Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Democracy at work in Texas.................

Democracy at work in Texas................. 2 weeks 12 hours ago #3661383

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 481
  • Well said received: 549
  • Points: 183740
  • Honor Medal 2010

GerryM wrote:

Robin wrote:

GerryM wrote: Cruz did it till he was shamed back, after the cold snap last winter.


He was not protesting anything.


Understand by the news this morning (in the back ground was not watching it) a few that went to Washington got covid.


Of course he wasn't protesting, he was just too thoughtless of his fellow Texans.


Not sure how other states work but one person in the US Senate does not stop Federal or state operations. Of course I will love to see proof other wise.
Patiently waiting for any information other wise.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Democracy at work in Texas................. 2 weeks 12 hours ago #3661388

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 481
  • Well said received: 549
  • Points: 183740
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote:

GerryM wrote:

Robin wrote:

GerryM wrote: Cruz did it till he was shamed back, after the cold snap last winter.


He was not protesting anything.


Understand by the news this morning (in the back ground was not watching it) a few that went to Washington got covid.


Of course he wasn't protesting, he was just too thoughtless of his fellow Texans.


Just like the vaccine, all the Texas politicians have had the jab, but they still advocate against it for their fellow Texans. Hypocrites one and all.


I would like any information on that, all Texas politicians have had a vaccine. Medical information in this state and country is confidential information and does not have to be provided if the person does not want to give it out.
So please, profile information on your L....

Would also like to see the information on the politicians that have been vaccinated and are against people getting the vaccine.

The information that I found does not follow that limited knowledge and I mean limited.

Knowledge is a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of someone or something, such as facts.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin
Last edit: by Robin.

Democracy at work in Texas................. 2 weeks 9 hours ago #3661454

  • KayyGee
  • KayyGee's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 410
  • Well said received: 785
  • Points: 575606
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

KayyGee wrote:

GerryM wrote:

Robin wrote:

GerryM wrote: Cruz did it till he was shamed back, after the cold snap last winter.


He was not protesting anything.


Understand by the news this morning (in the back ground was not watching it) a few that went to Washington got covid.


Of course he wasn't protesting, he was just too thoughtless of his fellow Texans.


Just like the vaccine, all the Texas politicians have had the jab, but they still advocate against it for their fellow Texans. Hypocrites one and all.


I would like any information on that, all Texas politicians have had a vaccine. Medical information in this state and country is confidential information and does not have to be provided if the person does not want to give it out.
So please, profile information on your L....

Would also like to see the information on the politicians that have been vaccinated and are against people getting the vaccine.

The information that I found does not follow that limited knowledge and I mean limited.

Knowledge is a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of someone or something, such as facts.


It's not difficult to find enough information to aggregate it into the necessary piece of Intelligence that politicians in Texas have all had the jab, if you have he interest in doing so. A few morsels, we know from numerous reports that all Federal politicians have had the jab, including Cruz, it's a requirement for attendance in the House and Senate chambers. And in April Texas lifted its mask requirement for reps on the floor of the Capitol. Greg Abbot had his jab live on TV and indicated clearly all his members would be following suit in order to, at first, encourage the rest of his fellow Texans to also get the jab, he then back tracked on the strong vaccine message and has fallen into line with other Republicans in downplaying the importance of the vaccine.

This is another source: Democrats Flee State

You just need to read the small print under the photo. By my count there are 80 odd Democrat State representatives, if at least 50 of those who fled the State have had the jab it's a good bet they all have, and as said as they are mingling with their Republican colleagues it's a better bet that all State representatives have had the jab.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Democracy at work in Texas................. 2 weeks 39 minutes ago #3661650

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 481
  • Well said received: 549
  • Points: 183740
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote:

Robin wrote:

KayyGee wrote:

GerryM wrote:

Robin wrote:

GerryM wrote: Cruz did it till he was shamed back, after the cold snap last winter.


He was not protesting anything.


Understand by the news this morning (in the back ground was not watching it) a few that went to Washington got covid.


Of course he wasn't protesting, he was just too thoughtless of his fellow Texans.


Just like the vaccine, all the Texas politicians have had the jab, but they still advocate against it for their fellow Texans. Hypocrites one and all.


I would like any information on that, all Texas politicians have had a vaccine. Medical information in this state and country is confidential information and does not have to be provided if the person does not want to give it out.
So please, profile information on your L....

Would also like to see the information on the politicians that have been vaccinated and are against people getting the vaccine.

The information that I found does not follow that limited knowledge and I mean limited.

Knowledge is a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of someone or something, such as facts.


It's not difficult to find enough information to aggregate it into the necessary piece of Intelligence that politicians in Texas have all had the jab, if you have he interest in doing so. A few morsels, we know from numerous reports that all Federal politicians have had the jab, including Cruz, it's a requirement for attendance in the House and Senate chambers. And in April Texas lifted its mask requirement for reps on the floor of the Capitol. Greg Abbot had his jab live on TV and indicated clearly all his members would be following suit in order to, at first, encourage the rest of his fellow Texans to also get the jab, he then back tracked on the strong vaccine message and has fallen into line with other Republicans in downplaying the importance of the vaccine.

This is another source: Democrats Flee State

You just need to read the small print under the photo. By my count there are 80 odd Democrat State representatives, if at least 50 of those who fled the State have had the jab it's a good bet they all have, and as said as they are mingling with their Republican colleagues it's a better bet that all State representatives have had the jab.


Here is a clip of an article from a Texas TV station. Yes, that is correct, from Texas.

Yet while public health officials continue to urge Texans to get vaccinated against COVID-19, it’s unclear how many of the state’s elected officials have opted for the shot.

I like this one from a Democrat from Texas.

“That is the beauty of being vaccinated,” said another state representative, Gene Wu (D). “Every single person who has tested positive so far have little to no symptoms, which is the point of the vaccine. If nothing else, we want this to be a reminder to all Americans: get your stupid shot now.”
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Democracy at work in Texas................. 1 week 6 days ago #3661905

  • garrylawson3073
  • garrylawson3073's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Posts: 23
  • Well said received: 17
  • Points: 64846
  • Honor Medal 2010
thinks the headline should read democrats not at work in Texas , they went to the federal capital to belly ache more like it , you work for texas but you head for the capitol , strange , not paid to represent the people who voted them in and took the vovid with them ..lol
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Democracy at work in Texas................. 1 week 6 days ago #3661909

  • KayyGee
  • KayyGee's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 410
  • Well said received: 785
  • Points: 575606
  • Honor Medal 2010

garrylawson3073 wrote: thinks the headline should read democrats not at work in Texas , they went to the federal capital to belly ache more like it , you work for texas but you head for the capitol , strange , not paid to represent the people who voted them in and took the vovid with them ..lol


No they exercised their Constitutional right to deny the Republicans a quorum and prevent passage of a discriminatory bill that would have denied the right to vote to hundreds of thousands of Texans. In addition, while in Washington (D.C) they are lobbying on behalf of their constituents for Federal legislation to be passed to ensure fair and balanced election law for everyone in all States, including Texas.

So, in fact, the headline/topic banner is correct, this is an example of Democracy at work in Texas.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman, senile1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KayyGee.

Democracy at work in Texas................. 1 week 5 days ago #3662312

  • Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 6049
  • Well said received: 10898
  • Points: 392825
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Democrats left Texas with one case of Miller lite beer and came back with
six cases of covid 19 ... terrible exchange.

Joe Biden is also calling for a federal takeover of elections and is promising to use his Department of Justice to go after the states. Now, keep in mind, that while the president spews that kind of rhetoric, liberal fact-checkers have found these Republican bills actually expand voting hours.

But those facts don't matter to liberals in Texas. A group of showboating Democrats just skipping town in order to block Republicans there from passing these new voting bills. They are fashioning themselves as political martyrs, who of course fled to Washington, D.C. on a pair of private jets without face masks and a case of beer. And while these Democrats soak up attention, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is promising to arrest them when they return.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

Democracy at work in Texas................. 1 week 5 days ago #3662391

  • KayyGee
  • KayyGee's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 410
  • Well said received: 785
  • Points: 575606
  • Honor Medal 2010
Having additional time to vote is of absolutely no use if voters have otherwise been prevented from showing up or they have to wait in the open for hours to exercise their rights. Having to wait 7 hours to vote, while admirable in of its self, is not what you'd expect from a true democracy, that's something designed to discourage those who have a life they need to attend to as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Democracy at work in Texas................. 1 week 5 days ago #3662393

  • Shadowman
  • Shadowman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 288
  • Well said received: 542
  • Points: 53263
  • Honor Medal 2010
The bills the republicans in Texas have structured have numerous provisions, some aimed at rural areas, some at urban areas, some at minorities, but all in the end, designed to increase the likelihood of republicans retaining control. The republicans know if citizens are encouraged to vote and given the opportunity, their tenor would be limited.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

“Blessed is he who plants trees under whose shade he will never sit.” Unknown

Democracy at work in Texas................. 1 week 5 days ago #3662417

  • Vegemite Kid
  • Vegemite Kid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1234
  • Well said received: 2575
  • Points: 236029
  • Honor Medal 2010
Any voter provisions that make it more likely people who vote for you will vote and others will not - is clearly voter suppression or manipulation.
Clearly not true democracy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Vegemite Kid. Reason: added words
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.