TOPIC: cost of internet usage

cost of internet usage 2 weeks 1 day ago #3622388

• fitzgarabaldi
  • fitzgarabaldi's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 20
  • Honor Medal 2010
maybe someone has already asked ? - but I was curious about how much on average in any coinage it costs to have the front page of buzz open continuously? - I have looked at many complex formulas but has anyone got a simple one?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

cost of internet usage 2 weeks 1 day ago #3622395

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1791
  • Honor Medal 2010
Depends on what you mean. If you mean open and displayed on your device, not much. The first time you access the site it downloads all the necessary information to display the page and stores it in a cache on your device. It draws from that cache every time following that if its needed. So the only cost, is the data, time and energy to grab it in the first instance and from then on just the power to keep the display open, but then that power is not exclusive to that particular page but also includes everything else going on in your device at the same time. I reckon you must be talking at least a few pennies.

cost of internet usage 2 weeks 1 day ago #3622425

• Ruetends
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 696
  • Honor Medal 2010

fitzgarabaldi wrote: maybe someone has already asked ? - but I was curious about how much on average in any coinage it costs to have the front page of buzz open continuously? - I have looked at many complex formulas but has anyone got a simple one?

fitzgarabaldi , if your using a computer at home ... you could save buzz to your collections if your using Microsoft Edge , or your Bookmarks if your on Firefox as your Browser ,then you can go to them to find buzz every time .... but all depends on what your using to get on line ........

cost of internet usage 2 weeks 21 hours ago #3622519

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 657
  • Honor Medal 2010

fitzgarabaldi wrote: maybe someone has already asked ? - but I was curious about how much on average in any coinage it costs to have the front page of buzz open continuously? - I have looked at many complex formulas but has anyone got a simple one?

Not sure if this is what your asking. Cell phone is $55 a month with unlimited talk text and data. I just leave my cell phone hot spot turned on and it can have 15 devices connected at one time, computers,, note books, tv , other cell phones etc.,
If I don't disconnect from buzz50 it will disconnect it self if there is no activities with the site.
The hot spot flashes arrows when information is going in or out. After 15GB it will slow down but you can't really tell unless your watching TV or videos.

Robin
Last edit: by Robin.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds