Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windows 11 ,for what it is worth?

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 6 days ago #3720595

• coldfeet
  • coldfeet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 80
  • Honor Medal 2010
A friend bought a New HP laptop and asked me to set it up for him,wow what a night mare is nothing like previous window version,just about everything is different,you even need to setup a Microsoft account to install Office,about eight different steps to do that needs your mobile number to send code so you can use the activate procedure,then it wants you to create a Pin number to log-in,and so many other things,too much to describe here, took an age to find "My PC Icon" the desktop layout is completely different,Search in a different place as is shutdown. Of course is up to you if want Widows11? but if you do be prepared for a few headaches, and transferring stuff from old PC to the New Win11 one,well that`s another story!!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More Honey, Less Vinegar!

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 6 days ago #3720610

• QuietMouse01
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 481
  • Honor Medal 2010
Im still using Windows 7...without any problems....:S

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 5 days ago #3720629

• popeye
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 57

coldfeet wrote: A friend bought a New HP laptop and asked me to set it up for him,wow what a night mare is nothing like previous window version,just about everything is different,you even need to setup a Microsoft account to install Office,about eight different steps to do that needs your mobile number to send code so you can use the activate procedure,then it wants you to create a Pin number to log-in,and so many other things,too much to describe here, took an age to find "My PC Icon" the desktop layout is completely different,Search in a different place as is shutdown. Of course is up to you if want Widows11? but if you do be prepared for a few headaches, and transferring stuff from old PC to the New Win11 one,well that`s another story!!

I agree, and it's more than a few headaches!

I decided to get a replacement PC, with 11 already on, because my other one wouldn't love the upgrade.
I have been very much less than impressed.

When I started going back to my W10 PC, for everyday stuff, I reckoned all was not well.

W11 has lots of, seemingly, daft changes, like the screen layouts, etc., and the shift to sharing using OneDrive & "the cloud". (which I have found too tiring to set up & I don.t like the cloud, anyway, as I know that's the route to having to pay!)

Big PC users must be putting in lots of hours making changes to meet W11 & catching up with getting the minimum necessary tech levels for their PCs!

Still, it sells a lot of new PCs!

Hopefully, they will soon fully open the doors for amateurs to get in without breaking the bank.
The following user(s) said Well Said: coldfeet, Keeper

Last edit: by popeye.

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 5 days ago #3720914

• Graham
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 114
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was happy with Win7 until my motherboard died recently and had to rebuild everything, which Win7 really didn't like. So I was forced to change over to Win10, just as they announced Win11 was coming. Given all the bugs Win11 seems to have, I won't be changing across for a few years yet when they should hopefully managed to patch it up.

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 4 days ago #3721449

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2096
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had Windows 7, then came the anouncement that Microsoft was no longer going to update it, so I had Windows 10 put on this pc........a year last July, and I HATE it!!!!!!!!!! Do not talk to me about Windows 11!!!!!!!!!!!! One would have thought an update like this would be more people friendly and easier to use.........what a load of rubbish!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Well Said: coldfeet

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 4 days ago #3721455

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have Windows10, and until recently I could use Google ok, but now I have to sign into Google. Anyone else having this problem? I can sign into my Gmail account, but as soon as I shut off that webpage, it is back to sign in to Google........

Any answers please?

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 4 days ago #3721516

• coldfeet
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Keeper wrote: I had Windows 7, then came the anouncement that Microsoft was no longer going to update it, so I had Windows 10 put on this pc........a year last July, and I HATE it!!!!!!!!!! Do not talk to me about Windows 11!!!!!!!!!!!! One would have thought an update like this would be more people friendly and easier to use.........what a load of rubbish!!!!!!

An experts opinion!!
See here.

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 4 days ago #3721517

• coldfeet
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Keeper wrote: I have Windows10, and until recently I could use Google ok, but now I have to sign into Google. Anyone else having this problem? I can sign into my Gmail account, but as soon as I shut off that webpage, it is back to sign in to Google........

Any answers please?

Is to do with your browser,which Browser are you using?

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 3 days ago #3721932

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mozella Firefox, and I have search engine Duckduckgo, but it is not as good as Google.
I have to instead of using Google now, bring up AltaVista.com///// There used to be many different search engines, but Google has "gobbled them up"....

I have had Windows10 since a year last July, and always used Firefox, and always had no problem using Google search engine....something has changed..

Windows 11 ,for what it is worth? 1 week 3 days ago #3721944

• coldfeet
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I also use Firefox with Google search and works fine,if you go to Tools Settings Search. then Default Search Engine
This is your default search engine in the address bar and search bar. You can switch it at any time.
Choose Google in the drop down arrow.
Make sure you have Menu bar showing at the top of Firefox browser to achieve previous above.

Not that you probably want to,but as a work around can always open Duck Duck Go ,type Google in the search box,Google will open and go from there,"just saying"

Last edit: by coldfeet.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 2.013 seconds