Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is not open for debate nor negative discussion but for the enjoyment of members that are believers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE TRUE GOD

KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE TRUE GOD 3 weeks 1 day ago #3618929

• rick5386
  • rick5386's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 29
  • Honor Medal 2010
The true God is most interested in what his hands have done. Genisis 1:1,2,3 says "1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth 2 Now the earth was formless and desolate, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God’s active force was moving about over the surface of the waters 3 And God said: “Let there be light.” Then there was light " Ask yourself, who was God talking to ? The answer to that question is simple actually, after some research. Proverbs the 8th chapter has the answer; verse 22" New World Translation" says " Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From ancient times I was installed, From the start, from times earlier than the earth. 24 When there were no deep waters, I was brought forth, When there were no springs overflowing with water. 25 Before the mountains were set in place, Before the hills, I was brought forth, 26 When he had not yet made the earth and its fields Or the first clods of earth’s soil. 27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there; When he marked out the horizon* on the surface of the waters, 28 When he established* the clouds above, When he founded the fountains of the deep, 29 When he set a decree for the sea That its waters should not pass beyond his order, When he established* the foundations of the earth, 30 Then I was beside him as a master worker. I was the one he was especially fond of day by day; I rejoiced before him all the time; 31 I rejoiced over his habitable earth, And I was especially fond of the sons of men. 32 And now, my sons, listen to me; Yes, happy are those who keep my ways.33 Listen to discipline and become wise, And never neglect it. 34 Happy is the man who listens to me by coming early to my doors day by day, by waiting next to my doorposts; 35 For the one finding me will find life, And he receives approval from Jehovah. 36 But the one who ignores me harms himself,* And those who hate me love death.”"

There exist those who will say that those words belong to "wisdom" and they are correct; however is wisdom inanimate and does it need someone to act on it, in order for it to show its power? Notice verse 22 says " Jehovah produced me as the beginning of His way" At Colossians 1, 14-20 we read " 14 by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins. 15 He(Jesus Christ) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist, 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things; 19 because God was pleased to have all fullness to dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all other things by making peace through the blood he shed on the torture stake, whether the things on the earth or the things in the heavens."

Seems as though both Proverbs and Colossians agree that we are talking about Jesus Christ. Notice how it helps us to understand more about the creation of our universe as well; even though there are many millions of years that have gone by since the beginning of creation; We find ourselves living at the most unique time in history now where anyone who wants to humble themselves and learn more are promised from the originator of life, The one who never had a beginning wants his creation not only to live, but to live forever on this earth in a paradise that is promised.

Understandably there are a lot of unanswered questions that honest hearted people have and there is also a faithful remnant that is helping those, whom love God, to understand the truth about Him and His son.
Jesus said at Mathew 24:45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?"

Each one will decide for themselves what they want out of life and there is one important factor that we all will be accountable for, and that is, "am I doing what God wants me to do" no matter how one may feel.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds