leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 21 hours ago #3504032

• Annette
  • Annette's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 725
  • Honor Medal 2010
Where is this world heading?

We all know mr. Putin and some other dioctators dont seen to care about elections.
They manipulate the elections to fit their wishes.

Now, in this day and age, even a president from a democratic country decided he might give it a try too.
Probably mr. Putin gave him the tip, it worked for him.

How can people in the ´free´ world support a person who wants to throw eveything a democracy stands for out of the window?

"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the xxx. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote?"

This person foreshadows that he could refuse to accept the results of the 2020 election if he loses, for he is not a good loser.
has said that he may not accept the results of the forthcoming presidential election, setting the stage for an epic showdown in November.

In a wild and contentious interview, aired on Sunday, the man said he was "not a good loser" and was fully prepared to challenge the results, if he loses to the other candidate.
He also claimed that mail-in voting, which the other party have pushed as a response to the coronavirus pandemic, “is going to rig the election.”
Asked if this means that he will not accept the election results, he said: “I have to see. Look, you—I have to see,” he said. “No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no.”

Is this what a democracy can turn into when the voters lets it happen?

Will people give up the freedom they have willingly, a freedom millions of people would kill for?

Like this persons good friend mr. Putin manipulates his elections to fit his purpose, will he do the same?
Mr. Putin is the president of Russia since 2012, previously holding the position from 1999 until 2008. He was also the Prime Minister of Russia from 1999 to 2000 and again from 2008 to 2012.
Under Putin's leadership, Russia has experienced democratic backsliding.
Experts do not generally consider Russia to be a democracy, persecution of political opponents, curtailed press freedom, and the lack of free and fair elections.

And that is the problem, because this ´free´ countries president tries to
- persecute political opponents (with lies and conspiracy theories about the opponents and/or their relatives),
- take action against social nmedia and the press after fact-checking his statement about the legality of mail-in voting, and other dubious statements. The man has mischaracterized the fact checking of a federal official as censorship and threatened to prevent any private platform from taking similar actions. He plans to sign an executive order punishing social-media companies that fact check his online posts. (curtailing of the free press?)
- even the consideration of postponing elections and statements about not willing to give up his job even when the elections would go against him
Under this man a true follower of him removed 234,000 voters from the statewide rolls in one of the states. This was felt to be intentionally targeting voters living in the cities and college towns, which all exhibit the opponents voting strengt.(free and fair elections?)

How come people dont accept the same behaviour in other countries, while they accept the same happening in their own?

How can people give up their freedom so easily?
LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 20 hours ago #3504042

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1633
  • Honor Medal 2010
It's the USA Annette. What's the saying Only in the USA. Trump is so blind he tries this corruption and thinks the people are going to buy it, he has lost many people who voted him in after witnessing his tenure are holding their hands up and saying yeh ok we screwed up and more have seen his tenure who didn't vote for him originally and now would rather sever their fingers off than vote for him, and by trying this stunt he is going to antagonise a lot more people who will turn against him.
How long before the chaps in white jackets jump out of a van with a nice padded jacket and take him away for some medication and some crotchet practice.
LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, GerryM

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 19 hours ago #3504066

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3326
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wouldn’t get aeriated about it - it’s only a ranting tweet that has no power.

Saying you want something to happen and having the power to make something happen are two different things.
Trump does not have the power to change the date of the election and he does not have the power to force the States to bow to his wishes about mail-in ballots.

It’s common knowledge that losing is something Trump finds difficult to accept - if Trump doesn’t win, he’ll never accept losing the election with good grace, so I don’t know why anyone would be shocked or surprised by his latest tweets. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is just laying the groundwork now to either give him an excuse to contest the result or he is setting up a “face saving” excuse in the event of him losing - instead of acknowledging he lost, he will likely remind everyone that he “predicted” there would be voter fraud by democrats and “foreign interfence” in a collusion to oust him because they are scared of his amazing talents, insight and success in making America Great Again and his opponents knew that he was the most popular and successful President the US had ever had and the “lame Dem candidate” would never have been able to beat him without rigging the vote with fake mail-in ballots.
I can almost hear him reeling out his losing rants.

However, if he wins the Election, I don’t suppose you’ll hear another peep out of him about mail-in votes, voter fraud, rigged elections or foreign interference! :laugh:
Step by step, one goes a long way.
The following user(s) said Well Said: DaveA

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 17 hours ago #3504100

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1826
  • Honor Medal 2010
Very interesting that he is calling for election delay though - does anyone really believe it is because of Covid risk???? :S
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 16 hours ago #3504110

• KayyGee
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1001
  • Honor Medal 2010
Trumps not calling for a delay directly because of Covid-19, instead he is suggesting that the increase in mail in votes that the States are intending to implement, because of Covid-19, will mean there will be enormous amounts of fraudulent votes, though no evidence exists for anything remotely approaching the levels he is forecasting.

It's also been revealed that his latest crony appointment, to head up the Postal Service, is deliberately disrupting the internal workings of the Post Office such that they may not be able to process all the mail in ballots withing the allowed time-frame.

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 14 hours ago #3504171

• Annette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I avoided naming some people to make sure the post is read the way it was meant..."How can people give up their freedom like this?"
It concerns people of every country, the world is not all about a certain person in the US.

What is happening right now in a certain country is not new, it happened in a lot of countries before.
A person, once elected, not willing to give up the power.
We´ve seen it here in Europe more than once, and it never brought any good to the people.
It did lead to civil wars, world war, revolution.

It is not so long ago in Poland...the conservative candidate won, but it still remains a question of how he did it.
After all, the first election it didnt make that much difference between him and his more modern opposer.

"The election was originally scheduled for 10 May 2020, which caused extreme political controversy related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many candidates, constitutionalists and even politicians from the ruling coalition criticized the government's plan of holding the election as originally scheduled during the pandemic. As a compromise, the Agreement political party proposed lengthening the president's term by two years, which was supported by the Minister of Health, Łukasz Szumowski.This was rejected by the opposition. The main opposition party, Civic Platform, wanted the election to be held in May 2021. The ruling, conservative party Law and Justice, also wished to change the electoral rules and to organize the election by postal voting only. Changing election rules less than six months prior to voting was ruled to be unconstitutional by the Constitutional Tribunal in 2011. Voting only by post is considered unconstitutional by some including Polish Supreme Court in a non binding opinion."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Polish_presidential_election

It can be seen in Israel too...
LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: moderation references removed as per rules.

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 7 hours ago #3504308

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1826
  • Honor Medal 2010

It's also been revealed that his latest crony appointment, to head up the Postal Service, is deliberately disrupting the internal workings of the Post Office such that they may not be able to process all the mail in ballots withing the allowed time-frame.

and he is complaining about corruption and fraud by other people????? :S

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 5 hours ago #3504338

• Shadowman
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 300
  • Honor Medal 2010
Like most of Trump's appointments, Luis Dejoy who Trump appointed to head the Postal Service is a devoted sycophant who has just this year given vast amounts of money to both Trump and the Republican party. And Dejoy is heavily invested in competitors of the Postal Service Here’s how the Trump administration is actively trying to sabotage the Postal Service www.rawstory.com/2020/07/heres-how-the-t...-the-postal-service/
"I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you." Nietzsche

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 2 days 5 hours ago #3504339

• Shadowman
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 300
  • Honor Medal 2010
As for delaying the election, only congress could do so. And even if delayed, Trump's term would still expire by 20 January 2021 leaving the speaker of the house to fill in, and there is a chance that Nancy Pelosi may still be the speaker if democrats retain the house and she is again chosen as leader. Would not that be interesting.
"I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you." Nietzsche
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira, Right Now

leaders postponing/manipulating elections 1 day 19 hours ago #3504528

• Annette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
This topic is NOT about trump!
It is supposed to be in ´Serious´. It concerns the whole world.

Not everything is about trump...
LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Last edit: by Annette.
  • Page:
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds