Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Fast food inovation

Fast food inovation 3 months 3 weeks ago #3245316

  • Lotus blossom
  • Lotus blossom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We hear alot of talk about healthier fast food choices. Has anybody actually seen or tried any?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fast food inovation 3 months 3 weeks ago #3245349

  • Meeooow
  • Meeooow's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1887
  • Well said received: 3347
  • Points: 4593
  • Honor Medal 2010
I do hear chicken is healthy..seems to be the panacea for colds and every other ailment. Trouble is, the little beggers run too fast. I don't know if you would term that as healthy fast food
Apart from that I don't think there is a lot of healthy food "out there" in the takeaway world.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fast food inovation 3 months 2 weeks ago #3245820

  • JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2556
  • Well said received: 2773
  • Points: 934

Lotus blossom wrote: We hear alot of talk about healthier fast food choices. Has anybody actually seen or tried any?





We eat a lot of vegetables,fruit, salad, pasta,rice, chicken, low fat or no fat yoghurt, it is all about everything in moderation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Fast food inovation 2 months 3 weeks ago #3262695

  • JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2556
  • Well said received: 2773
  • Points: 934
Something tells me,in this hot weather fast food outlets will be really busy.
The following user(s) said Well Said: MondayOptimist

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Fast food inovation 2 months 3 weeks ago #3262769

  • Rose57
  • Rose57's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 986
  • Well said received: 1561
  • Points: 19829
  • Honor Medal 2010

Meeooow wrote: I do hear chicken is healthy..seems to be the panacea for colds and every other ailment. Trouble is, the little beggers run too fast. I don't know if you would term that as healthy fast food
Apart from that I don't think there is a lot of healthy food "out there" in the takeaway world.


:laugh: :laugh: :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always. – Robin Williams

Fast food inovation 2 months 2 weeks ago #3266555

  • MoonlitRoads63
  • MoonlitRoads63's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 520
  • Well said received: 864
  • Points: 1669
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Lotus blossom wrote: We hear alot of talk about healthier fast food choices. Has anybody actually seen or tried any?





We eat a lot of vegetables,fruit, salad, pasta,rice, chicken, low fat or no fat yoghurt, it is all about everything in moderation.


That lot sounds good.
The following user(s) said Well Said: T65KBK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fast food inovation 2 months 2 weeks ago #3266732

  • DancingByMyself
  • DancingByMyself's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 243
  • Well said received: 236
  • Points: 1163
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am never keen to do the fast food drive throughs, but fast food can be just as quick as a queue in the car if it is just pop it in the oven meal.
There are so many healthy options available now in supermarkets and not just weight watchers of slimming world but healthy options of own branded retailers. I always buy a few for the days when I get home from work and can't be bothered to cook. I stick it in the oven and grab a shower, just in time for the food to be ready. I like the 'so simple' range for fish and healthy choices meals in Sainsbury's are usually lovely. Not huge portions but then I grab my berries and a banana and feel healthy and full in a fairly fast time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fast food inovation 2 months 2 weeks ago #3266733

  • DancingByMyself
  • DancingByMyself's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 243
  • Well said received: 236
  • Points: 1163
  • Honor Medal 2010

DancingByMyself wrote: I am never keen to do the fast food drive throughs, but fast food can be just as quick as a queue in the car if it is just pop it in the oven meal.
There are so many healthy options available now in supermarkets and not just weight watchers of slimming world but healthy options of own branded retailers. I always buy a few for the days when I get home from work and can't be bothered to cook. I stick it in the oven and grab a shower, just in time for the food to be ready. I like the 'so simple' range for fish and healthy choices meals in Sainsbury's are usually lovely. Not huge portions but then I grab my berries and a banana and feel healthy and full in a fairly fast time.


I just saw your question also asks if I have seen any, yes I have seen it advertised in the drive throughs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fast food inovation 1 month 4 weeks ago #3280243

  • Corvette
  • Corvette's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 645
  • Well said received: 490
  • Points: 11446
  • Honor Medal 2010
Everyone should take time to read what is in the food. A French fry is the worst food there is. Fast food is known
to add things to food to make it sell better. Fast food is in the sell junk food business, they do not care if you get
fat.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fast food inovation 1 month 4 weeks ago #3280566

  • Vegemite Kid
  • Vegemite Kid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 8595
  • Well said received: 9732
  • Points: 216504
  • Honor Medal 2010
I eat fast food and 'junk food' sometimes and I am not fat.

Like everything, in moderation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.