Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after.........

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 3 days 16 hours ago #3894188

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 324
  • Honor Medal 2010
If one swings, they all swing.

Level playing field isn't fair. Let the others swing but not ours, it's racist! Correct???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 3 days 16 hours ago #3894189

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 547
  • Honor Medal 2010
FBI executed a search warrant for Trump ’s Mar-a-Lago to retrieve documents. What was he trying to hide?

“All is ephemeral, both what remembers and what is remembered.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 3 days 12 hours ago #3894283

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 586
  • Honor Medal 2010
It has been pointed out that if President Biden or his staff had done nothing or just shredded or burned the documents they found there would be no story. Nobody knew the documents were there, nobody, especially NARA, was looking for them and they could have just vanished. But that's the difference that the right don't get, honesty and integrity, one has it the other doesn't.

Last edit: by KayyGee.

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 3 days 10 hours ago #3894315

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 259
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: It has been pointed out that if President Biden or his staff had done nothing or just shredded or burned the documents they found there would be no story. Nobody knew the documents were there, nobody, especially NARA, was looking for them and they could have just vanished. But that's the difference that the right don't get, honesty and integrity, one has it the other doesn't.

The previous president was too stupid to hide things well. Then once he had them, he made up reasons he should be able to keep them, even after told to turn them over. What an idiot.

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 2 days 13 hours ago #3894675

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 547
  • Honor Medal 2010
Pence said he knows nothing about it.

Classified documents discovered at Mike Pence’s home in Indiana
"...Pence hired an outside lawyer to search his home out of an abundance of caution..."
www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/classifi...4c1dab601ecf1d115431

“All is ephemeral, both what remembers and what is remembered.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 2 days 12 hours ago #3894694

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 586
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would be fairly confident that if you searched the home of any high level Government official or representative there would be a very high chance of finding material that was not meant to be outside the controlled environment of their place of work.

The big difference with the Trump matter is even when he was offered the chance to return material with no consequences he deliberately lied about having the material, tried to hide it and tried to block all efforts to retrieve it and return it to a safe storage location.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman, GerryM, senile1

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 1 day 22 hours ago #3894835

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
That is true in a way, every person in government know the the rules of handling classified documents and with at least a million people that have access to some kind of classified document, I guessing now, about 1/4 them, if not more have violated the handling of them.

if one swings, they all swing.

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 1 day 6 hours ago #3895054

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 726
  • Honor Medal 2010
no - courts understand degree and context.

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 22 hours 18 minutes ago #3895126

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Here is some information about handling government classified documents. This is not a baseless opinion, it's right here in the regulation, in which obviously people have never seen, much less read. It's very clear on what the standards are.

I have three CFR's in my position and a GED is not required to understand them.

CFR for Classified Documents

I've held a TOP SECRET NATO clearance and if I and the other I worked with got it wrong we would be reassigned to Fort Leavenworth.

Last edit: by Robin.

Court files show evidence Trump handled records marked classified after......... 21 hours 4 minutes ago #3895145

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 259
  • Honor Medal 2010
I worked with classified and T/S documents off and on for my entire Air Force career. Of course, you didn't want to handle classified materials careless, but no one would go to jail for one breach of protocol. If your supervisors told you that, it was wrong. The first time, you would be counselled and probably be retrained. Now, if you were to start taking that material home, you would be in prison. There are so many rules and regulations for classified it take a lawyer to explain all the myriad of rules. There are exceptions to many of the rules too.
Another point is the president, vice president, and staff are in a completely different category for classified material. Of course, there are experts on staff that try to maintain security.
There are degrees for every type of violations.
I think the main point is the previous president was not going to voluntarily return hundreds of pages of classified material. Wonders how many people he showed it to, just to brag.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vegemite Kid

Last edit: by GerryM.
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds