TOPIC: Immigration enforcement authorities raids

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 1 week 4 hours ago #3294209

• Annette
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4120
  • Honor Medal 2010
´Ladyliberty´ nice name.

And yet absolut ignorant of what is written on the marvellous statue of that name:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

She would be ashamed if she would be alive.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rips, eleramune

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 19 hours ago #3294570

• eleramune
  • eleramune's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1325
  • Honor Medal 2010

Annette wrote: ´Ladyliberty´ nice name.

And yet absolut ignorant of what is written on the marvellous statue of that name:

The Trump administration finally admitted what we have known all along: they think the statue of liberty only applies to white people.

Cuccinelli, the director of the Citizenship and Immigration Services, said "The statue of liberty poem was about people coming from Europe".
He also made a statement about his Italian heritage and his ancestors coming here, he forgot to mention how Italians and Irish people were treated back them...

These morons amend a poet's words to suit their biased views!

We still can't be in denial about this administration and the fascist rhetoric they are spreading around.

Supporting Trump and this republican party, is supporting racism, bigotry, greed and corruption.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Rips

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 18 hours ago #3294596

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11852
  • Honor Medal 2010

eleramune wrote:

The Trump administration finally admitted what we have known all along: they think the statue of liberty only applies to white people.

Cuccinelli, the director of the Citizenship and Immigration Services, said "The statue of liberty poem was about people coming from Europe".
He also made a statement about his Italian heritage and his ancestors coming here, he forgot to mention how Italians and Irish people were treated back them...

We still can't be in denial about this administration and the fascist rhetoric they are spreading around.

Supporting Trump and this republican party, is supporting racism, bigotry, greed and corruption.

That's a blatant lie - You're judging a whole group of people and that is the game Liberals play - Do you not see the irony (hypocrisy) in the statement: I don't tolerate intolerant people
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 18 hours ago #3294603

• Robin
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1186
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:
That's a blatant lie - You're judging a whole group of people and that is the game Liberals play - Do you not see the irony (hypocrisy) in the statement: I don't tolerate intolerant people

I stopped paying attention to the leftist because they get stories in their minds and think they are real. The only part that is close to being correct are the cut and past. We all know Obama was doing it too but I some minds, it's just Trump administration doing it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 18 hours ago #3294610

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

Serena77 wrote:

I stopped paying attention to the leftist because they get stories in their minds and think they are real. The only part that is close to being correct are the cut and past. We all know Obama was doing it too but I some minds, it's just Trump administration doing it.

Again it's the TDS - all it is - they're still out of their minds cos Trump won - perhaps some therapy dogs, blankies and coloring books will assuage their neurosis.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jennet, Jane R, Robin

"money buys everything,
Last edit: by Serena77.

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 18 hours ago #3294639

• eleramune
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:

eleramune wrote:

Unfortunately it isn't a game, it's true.
The news has been reported on so many US and European sites...even on Fox News.

From Fox --- WASHINGTON — A top Trump administration official said Tuesday that the famous inscription on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants into the country is about “people coming from Europe” and that America is looking to receive migrants “who can stand on their own two feet.”

The comments from Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, came a day after the Trump administration announced it would seek to deny green cards to migrants who seek Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance. The move — and Cuccinelli’s defense — promoted an outcry from Democrats and immigration advocates who said the policy would favor wealthier immigrants and disadvantage those from poorer countries in Latin America and Africa. ---
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 18 hours ago #3294642

• eleramune
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

Serena77 wrote:

Robin, is Obama the president now? NO
Were you critical of Obama when "he was doing the same thing"? Most probably YES
Are you critical now that Trump is doing this? NO, you don't even "pay attention".

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 18 hours ago #3294646

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
How can you say that when there are Approximately 5,500 people show up every day in districts organized along our southern U.S. border. The "refugees" arrive exhausted and ragged from walking hundreds of miles. Among them are large numbers of children, many of whom are unaccompanied by a caring adult. Last year, 382,000 aliens were apprehended for illegally crossing into this country and almost 100,000 of them were minors. Some of the kids have been abused along the way. Many of them carry lice, scabies or other diseases. Some of the women have been raped. More than 70 people of all ages are sent to local hospitals daily along the southern border. Doctors and medical staff are overwhelmed by their patient load. Remember that word, "overwhelmed." It describes every aspect of the effort to deal with the situation there.

"money buys everything,

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 16 hours ago #3294686

• eleramune
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote: How can you say that when there are Approximately 5,500 people show up every day in districts organized along our southern U.S. border. The "refugees" arrive exhausted and ragged from walking hundreds of miles. Among them are large numbers of children, many of whom are unaccompanied by a caring adult. Last year, 382,000 aliens were apprehended for illegally crossing into this country and almost 100,000 of them were minors. Some of the kids have been abused along the way. Many of them carry lice, scabies or other diseases. Some of the women have been raped. More than 70 people of all ages are sent to local hospitals daily along the southern border. Doctors and medical staff are overwhelmed by their patient load. Remember that word, "overwhelmed." It describes every aspect of the effort to deal with the situation there.

Great you wrote that.
Is it too hard understand that for those people there won't be an "American Dream"?

The new immigration law states this clearly.

--- The Trump administration's latest change to federal immigration policy is expected to stop more immigrants from legally settling in the U.S. The new protocol formally rolls out Wednesday.

Immigration authorities will assess whether an immigrant might qualify for public assistance programs in the future. The administration has expanded the definition of those public benefit programs to include Medicaid and food stamps.

Officials with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services evaluate applicants based on a "totality of circumstances," weighing factors like age, health and employment history.

The rule applies to people looking to come into the U.S. legally, as well as people who have already entered the country legally but are applying to become permanent residents.

The announced change rattled immigrant communities and could impact U.S. citizen children if parents decide not to use public services out of fear their green card application will be denied.

With the addition of food stamps as a disqualifying factor on applications, advocates worry about disadvantaged immigrants not having access to basic food. ---

So at the end, Cuccinelli was honest in saying that the quote on the Statue of Liberty applies to European immigrants and not Latinos.

Immigration enforcement authorities raids 6 days 13 hours ago #3294766

• Jennet
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1678
  • Honor Medal 2010

eleramune wrote: If you can't come up if some facts that confirm what you write, your "Fact checker does not uphold this" doesn't have any validity since it doesn't disproof anything.

And you can’t come up with any facts to prove what you have written about having Hispanics and whites being made to go to different sides of the room. I’ll wait.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R

Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds