Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 6 days 4 minutes ago #3616336

• Robin
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 637
  • Honor Medal 2010

GerryM wrote:

Robin wrote:

Shadowman wrote: Washington state allows anyone to vote by mail. No inconvenience. www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/wa_vbm.pdf

But it doesn't let them take time of work if the didn't get their vote in.
I would have to check farther to see the requirements in Georgia but I think it is in the pervious like that they can.

There is no need for someone to take time off to vote. We have mail in voting for everyone. Now if you feel you JUST have to vote in person you can go to a city office and vote. I don't think many do. I have not seen the numbers, but I know its mentioned. There are also ways for the handicapped, those that don't speak English, and many other ways. Why would a state make it harder to vote for any reason. Taxpayers pay for tax offices. Why would there be one drop off point for each county? It just is not logical. The real problem for the Republican led states is that they tipped there hand so many times. People just aren't fooled any more.

They can put the ballot in any mail box.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 5 days 6 hours ago #3616767

• altshovel
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1799
  • Honor Medal 2010
What Georgia's new voting law really does — 9 facts

A little more to it than just dropping your ballot in a mailbox.
The effect of the new law on Georgia's 7.4 million voters will be mixed: it contains new restrictions on absentee voting, while at the same time expanding early voting opportunities. The law also formalizes provisions that were put in place to accommodate voters during the coronavirus pandemic and changes the composition of the state election board, which is charged with conducting all of Georgia's elections.

The law does make significant changes to the way the state will run elections moving forward. It expands early voting access for some Georgia voters, adds an ID requirement for absentee voting, codifies the use of drop boxes with strict rules on how they can be used and sets new rules for state and local election officials.

We have drop boxes in libraries and post offices. We have provisional ballots if you end up at the wrong precinct. You don't need an ID to vote, your name is on the registry. All these things are gone in Georgia.

The five-person state election board will no longer be chaired by the secretary of state, who now becomes a "non voting ex officio member." GOP Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has been at the center of attacks by fellow Republicans for pushing back against attacks from former President Trump.

The chair and board members will be elected by the General Assembly, giving more power to the Republican-controlled state legislature. But no members of the board may serve simultaneously in the state legislature. And while elected by the legislature, the chair is supposed to be non-partisan. The new law prohibits the chair from actively participating in a political party or organization, donating to a political campaign, or running for public office during his or her service and in the two years preceding the term as chair.

Sounds like if a Trump calls the voting officials he will have some friends!

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 5 days 3 hours ago #3616808

• RunsWithBeer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 109
  • Honor Medal 2010
Amazing that the President of the United States can promote economic sanctions on the state of Georgia for sponsoring secured voting rights and at the same time lift sanctions on a foreign country that sponsors terrorism.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Robin

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 21 hours ago #3616955

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1089
  • Honor Medal 2010
Plenty of precedent from the previous guy of threatening to withhold funds and impose sanctions. Endless examples:

Trump threatens funding to Democratic-led cities over unrest - www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/politics/white-ho...es-cities/index.html

Attorney General William P. Barr on Monday escalated the Trump administration’s attacks on Democratic-led cities by threatening to withhold federal funding from New York, Seattle and Portland, Ore., over their responses to protests against police brutality, - www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/politics/t...eattle-portland.html

Trump’s Narcissistic Punishment Of Withholding Michigan Aid - www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/202...aid/?sh=7e4100505157

"I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you." Nietzsche

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 20 hours ago #3616976

• Robin
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Shadowman wrote: Plenty of precedent from the previous guy of threatening to withhold funds and impose sanctions. Endless examples:

Trump threatens funding to Democratic-led cities over unrest - www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/politics/white-ho...es-cities/index.html

Attorney General William P. Barr on Monday escalated the Trump administration’s attacks on Democratic-led cities by threatening to withhold federal funding from New York, Seattle and Portland, Ore., over their responses to protests against police brutality, - www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/politics/t...eattle-portland.html

Trump’s Narcissistic Punishment Of Withholding Michigan Aid - www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/202...aid/?sh=7e4100505157

The first two articles explain it in the first paragraph and the third is just making general statements, referencing nothing about what the the article is about, just a getting air time.

The first two was about, it you don't stop the riots and they continue to destroy property, you pay for your own self inflected wounds.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Robin

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 18 hours ago #3617031

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1089
  • Honor Medal 2010
They and a hundred others make it clear that the previous president did exactly the things his followers are trying to blame on President Biden. Hopefully, you are not violating his ban on the use of Good Year tires:
www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-urges-goodyear-boycott/

"I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you." Nietzsche

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 17 hours ago #3617037

• Robin
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
American airlines and Delta airlines CEO are saying picture I'd to vote is wrong. Here is an example two fools thinking to vote for the most powerful person in the US you don't need ID but try to get on one of their planes without an ID and watch what happens.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Robin

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 13 hours ago #3617136

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10334
  • Honor Medal 2010
Simple fact. Democrats do not believe in the sanctity of a voting ballot.

Without ID, maybe there will be more votes for the Democrats. This is what
it is all about, power.... period.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 13 hours ago #3617146

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote: American airlines and Delta airlines CEO are saying picture I'd to vote is wrong. Here is an example two fools thinking to vote for the most powerful person in the US you don't need ID but try to get on one of their planes without an ID and watch what happens.

A hyperbole of insanity, corruption, and hypocrisy - to think that corporations are
not ruling on how the American people could vote and who they can vote for.

"money buys everything,

Yesterday, Major League Baseball told Georgia, All Star game cancelled there 4 days 11 hours ago #3617233

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:

Robin wrote: American airlines and Delta airlines CEO are saying picture I'd to vote is wrong. Here is an example two fools thinking to vote for the most powerful person in the US you don't need ID but try to get on one of their planes without an ID and watch what happens.

A hyperbole of insanity, corruption, and hypocrisy - to think that corporations are
not ruling on how the American people could vote and who they can vote for.

oops meant.. A hyperbole of insanity, corruption, and hypocrisy - to think that corporations are
now ruling on how the American people could vote and who they can vote for.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

"money buys everything,
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds