• Page:

TOPIC: Losing those last 10 pounds !

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525282

• Katherine
  • Katherine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 21
Looking for some advice or thoughts on losing those 10 pounds gained during this pandemic covid-19

Right now i am trying the Keto & Carb Cycling ... anybody else doing this type of lifestyle ?

Kat smile.png smile.png
Have a great and fun day !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525289

• Right Now
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 556
  • Honor Medal 2010
My lifestyle now is simple....eating less at each sitting, and exercising more, walking and more walking.

The pounds aren't coming off, but then, they aren't coming on, either.wink.png
Better to be be surprised at what's around the next corner than to plan on what I might find there.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lenny, Katherine

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525290

• Realist
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2032
  • Honor Medal 2010

Katherine wrote: Looking for some advice or thoughts on losing those 10 pounds gained during this pandemic covid-19

Right now i am trying the Keto & Carb Cycling ... anybody else doing this type of lifestyle ?

Kat smile.png smile.png

Yep, eating to a Keto style will likely see you lose a significant amount of weight.
Doesn't even need to be completely rigid. You can still eat 20g-30g of carbs a day and still do very well.

What matters is that you achieve the milestone of getting your body into a state of Ketosis which you should confirm by using Ketosticks or an equivalent method. Get those from your local chemists If you can, they are often sold out because so many people have realised Keto is a great safe way to lose weight. I did it for just a few weeks in January and lost just under a stone pretty effortlessly. No exercise involved for me BTW, just purely eating according to a Keto style to put my body into Ketosis.
Only dead fish swim with the flow
The following user(s) said Well Said: Katherine

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525297

• Eira
  • Away
  • Well said received: 3704
  • Honor Medal 2010
Keto Diets are something that me and my partner, who is an unusual type of Diabetic, have looked into in detail, on the recommendation of his professional diabetic consultant.

As with most types of extreme diets, it is worth pointing out that people should consult their Doctor or a qualified medical professional before embarking on a Keto diet, because it is not suitable for everybody and can be dangerous for people with some existing health issues.
Step by step, one goes a long way.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pascalou, Right Now, AntiqueLace1, Katherine, Jennet

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525302

• Pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 2925
  • Honor Medal 2010
I will also have to lose these extra ten pounds after covid and normally will do it quite easily.

Stop the chocolate bars I have indulged in during late nights at home working during covid.wink.png
Make sure I have my 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
and a balanced low sugar low fat diet ....
More exercice cycling, walking , swimming and that should do it.
Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Right Now, AntiqueLace1, Katherine

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525324

• Katherine
  • Katherine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 21
Thanks ! I appreciate your posts .......

Kat
Have a great and fun day !

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525535

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2906
  • Honor Medal 2010
I do not have diabetes but I was overweight until recently. I attended a slimming class before lockdown which was helpful but for the last few pounds my GP recommended I fast between the hours of 8.00 pm and 8.00 a.m, no food at all between those hours, drinking only water. It worked.

Last edit: by Aida.

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 month 3 days ago #3525550

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2327
  • Honor Medal 2010
I lost 10kg, around 22lb, in 2013 and kept it off sicne.

What worked for the last 10 pounds was same as what had worked for the first 10 - eating less than I burned.

I did track that via myfitnesspal, very useful app.Also has a forum if you need help with anything.

What you need to do is eat less than you burn - whether you do that with keto, any other sort of diet, any sort of eating intervals (eg not eating after x time) doesnt matter., it will still work

What does matter is that you do it - and I would suggest in a way that is sustainable eating way for you.

So if keto eating or spacing food or any other tool seems a sustainable way for you, then do it.
If not, then don't
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 week 6 days ago #3534584

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 68

Aida wrote: ... for the last few pounds my GP recommended I fast between the hours of 8.00 pm and 8.00 a.m, no food at all between those hours, drinking only water.

I do that too. I call it "sleeping". wink.png

Last edit: by Elias Mooseblaster.

Losing those last 10 pounds ! 1 week 6 days ago #3534633

• AntiqueLace1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 956
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had gained 10 pounds since January of this year and embarrassed to admit it but here I am baring my soul :( :ohmy: smile.png

When I had bouts of chronic pain with a condition I have, and the Corona and the fact I am a huge food lover and overate, it speaks for itself, open mouth, insert food, stand on scale and go OMG!

Yes I am in route to taking off those pounds....it will be through sensible eating and paying attention to the indulgence in pastas and
sweets. I want to lose more than 10 pounds and surely need to but time will tell for sure.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds