Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 21 hours ago #3873559

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 281
  • Honor Medal 2010
[quote="waimiha" post=3873025]The Democrats and the Republicans in truth are 97% the same. Mr Trump and Mr Biden are in fact 97% the same. Who ever wins in the USA, 99% of Americans will be well off. I have always thought the 2024 eletion would be about the Democrat woman candidate becoming the first woman President. But due to Trumps loss the Dems have had 3 out of the last 4 terms so it's the Republicans "turn" to win now. Clearly the Republicans will not select Trump. But will one or both parties select a woman Presidential candidate?[/quote]

]The Democrats and the Republicans in truth are 97% the same. Mr Trump and Mr Biden are in fact 97% the same.

It would take one vastly misinformed person to believe this.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Woody

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by senile1.

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 19 hours ago #3873578

• Robin
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 278
  • Honor Medal 2010
I know people in both parties that some are for and others are for or against abortion. It differently is not drawn along party lines.
People on sides, want regulations on guns but they can not agree on words used. And it's not a long party lines.
You hear people changing their party because they disagree with what their party is pushing in schools and everything else, so that is not drawn along party lines.
Basically, the elected officials do not know everything, and most times they think they do. But they are suppose to represent the people from their district and not vote just to follow the party.

But it would be nice to have a discussion on each and everyone of those subjects. Using an opened mind to discuss them using knowledge and keeping cause and effect in mind. All the steps and not right now thinking.

Robin

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 14 hours ago #3873599

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote: I wouldnt think so Idlewild - extremists maybe and I agree Trump and Biden are not at all alike in either policy or style - but many individual Republicans and Democrats probably do have a lot of over lap on views on many things or have nuanced differences whilst still the same general view.

While Ms. Veggie does a have a valid point to an extent, the main issues lies in whether they are Moderates or whether they represent the extreme elements of the political parties. The main issues with the Republican Party is those who are in office represent the extreme elements.They(GOP) interfere with voting Rights, support overturning elections, incited / supported an insurrection by a sitting President of their party, suppression Rights, the list goes on and on..........
When John McCain ran against Obama, had Sarah Palin not been McCain's running mate, I could have voted either way. In '24 the only GOP candidate I would vote for is Larry Hogan, outgoing Gov. of Maryland. The rest of the potential candidates(GOP) are of the extreme nature.There is interest in Democracy within the vast majority of the current GOP.
I would love to see true Americans deal with business' that support Right-Wing extremism like they did with Papa Jones Pizza, force the ownerships out.

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 14 hours ago #3873600

• Vegemite Kid
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 570
  • Honor Medal 2010
to clarify, I did exclude extremists.

But a lot of middle ground or over lap or differing in degrees rather than entirely, for many people, voters and candidates of of both sides
I dont think demonising one side as entirely bad/wrong and one side ( the one I support, of course) as entirely right is a very considered stance.

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 14 hours ago #3873602

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote: I know people in both parties that some are for and others are for or against abortion. It differently is not drawn along party lines.
People on sides, want regulations on guns but they can not agree on words used. And it's not a long party lines.
You hear people changing their party because they disagree with what their party is pushing in schools and everything else, so that is not drawn along party lines.
Basically, the elected officials do not know everything, and most times they think they do. But they are suppose to represent the people from their district and not vote just to follow the party.

But it would be nice to have a discussion on each and everyone of those subjects. Using an opened mind to discuss them using knowledge and keeping cause and effect in mind. All the steps and not right now thinking.

The only true way to deal with the gun crisis and abortion rights is to go to polls and vote in the candidates who are pro gun legislation and abortion rights. In the last week alone, there have been shootings at the University of Virginia Campus (where I have a granddaughter attending) in Charlottesville, Virginia, a LGBTQ Club in Colorado Springs, Nevada, and a Walmart in Chesapeake , Virginia.

Last edit: by senile1.

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 14 hours ago #3873604

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote: to clarify, I did exclude extremists.

But a lot of middle ground or over lap or differing in degrees rather than entirely, for many people, voters and candidates of of both sides
I dont think demonising one side as entirely bad/wrong and one side ( the one I support, of course) as entirely right is a very considered stance.

The reason why I put extremist elements in is because amongst Moderates,Left or Right, they will compromise for the good of the people. Extremist elements have agendas that are not in the best interest of the population as a whole. The job of those elected to office is to act in the best of the people, all the people.

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 5 days 11 hours ago #3873631

• Vegemite Kid
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 570
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, we seem in agreement senile.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 4 days 19 hours ago #3873939

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 195
  • Honor Medal 2010
Trump is not serious about running, hes old and can't do it anymore.

He will have lawyers busy for the rest of his life with civil and criminal matters.

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 4 days 14 hours ago #3873992

• grahamg
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 118
  • Honor Medal 2010

GerryM wrote:
Trump is not serious about running, hes old and can't do it anymore.

He will have lawyers busy for the rest of his life with civil and criminal matters.

I'd say its a mistake to assume he won't push things as far as he can, and if he does believe, with some justification, he can win the Republican nomination, then it could be shown more clearly than anything, how widespread the trouble goes, (far from limited to one man).

Trump announces 3rd presidential run despite mounting headwinds 4 days 14 hours ago #3873998

• Idlewild
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 32
Trump wants to become president so he can end the criminal investigations into his wrongdoings and so he can profit from the power that goes along with the presidency, but mainly to put a stop to the criminal investigations that could put him in prison. Any average Joe would be behind bars by now had they done what Trump has done, but because of his money, he's able to afford lawyers that know how to circumvent the law. That's what he's done his entire adult life. But that may be coming to an abrupt end.

Or not. Money is power in the U.S.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds