• Page:

TOPIC: Pills and Chronic Ailments

Pills and Chronic Ailments 2 weeks 2 days ago #3485021

• patcaf
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 91
  • Honor Medal 2010
Was on a lot due to cancer for a couple of years there but thankfully now just one BP pill a day. BP is fine but doc says that is because I take the pill and should not come off it. How can one tell? Was prescribed statins but they had a really bad impact on my health so I came off them.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, Rose57, Purple Sandy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pills and Chronic Ailments 2 weeks 1 day ago #3485226

• BlushingOrchid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I take three pers med which for me is too much, BUT I am staying on them for the present. *Cholesterol, BP med both lowest dose and one other. I have one chronic ailment...

Pills and Chronic Ailments 2 weeks 8 hours ago #3486013

• Dan Dare
  • Dan Dare's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 239
  • Honor Medal 2010

patcaf wrote: Was on a lot due to cancer for a couple of years there but thankfully now just one BP pill a day. BP is fine but doc says that is because I take the pill and should not come off it. How can one tell? Was prescribed statins but they had a really bad impact on my health so I came off them.

Sorry the statins didn't agree with you Patcaf. I have a monitor to check my BP which costs about $100. My Doc even calibrated it against his and mine reads about 3 pts above his. That's good enough for me.

I also get whining tinnitus and feel on edge when my BP is high. Two different tablets a day too but it's settling down now. The angst of Covid doesn't help.
Don't stop your BP meds, better than a stroke or heart attack as my Doc told me. My worst was 225/115! I should have called an ambulance according to my Doc. I'm now happy with my 142/88.
Take care, Dan.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Rose57, Purple Sandy

Pills and Chronic Ailments 1 week 5 days ago #3487232

• Purple Sandy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 458
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, it is always important to take meds prescribed for you if you have health conditions. If they don't agree with you, or have side effects, consult with your Dr, to change for different ones. In my case, I was able to come off certain meds prescribed at times in my life when I needed them.
I too have tinnitus, I generally forget about it, as it's my ' norm' but sometimes in the quiet of the night I have the radio on low to distract me from it.
Wishing Good health to all X
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Dan Dare, Keeper, Rose57

Pills and Chronic Ailments 1 week 4 days ago #3487997

• Dan Dare
  • Dan Dare's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 239
  • Honor Medal 2010

Purple Sandy wrote: Yes, it is always important to take meds prescribed for you if you have health conditions. If they don't agree with you, or have side effects, consult with your Dr, to change for different ones. In my case, I was able to come off certain meds prescribed at times in my life when I needed them.
I too have tinnitus, I generally forget about it, as it's my ' norm' but sometimes in the quiet of the night I have the radio on low to distract me from it.
Wishing Good health to all X

Agreed Tinnitus can be debilitating Sandy, especially if bad. My old lovely but blunt Dad had it too and simply said "I just ignore it".
I never found it that easy and play low vol classical music a lot, and even take a little diazapan (2.5mg) to ease its stressors in the evening. I still hear it but don't care. I don't have my father's steel will.

Walking into a local shop a while ago, the bell beeped, as always.
I asked the boss how he put up with that noise everyday?
He replied, sagely, "What noise?" We can get used to a lot.

I find headphones great for listening to movies.

I used to have joint and back issues. Thankfully those issues have gone now since I made the effort ,due to Diabetes and Hypetension, to diet, excercise and loose weight, with good meds. Even fasting days and cycling which is relatively very covid safe I think.. mask n gloves even....

Stay safe everyone, us oldies are the most vulnerable in these Covid times. Half of my old friends would be in serious trouble if they caught it, me included.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Last edit: by Dan Dare.

Pills and Chronic Ailments 1 week 4 days ago #3488017

• Rose57
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1471
  • Honor Medal 2010
I take several meds for chronic pain due to nerve damage from spine injury, fibromyalgia, arthritis, respiratory disease, allergies & thyroid. Plus several supplements to aid Heath. I’m now in mid 60’s but literally 4 years ago I was going for 5-10 mile bike rides each day, I felt vibrant, my then heath issues under control. Then I injured my spine, had several surgeries. On good day’s I can now take my dogs to the Park and walk about for 10-15 minutes. smile.png
FORGIVENESS doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart ,•*”*•,,.•*’%,.•”
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare

Last edit: by Rose57.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds