TOPIC: Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 2 months 1 hour ago #3811766

• GerryM
  • GerryM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 452
  • Honor Medal 2010

Shadowman wrote: Moral of the story, never take advice from a drunk. But then, Trump always did look for advisers that would tell him what he wanted to hear, not tell him the truth.

Trump Listened To A Drunk Rudy Giuliani Before Declaring Victory On Election Night

Donald Trump listened to drunken advice from Rudy Giuliani instead of his professional campaign advisers, a former Trump campaign adviser testified before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

Giuliani was “definitely intoxicated” on election night when he told campaign aides that Trump should falsely declare victory, former Trump adviser Jason Miller said in a video deposition the committee revealed on Monday.

“The mayor was definitely intoxicated but I do not know his level of intoxication when he spoke with the president,” Miller said in his video deposition in response to a question from committee staffers.

www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-202...507ee4b04a6173524270

Now of what the American public knows is the Rudy loves his drink, and when he drinks he talks. Sad a hero of 2011 has fallen so far, I wonder if dementia has set in or just the alcohol abuse.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 4 weeks ago #3812133

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 574
  • Honor Medal 2010
Bottom line, Trump incited an insurrection to overturn the will of the people, Trump, his supporters, in and out of the GOP, along with the criminals attempting the failed insurrection, are all guilty of treason against the United States of America, and should be punished accordingly.
The following user(s) said Well Said: GerryM

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 4 weeks ago #3812427

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Shadowman wrote: Another arrest just before the hearings started:

Ryan Kelley, a Republican candidate for governor in Michigan, was arrested Thursday morning and charged with participating in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

After the execution of a search warrant on his home in Allendale, Mich., Kelley was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor, according to U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia. The arrest comes hours before the committee investigating the events of Jan. 6 is set to hold its first public hearing.

www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-gop-governor...-role-155442007.html

A father and his two sons were just arrested in a small town in south of Seattle. I won't name the town because most cant pronounce it.
Nothing better then taking your two sons to Wash DC and then listening to a deranged speaker, mosey on down to the Capitol and break in, disrupt proceedings, and vandalize the building. The FBI is not done with arrests. All those that broke in do not rest easy yet. They and other law enforcement are still looking at the film. Don't brag too much while sitting with family or friends at the tavern about what you did.

www.q13fox.com/news/3-family-members-fro...ment-in-capitol-riot
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman

Last edit: by GerryM.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 4 weeks ago #3812593

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Wednesday hearing is postponed.

www.cnn.com/2022/06/14/politics/january-...y-hearing/index.html

After the hearing it will be posted on YouTube.

Very interesting to watch and listen to. I usually followed the previous president pretty closely; I didn't understand at what lengths he would go to maintain power and take away a fair and free election from tens of millions.

I am also very disappointed in some Republican officials that I didn't agree with were still at least honest enough to support the Select committee instead of hiding when asked. Damn they are good at deflecting a question.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 3 weeks ago #3814283

• Milkweed
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5
If you watched the hearings then you heard the capitol police officer describe it as a war zone and used words such as carnage.

www.npr.org/2021/03/19/977879589/yes-cap...cutors-say-they-used

Last edit: by Milkweed.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 3 weeks ago #3815277

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thurs morning there was another hearing for the Insurrection and attack on the Capitol.

www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/live-b...ve-updates-rcna32982

There were staunch Republicans testifying. They were all asked did you vote and want the previous president to win, they all said yes.. but they were not going to break their oath to the people and the rule of law. You will hear the previous president badger the officials over and over.

The committee had two election workers testify, just normal people that try to do good things by running the elections that were targeted by the big lie.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aviara, grahamg

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 2 weeks ago #3816042

• Aries1950
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 282
  • Honor Medal 2010
Man did I ever enjoy today's hearings. Six dishonest, lying, anti- America & anti--democracy Republicans asked for a pardon. As we were told today, you only ask for a pardon if you know that you committed a crime. Which is the very same reason that you take the 5th.

1. Mo Brooks (What a surprise!)
2. Matt Gaetz ( a slimey pervert as well)
3. Andy Biggs
4. Louie Gohmert (I'm surprised that Gomer knew what a pardon was)
5. Scott Perry
6. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Oh, I am really shocked about this one!). You just knew that the Georgia wack job, just had to be one of them.

Another sleaze ball Jim Jordan, asked about pardons, but didn't actually ask for one.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman, GerryM

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME, TAKE ME OUT TO THE CROWD.
Last edit: by Aries1950.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 2 weeks ago #3817631

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
USA TODAY
20 million people saw the prime-time Jan. 6 hearing. Here’s why Americans say they’re tuning in.
Rebecca Morin, USA TODAY - 7h ago

www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/20-milli...416481d972d9bedcb230
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Last edit: by senile1.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 2 weeks ago #3817637

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Notice Fox News, the mouth piece of American Fascism, did not air the hearings,calling it a "waste of time".Who knows, it very well may be a waste of time, the Fascist judges put in place by the traitor Trump will will more than likely follow the lead of the Fascist GOP and exonerate traitor Trump as they did during Trump's impeachment hearings.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 month 2 weeks ago #3817647

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
This weekend the previous president was whining that he wants equal time to give his side of the story. The Committee would relish the chance for the previous president to contact them and figure out a way to let him do just that. Interviews have been in person, on zoom, and he prob could come to be a witness.

However, we know he won't, first he would be under oath to tell the truth, we know he can't possibly go four questions without lying. His lawyers would never let him, they value their reputations and like his money to let him do it. What he could do i recommend anyone that was part of the coup attempt in Congress to testify on his behalf, but again we know he won't do that, and they would not participate. That was the problem from the beginning with the republicans decided to not participate.
It's in your court. Put up or shut up.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman, Keeper, Aida, June62, senile1

Moderators: mikeMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds