• Page:

TOPIC: exercise

exercise 3 weeks 5 days ago #3616922

• angellake456
  • angellake456's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 0
I am usually a very avid walker and i enjoying travelling to new cities to combine my love of different cultures and foods with walking. however as you can imagine through lockdown this have proven impossible. i have been on daily walks but i get bored of the same scenery etc so i have been finding new ways to keep mobile and fit.

hopefully i can get back to my walks soon but for anybody who has struggled to keep fit and mobile during lockdown chair exercises are recommended all seated as i didnt want a high impact one but i think even when i am walking again i will do them a couple of times a week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Incorrect video posting format removed as per rules

exercise 3 weeks 5 days ago #3617045

• Lenny
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 419
  • Honor Medal 2010
My wife Joan and I both go to a gym when things are normal. However they are anything but normal right now.
We will walk together in the AM. and I will either walk of bike in the PM.
We did both start chair exercising. I gave it up but Joan still does them smile.png

exercise 3 weeks 5 days ago #3617292

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1640
  • Honor Medal 2010
I walk regularly, I did swim,but swimming baths have closed down,so I do look forward to them reopening,

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

exercise 3 weeks 5 days ago #3617295

• Dollie
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 194
I have always exercised, treadmill at home, gym goer, group Walker, and thru the lockdown have kept up jogging locally,
Have also used live online classes, with the new recent addition of local online yoga classes. ,
When we weren’t allowed outside at all....i jogged up & down my garden, lol, where there’s a will there a way.
I am roughly the same size I was in my late teens. Use it or lose as they say, & that’s my motivation.

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night !!

exercise 13 hours 23 minutes ago #3628891

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 238
I managed to resume going to the gym again, finally, after planning to go there on April 12th which was the day they reopened after the latest Lockdown. Guess who tripped and badly sprained his left ankle and knee on the 9th... I was so disappointed. I managed one visit, about 3 weeks after that, enjoyed myself even though I was still hobbling around, then an illness in the family meant I couldn't go again until over a week later. The Fates have it in for me!!

Today was pretty decent and I had a great workout. I even did some leg work on the leg press machine, but only using a fairly low weight of 80 kilos. I tried doing 60 reps, went on other machines and ended my leg workout with 100 reps. That was a total of 12.8 metric tons and the knee and ankle seem in good shape. Roll on next visit!

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds