Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 2 days ago #3832461

  • grahamg
  • grahamg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1000
  • Well said received: 237
  • Points: 108234
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

GerryM wrote: If he was at the Capitol to help stop the transfer of power, he most certainly is a rioter...

He carried a gun. Luckily, he or a police officer were not shot.

Some little word games have no effect on most people.

Take a poll and ask if he's a rioter or just a tourist.


And he was at a riot with a weapon, the punishment he got, was not enough


How many years jail time would be more appropriate, (I'm not arguing with you btw)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 2 days ago #3832494

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 714
  • Well said received: 473
  • Points: 347922
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

Robin wrote:

GerryM wrote: If he was at the Capitol to help stop the transfer of power, he most certainly is a rioter...

He carried a gun. Luckily, he or a police officer were not shot.

Some little word games have no effect on most people.

Take a poll and ask if he's a rioter or just a tourist.


And he was at a riot with a weapon, the punishment he got, was not enough


How many years jail time would be more appropriate, (I'm not arguing with you btw)?


Punishments can include the following: Minimum sentence of five years to up to life in prison for possession of a gun during a crime. Minimum sentence of seven years to up to life in prison for brandishing a gun during a crime. Minimum sentence of 10 years to life in prison if the firearm is discharged during a crime.

15 to 20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 2 days ago #3832612

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 519
  • Well said received: 574
  • Points: 16233
  • Honor Medal 2010
Traitors attempt to overthrow a government and get such meager penalties, treason should be punishable by firing squad.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 2 days ago #3832649

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 714
  • Well said received: 473
  • Points: 347922
  • Honor Medal 2010
What traitors?
What government?
Agree, treason should be executed.
But the last time that happened was over 150 years ago.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 1 day ago #3832775

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 519
  • Well said received: 574
  • Points: 16233
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote: What traitors?
What government?
Agree, treason should be executed.
But the last time that happened was over 150 years ago.



Of course, the actions of Donald Trump, please do not feign ignorance.The last time it happened was Jan.6th, 2021, and I find the deniers as big a threat to the US as Donald Trump and the GOP.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 1 day ago #3832907

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 714
  • Well said received: 473
  • Points: 347922
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote:

Robin wrote: What traitors?
What government?
Agree, treason should be executed.
But the last time that happened was over 150 years ago.



Of course, the actions of Donald Trump, please do not feign ignorance.The last time it happened was Jan.6th, 2021, and I find the deniers as big a threat to the US as Donald Trump and the GOP.


And the only ones using the phrase "coup" and such are hard line socialist.
No one has been charge with trying to take over the government. Name any attempt, to take over a government that had less then 10% of armed people in a coup to take over a government?
The committee has not found anyone guilt of a coup. All the court cases, no one has been charged with treason or coup.
OMG.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 1 day ago #3832923

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 519
  • Well said received: 574
  • Points: 16233
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

senile1 wrote:

Robin wrote: What traitors?
What government?
Agree, treason should be executed.
But the last time that happened was over 150 years ago.



Of course, the actions of Donald Trump, please do not feign ignorance.The last time it happened was Jan.6th, 2021, and I find the deniers as big a threat to the US as Donald Trump and the GOP.


And the only ones using the phrase "coup" and such are hard line socialist.
No one has been charge with trying to take over the government. Name any attempt, to take over a government that had less then 10% of armed people in a coup to take over a government?
The committee has not found anyone guilt of a coup. All the court cases, no one has been charged with treason or coup.
OMG.




No, actually not, Moderates across the board, Planted Judges are just as responsible for the lack of decision and the light penalties these thugs are receiving.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 23 hours ago #3833059

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 714
  • Well said received: 473
  • Points: 347922
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote:

Robin wrote:

senile1 wrote:

Robin wrote: What traitors?
What government?
Agree, treason should be executed.
But the last time that happened was over 150 years ago.



Of course, the actions of Donald Trump, please do not feign ignorance.The last time it happened was Jan.6th, 2021, and I find the deniers as big a threat to the US as Donald Trump and the GOP.


And the only ones using the phrase "coup" and such are hard line socialist.
No one has been charge with trying to take over the government. Name any attempt, to take over a government that had less then 10% of armed people in a coup to take over a government?
The committee has not found anyone guilt of a coup. All the court cases, no one has been charged with treason or coup.
OMG.




No, actually not, Moderates across the board, Planted Judges are just as responsible for the lack of decision and the light penalties these thugs are receiving.


Now I agree with the term thugs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Jan 6, 2020, Insurrection Committee Hearings 1 week 16 hours ago #3833148

  • grahamg
  • grahamg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1000
  • Well said received: 237
  • Points: 108234
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

senile1 wrote:

Robin wrote:

senile1 wrote:

Robin wrote: What traitors?
What government?
Agree, treason should be executed.
But the last time that happened was over 150 years ago.



Of course, the actions of Donald Trump, please do not feign ignorance.The last time it happened was Jan.6th, 2021, and I find the deniers as big a threat to the US as Donald Trump and the GOP.


And the only ones using the phrase "coup" and such are hard line socialist.
No one has been charge with trying to take over the government. Name any attempt, to take over a government that had less then 10% of armed people in a coup to take over a government?
The committee has not found anyone guilt of a coup. All the court cases, no one has been charged with treason or coup.
OMG.




No, actually not, Moderates across the board, Planted Judges are just as responsible for the lack of decision and the light penalties these thugs are receiving.


Now I agree with the term thugs.


I've had another think and am going to say maybe your judges got their sentences about right, (if you try to consider all things as much as possible, and no doubt they work under "sentencing guidelines").

In seven years I'd suggest most folks would have time to assess whether or not they'd taken the right course of action on the day leading eventually to their incarceration, separation from their families, (some of whom have repudiated their actions from the look of it of course).

How much of the threat they'll be to democracy or anything else when they come out is another question, but you'd guess their lives will be monitored well enough from no on, and any misdemeanors might find them behind bars again.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: mikeMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.

Buzz50 uses cookies, by using the site, you agree to these cookies

Click the button below to hide this message: Learn more

I understand