Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: why is wifi so slow on my mobile?

why is wifi so slow on my mobile? 1 week 5 days ago #3427694

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10406
  • Honor Medal 2010

imosel wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

imosel wrote:

Sharkey wrote: Could be a few reasons to why something is wrong with the interaction between the wifi router and a given device. Possible problems could be anything from the device not supporting all of the wifi bands correctly (usually 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) to some kind of interference, to a software/firmware issue with the phone or router itself.

One thing to try is this............

Install a speed monitor from play store and check the speed. I am asking you to do this because there might be silent updates going on the background which you obviously can't see.If this is the scenario,then you might get that kind of speed while downloading from playstore,browser,etc.
Also if you have installed cracked/patched apps,please uninstall them and see whether that helps.
The final thing,as an end user,you can do is to factory reset your device.If even this doesn't help,then I am afraid it might be a hardware problem.Take it to a service centre to get it checked.

I forgot to say that with data the speed is 45Mbps, I don't know if that means anything.

There didn't seem to be a problem when I was with PlusNet a few months ago, now I am with the cheaper Post Office, but then I have not checked the speed for some time.

I have a speed monitor called "Fast", it is not possible that there is an update going on every time I check the speed over the past 2 weeks, so that is out of the question.

It is possible that an app is "cracked/patched", sounds interesting, please can you tell me how do I know if that is the case? Thanks

imosel this is Buzz50 a social network platform not the Carphone Warehouse or PC World like some folk think it is so your going to have to do some research yourself sorry.

Fair enough, so there is not point in a "Computer & internet" forum.

Computer & Internet advice not repairs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sharkey.

why is wifi so slow on my mobile? 1 week 5 days ago #3427763

• hcf3sf
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 981
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am assuming your connection is over Wifi. How many devices do you have? 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? If your phone is 2.4 GHz and you have a lot of other 2.4 GHz devices, that will slow down the internet. Also, have you moved your router. Distance between device and router can also slow internet.
The following user(s) said Well Said: imosel

Blessings,
Harry

why is wifi so slow on my mobile? 1 week 5 days ago #3427826

• NooN
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 353

imosel wrote: I have checked my internet speed at home many times and with different checking sites.

The speed on my laptop varies from 10.8mbps to 11.23 which is fine, the one on my mobile varies from 1.7 to 2.8 which is really slow.

When I select "More Settings" from broadband name on my mobile it says signal strength varying from good to excellent.

I have problems accessing "catch up" on LBC, I don't know if it is because of the weak signal or the app itself.

Can someone please tell my why and if there is a solution to the weak signal on my mobile? Thanks

You could be having Apps running in the background imosel or even apps you don't need, see if this is some help to you ..

How to Fix Slow Android Phone or Tablet
The following user(s) said Well Said: imosel

Last edit: by NooN.

why is wifi so slow on my mobile? 1 week 5 days ago #3427896

• imosel
  • imosel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 98
  • Honor Medal 2010
Very interesting site Noon, have bookmarked it, thanks

Treasure the moments that you have, savour them for as long as you can, for they will never come back again.

why is wifi so slow on my mobile? 1 week 5 days ago #3427903

• imosel
  • imosel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 98
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sharkey wrote:
Also if you have installed cracked/patched apps,please uninstall them and see whether that helps.

So.….uninstalled LBC, reinstalled it and voilá! Internet speed up to what it is supposed to be!

Thanks.

Treasure the moments that you have, savour them for as long as you can, for they will never come back again.

why is wifi so slow on my mobile? 1 week 4 days ago #3428234

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10406
  • Honor Medal 2010

imosel wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

So.….uninstalled LBC, reinstalled it and voilá! Internet speed up to what it is supposed to be!

Thanks.

Welldone

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds