Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Cooking, Eating, Restaurants and anything to do with food
  • Page:

TOPIC: I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193220

• fastdawg1
  • fastdawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1213
  • Honor Medal 2010
I need some quick easy, probably healthy things I could make for dinner. I've become single and I really don't cook (besides breakfast easy stuff) besides the grill outside, and I live in Ohio so that's out til late spring. Yeah, I know soup, I can buy some prepared salads and spice them up. My daughter has promised to feed me 2 or 3 times a week, but I need to learn to cook a bit, but faster easier things first as I do my workout thing in the evening (almost 2 hours), plus I'm still working and now taking care of a 1900 square foot home inside and out by myself. So there's a lot on my plate, besides food! Open to suggestions that are simple and quick. Healthy would be a 2fer!

thanks
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cowards die a thousand deaths, heroes die but once.

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193240

• Mykle
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 432
  • Honor Medal 2010
Get your Brain into gear, get some cook books out , sit down read them.Experiment and have some fun trying things, because it looks as though nobody else is going to jump in and help you. Looks as though you will have to organise your life differently in future.
You can do it!!
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, fastdawg1

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193244

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7093
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would buy a large pack of boneless chicken breast and a large pack of frozen WILD caught salmon. In addition buy fresh organic spring mix salad and baby spinach, tomatoes, carrots, red onion, all the fixings for a green salad. Have on hand some instant BROWN rice and assorted frozen vegetables as well.

Now you can mix and match your dinners. Grill or pan fry a few chicken breasts at a time and about once or twice a week defrost a couple of salmon fillets. I either put them atop a huge salad (with all the fixings) or
as an entrée alongside the brown rice and vegetable/salad. There are so many combinations right there.

If you are hankering for red meat, grill a rib eye or NY strip steak once in a while. with a baked potato and
vegetable and salad.

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Well Said: fastdawg1

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193274

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4520
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are all kinds of recipe sites online .... simple and easy are the ones I always look at lol. You can even find ones that involve only 5 ingredients, or ones such as a meal in one pot ! For someone as busy as you, it sounds like a ‘slow-cooker’ would be handy ... we use to call them Crock Pots back in the day ... they were hugely popular ....and now there’s a huge fan base out there for Instant Pots !

Tons of ideas online.....
The following user(s) said Well Said: fastdawg1, Robin

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193356

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 485
  • Honor Medal 2010
slow cooker/crock pot start when you go to work and done when you get home.
Wal-Mart has pork roasts and beef roast you put in baking dish with a lid, mix the powder sauce w/water put in oven for stated hours (3 or 4). go cut grass, wash the vehicle, run to the store and work out. you don't have to set there and watch over it is the good thing.
pressure cooker: potato's mashed 25 min, potato salad 15 to min. roast; 30 - 45 min., ham hacks 20 min.

cook book helps a lot.

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193359

• tony55
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 315
  • Honor Medal 2010
Black pudding on toast..
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg, fastdawg1

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 4 days ago #3193411

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3712
  • Honor Medal 2010
Comfort food cheesy potato bake
Peel boil and mash potatoes
Add grated extra mature cheese after mashing and sprinkle some on the top
Pop in oven to reheat and brown top.

Serve with salad

You can add a finely chopped onion to the mash .
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg, fastdawg1

Last edit: by Rips.

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 3 days ago #3193556

• pascalou
  • Away
  • Well said received: 10275
  • Honor Medal 2010
I came back home exhausted from work last night and in 10 minutes fixed myself healthy fast food with everything that was available in the fridge.

A handful of blue berries, a small sliced avocado, a handful of red beans and chickpeas, few slices of cucumber, some green salad, a sliced roast chicken breast.....

The seasonning of course red wine vinegar, with olive oil and French mustard. ( I mix the preparation in a small jar that stays handy in the fridge whenever needed)/.

For desert I had some fresh mango and a bit of soya plain yoghurt.
Healthy fast food for me...

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last edit: by pascalou.

I don't really cook besides breakfast, I need some easy things to make........ 1 week 2 days ago #3194059

• man of kent
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 458
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have breakfast of porridge, a tea cake at eleven, a sandwich for lunch,
a scone at three pm, then a cooked dinner at five pm, cheese & biscuits at nine pm.
Cooking helps me, & a codeword, to keeps the mind occupied.

• Page:
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds