Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false?

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 1 week ago #3565577

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1550
  • Honor Medal 2010
Killing their customers slowly. World’s biggest polluters too although Jeff is a close second. That free shipping though, free shipping. :evil:
Murica!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 1 week ago #3565616

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2699
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pascalou wrote:

Vegemite Kid wrote: Nothing wrong with fast foods as part of a balanced diet

To me this is an oxymoron .. I can not for the sake of me see where fast food would stand in an healthy diet :huh: knowing that most of them are full of saturated fat and high in sugar and sodium and poor in fibers.

This is extremely unhealthy imo.
40% on fast food any other day?
What a coincidence !
40% American are obese and 34,1 % are diabetic!
Highest figures in the western world.:(

well because 2 things.

1. All fast food is not the same - you can get versions other than saturated fat burgers. Takeaway sushi or salad from Subway is still fast food

2. anything including saturated fat/sugar items can be part of a balanced diet.
Your diet is your overall intake not one item and there is room in an overall diet for the occasional high fat/sugar/low nutrition item.

Thats why dieticians recomend have these things Occasionally.

Not have them Never.

Or as I put it - Nothing wrong with fast foods as part of a balanced diet

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 1 week ago #3565742

• Pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 3154
  • Honor Medal 2010
Although I understand what you mean Vegemite Kid, I do not agree with statements like that as I think that they could be very misleading for people addicted to very unhealthy fast food, which are loaded with sugar, sodium and saturated fat and thinking they are part of a balanced/healthy diet! :ohmy:

Many things very wrong when most obese Americans addicted to such foods are definitely not going for sushis and healthy food.:(
So let them not believe that these food are healthy.

I very scarcely go to unhealthy fast foods.
I do have a craving at times and goes for a unhealthy fast food meal, such as those chosen by many obese people in the US ( i do not believe sushis would make them obese eg).

But while enjoying every mouthful of this special '' treat'' I do bear in mind that, as we French would say, '' that is a crime'' lol and probably the most unhealthy meal of the month or the fornight for me, and that evening will be full of greens and fibers and low calories to compensate.

Yes healthy people, with a healthy diet can break healthy diet rules and go for a naughy extra rich, extra calories, meal for an occasional treat, but I would call it , the unhealthy meal, of an otherwise healthy diet.

This being said of course they are all kinds of fast food, healthy ones and unhealthy ones, this being said when we are talking of 40% of population addicted to fast food and obese , I very much doubt we are talking about healthy fast food here.

My healthy fast food diet type would be grab a sushi or load a bowl with all kinds of greens and salad and have it with a piece of baguette and a slice of nice farm ham or low fat cheese , eventually followed by a fruit and a black coffee, fast and relatively healthy, but somehow, I very much doubt we are talking about these kinds of fast food here.
Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Last edit: by Pascalou.

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 1 week ago #3565773

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
well it wasnt specified what types of fast food we were talking about - a point I brought upearly in thread

"would have to define what they mean by fast food too - do they mean any take away food or drink?
That would be inflated by people buying lunch from their work canteen or a take away coffee.
A statistic without definition doesnt mean much."

I dont think what I said is misleading at all.

I think it is important to understand one can have an overall healthy diet which includes a part of not so healthy components.

Obviously how much part and portion control matters.

as it does for weight management.

It is getting the amounts and balance right that matters, not having a binary all or nothing approach.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pascalou

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 1 week ago #3566080

• olfella
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 134
Another side to Fast Food outlets.

Number 2 – Arby's had 210 critical violations, including not washing hands properly and handling food with their bare hands.

What about home cooking straight from the cardbox containers, Straight to the microwave
Would these fall into well balanced diets?
And how many people's diet consist mainly (for being to busy) or lazy to prepare well balanced food?

I would estimate that the Almost 40% would be a lot higher than 40%
And not just the Americans.

Last edit: by Pascalou. Reason: unwanted line liable to libel removed

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 1 week ago #3566096

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Microwave meals would fall into well balanced diets if your overall diet is nutritious , balanced and in right portion sizes.

Same as any food - burgers, cake etc

It is your overall diet that matters, not one item in isolation.

Context and dosage.

Almost 40% of Americans Eat Fast Food on Any Given Day? true or false? 1 month 6 days ago #3566734

• Pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 3154
  • Honor Medal 2010

olfella wrote: Another side to Fast Food outlets.
What about home cooking straight from the cardbox containers, Straight to the microwave
Would these fall into well balanced diets?
And how many people's diet consist mainly (for being to busy) or lazy to prepare well balanced food?
I would estimate that the Almost 40% would be a lot higher than 40%
And not just the Americans.

I would say it depends on the food brand.
A lot of already meals are full of preservatives, sodium , sugar and saturated fat.
French are very touchy with their food and have now made a nutriscore on each food item sold compulsory.
When you buy a microwavable meal it comes with a nutriscore mark A, B, C,D, E
depending on the amount used in sodium, sugar and fat.
Every French people is equipped with an app enabling to read the nutri score of any food.
Consequently the processed food have decreased sodium , sugar and fat by 50% in most brands.

I very much doubt it is the case in many other countries.
Although I would not be surprised that other E.U countries have the same standards.

My 2 kids are young professional in their early 20ies.
One is an excellent cook and only mostly cook and bake organic on a daily basis.

The eldest has hardly anytime to cook and often buys already made meals but never goes below a B and starts to always select an A score.
Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Last edit: by Pascalou.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds