TOPIC: Donating blood

Donating blood 2 months 3 weeks ago #3993117

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1541
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pop1 wrote: Mad cow -- pig swine flu etc etc etc does not bother me on giving blood ,, what does bother me is those that took the corona jabs mostly over being threatened by our Government leaders and doctors ,, anybody who took these jabs should never ever be allowed to give blood whatever group or how needed it is ..

The current COVID-19 vaccines do not contain live virus.
If you've been vaccinated, there is no evidence that your donation will transmit infection but it may contain protective antibodies against COVID-19.
There is also no evidence that donations from vaccinated individuals will increase the risk of thrombosis in the recipient.
You can donate 48 hours after having the vaccination.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

Donating blood 2 months 3 weeks ago #3993400

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 541
  • Honor Medal 2010
and anyway people who have had live vaccines donate blood too - MMR for example - certainly doesn't preclude one from donating blood

I am not aware of a recomended minimum time frame between recieving a live vaccine and donating blood - but is possible there is one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds