• Page:

TOPIC: Having a bad day

Having a bad day 2 weeks 6 days ago #3887784

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1653
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just to remind some members that this is the Health section of the forum, not Just for Laughs.
Health category is where those with health issues that may be of concern can post without fear of ridicule or mockery, or crude posts like the one that I have just removed.

Thank you.

Pats.admin.
The following user(s) said Well Said: DarrenM, lozzy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

Having a bad day 2 weeks 6 days ago #3887789

• DarrenM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 419
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

DarrenM wrote: ]

100% Respect to you Bruce, and anyone and everyone else who is brave enough to undergo that procedure
Friends of mine have had it and they both said it was extremely uncomfortable to say the least
The Macmillan Nurse i was talking with assured me it was the Gold Standard as far as procedures were concerned
For me personally, it was one procedure too far, one procedure too many
The Biopsys, as i mentioned before, were excruciatingly painful, then afterwards i could not move for at least 3 hours (nurses orders), a common order after the Biopsys i had
, after all that my condition still remained undiagnosed
When i asked the Nurse if i undergo that procedure will my condition be finally diagnosed, she honestly replied there is no guarantee
After various CAT scans, most with contrast, a few MRIs and a P.E.T scan, two Biopsys and various blood tests amongst it and i am still undiagnosed, there only so much one person can take, i reached my limit
As i mentioned, the Macmillan Nurses know that a Colonoscopy is the Gold standard procedure, i have 100% respect for those Nurses in everything they say and do, and i have 100% respect for all of those who undergo that procedure

The following user(s) said Well Said: caretaker, Bruce, Pats

Last edit: by DarrenM.

Having a bad day 2 weeks 6 days ago #3887808

• Woody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 652
  • Honor Medal 2010
My sibling is a physician so I can keep it in the family if I want. Awkward at Thanksgiving but…..
The following user(s) said Well Said: caretaker, Vienna, Bruce

4-24-41 to 8-20-22 RIP Mom.

Having a bad day 2 weeks 5 days ago #3888119

• caretaker
  • caretaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 144
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have half a test and he stopped, now got to go back soon to be put under, he said half way up the water was to cloudy and it will take another half hour, he was concerned about my heart.
3 days the pain lasted but now back to normal.
Thank all.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Woody, Bruce, DarrenM

I love my spell checker.
Have a nice day to one and all.

Having a bad day 2 weeks 4 days ago #3888518

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 416
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have a colonoscopy periodically, in the beginning every 3/4 years years(personal med history./family med. history), then went to 10 years. The prep is very unpleasant, colonoscopies are very important to our continued health and well being ,especially in detecting rectal and colon cancer, they are also useful in detecting other digestive issues which may result from diabetes and/ or other digestive ailments..
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman, Pats

Having a bad day 2 weeks 4 days ago #3888535

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 547
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, I get a colonoscopy every 5 years. Preparation is very unpleasant. But while they are in there, if they see a polyp or such, they can laser it out. Years before I had a Flexible sigmoidoscopy which just covers the lower foot and a half or so. They do not anesthetize you for that. It happened that a very bad lighting storm was going on in the midst of it. All of a sudden, the lights went out and the whole facility went black. The doctor said, "Oh oh!". Luckily the generators kicked in and things proceeded.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna

“All is ephemeral, both what remembers and what is remembered.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Having a bad day 2 weeks 4 days ago #3888545

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 586
  • Honor Medal 2010

Shadowman wrote: Yes, I get a colonoscopy every 5 years. Preparation is very unpleasant. But while they are in there, if they see a polyp or such, they can laser it out. Years before I had a Flexible sigmoidoscopy which just covers the lower foot and a half or so. They do not anesthetize you for that. It happened that a very bad lighting storm was going on in the midst of it. All of a sudden, the lights went out and the whole facility went black. The doctor said, "Oh oh!". Luckily the generators kicked in and things proceeded.

No one ever wants to hear their doctor say "oh no" in the middle of a procedure. Luckily with all the probing I've had it's something I have never experienced. Though following one cystoscopy while discussing the results I did have a young intern ask casually if they could start cutting bits of me out, just as a precaution, it didn't happen and I'm still intact, some surgeons are just to eager to pad their resume.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds