Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans?

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 month 1 week ago #3409549

• Corvette
  • Corvette's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 745
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am wondering if the Democrats are getting pressure from their voters . There has to be a good reason
because nobody would do that unless they think they may loose their job.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 month 1 week ago #3409569

• Mykle
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1340
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: I am wondering if the Democrats are getting pressure from their voters . There has to be a good reason

I did wonder , I thought the battle should be against trump , they are just playing into his hands

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 month 1 week ago #3409705

• eleramune
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1376
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: I am wondering if the Democrats are getting pressure from their voters . There has to be a good reason

Who are you referring to?

The only Democrat that switched party is Van Drew but that is kind of an old news, I didn't hear anything about it lately.
So, can you give me some names? Thanks.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mary Mary, hcf3sf

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 week 4 days ago #3428333

• Classic_48
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 33
  • Honor Medal 2010
Democrats that switched to Republican may be trying to protect their jobs.

I seem to recall reading that the two(?) that switched were in districts that went heavily Republican (Trump if you wish) in the last election.

Truth is not a popularity contest.

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 week 4 days ago #3428674

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1848
  • Honor Medal 2010
Well, from my POV some Democrats are Democrats in name only.

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 2 days 13 hours ago #3434608

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3698
  • Honor Medal 2010
I personally know 1 democrat that I know of personally we fish and shoot alot he is the only 1 in our group that is one and for the most part stays quiet about it, very pro outdoor, huge gun collection, shoots with us, has LTC permit and loves to fish. We all know his choice and respect it as he does not push it we treat him the same in return. A great friend.

He did say he voted for Trump as no way another Clinton in office.

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 2 days 5 hours ago #3434986

• GerryM
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 238
  • Honor Medal 2010
Republicans used to be fiscal conservatives. Well when trump took office that went out the door. Trillions of debt don't bother them at all now.
I would be willing to bet that all changes when the Democrats takes the White House.

you just have to ask yourself your hire or work with someone that lies continually? I was in the military and a liar was the lowest type of person.
I don't know a single Democrat that would or did vote for the trump.

more then half the nation didn't vote for him either.
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 2 days 4 hours ago #3434997

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9682
  • Honor Medal 2010
Gerry I guess I am being a bit nit picky - but in fact more than 3/4 of the nation did not vote for him.

Since only half of eligible voters even voted and less than 1/2 of those voted for Trump. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 day 3 hours ago #3435772

• GerryM
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 238
  • Honor Medal 2010
I found one post amusing. One of his friends is Democrat, and still fishes, has guns, concealed weapons license, and is a great guy. one of the guys.
Being a Democrat is not come with a set of rules, but an outlook to make government work for the working person. Allow all citizens have access to affordable healthcare, stand up for women, handicap, and marginal persons.
The basic premise to protect citizens and to make taxes fair to all.
Your friend the democrat is human too, he can fish, hunt, spit, drink beer, conceal weapons just like you.
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel, Vegemite Kid

Why are some the Democrats in the house becoming Republicans? 1 day 3 hours ago #3435782

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1848
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: I personally know 1 democrat that I know of personally we fish and shoot alot he is the only 1 in our group that is one and for the most part stays quiet about it, very pro outdoor, huge gun collection, shoots with us, has LTC permit and loves to fish. We all know his choice and respect it as he does not push it we treat him the same in return. A great friend.

He did say he voted for Trump as no way another Clinton in office.

Boy, as much as I don't like Clinton I voted for her. I knew Trump was going to be a train wreck, I knew he was a bad person way before he became president. Mainly because I was in construction management, he was the prime example of a sleaze-bag developer and I knew a few here in CA.
As far as Democrats becoming Republicans, that started with Nixon and the Southern Strategy. I assume Democrats who become Republicans were DINOs anyhow, and I'd think that many of their districts were either places where people were MOR suburbanites or where manufacturing was off-shored, like steel or cars.

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”
  • Page:
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds