Control Panel 6 months 1 day ago #3755959

• dyauspita
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I wouldn't be surprised if other features people tend to use most frequently go out of commission at the arbitrary discretion of Microsoft. It seems sometimes that any feature that end-users enjoy ends up being removed before long these days.

The End For Windows 11 Control Panel 6 months 1 day ago #3755975

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 971
  • Honor Medal 2010
Microsoft drive me insane with the constant changing things without me wanting or knowing until it is to late.

I have my windows updates set to security updates only and then I find Microsoft are sending all sorts of junk through this way.
Now I have all updates to offer but do not download then I find out what the update is for by the KB number and if it is junk or wanting to change things I delete it, it does come again but I just delete it again a month later.
I find my laptop works perfect now just as I want it not how Microsoft want it, I have been doing this for over 3 years, no problems what so ever.
I see Microsoft are removing Internet Explorer11 and only offer Edge or Chrome (I think) as a replacement,
Trust me there is far better search engines than the Microsoft ones.

I will be safe from the windows 11 things they are starting to do as I had a feeling they would promise the world with W11 and then change it for their own use, I refused it and deleted the update which tried to get me to download it.
If anyone was thinking of swapping to W11 I wouldn't bother, Go online and see real peoples reviews on it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: coldfeet, Keeper

RETIRED WITH GRACE
Last edit: by Bruce.

The End For Windows 11 Control Panel 6 months 1 day ago #3756044

• Tiggs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Microsoft drives me nuts. It makes me Grrrrrr! I have to use my laptop (Microsoft) for my online courses one of which is a digital skills qualification so I’ve got something to show for the 25 years of self taught computer wrangling. I loathe using the laptop. I do everything else on my iPad. The difference in speed for trying to do anything is vast & my laptop is not a steam version. Microsoft edge is the alternative for internet explorer. The daftest thing is that we use Google classroom for the courses but that doesn’t run well on chrome so we have to use edge. Blooming’ ridiculous.
The nerds at Microsoft need to get with the program (pun intended)

The End For Windows 11 Control Panel 6 months 1 day ago #3756058

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1561
  • Honor Medal 2010
Using and hating Windows 10 here, and Mozilla Firefox browser. Am NOT having Windows 11 until they iron out the "bugs"......

PEACE to the world
Last edit: by Keeper.

The End For Windows 11 Control Panel 5 months 2 weeks ago #3762056

• The Real Bruce
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 26

Keeper wrote: Using and hating Windows 10 here, and Mozilla Firefox browser. Am NOT having Windows 11 until they iron out the "bugs"......

I have been using Win11 for a few weeks on my new laptop and haven't come across any bugs. I don't mind it all, the Start Menu is a big improvement on that Win10 monstrosity

• Page:
Moderators: mikePascalouPatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds