Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interested in people thoughts on pet insurance in UK

Interested in people thoughts on pet insurance in UK 3 weeks 2 days ago #3741594

• Wolf44
  • Wolf44's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Well said received: 177
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Wolf44 wrote: Straight to the point..I've heard bad reports on one or two Pet Insurance's and of course any feedback is appreciated as never had one before. I know a EX girlfriend had one for her dog and the company would not honour the veterinary bills, even though the vets were the one that organised it. I think the vets phoned the insurance and sorted it as a one time more but would do no more, sadly the dog suffered in pain and was put down.
But I'm looking for are cat although in good condition you have to look further down the road as he gets older. So advice would be helpful and what kind of monthly payment we looking for or yearly.

I can only speak for myself, I know many people adopt the attitude, pet insurance is a waste of money,because you may never need it,
With my last cat, I honestly couldn’t thank the insurance company enough,
I would never be without pet insurance, when a pet is young,they may not need the pet insurance,but like humans,pets age, it’s when they start going into the mature years,health problems can develop,
Be careful with pet insurance,some companies only allow so many claims each year,
The company I am with, is unlimited claims each year,
Also,if your pet already has an existing health condition,you are unable to claim for this condition.
A lot depends upon how much you can afford to pay for pet insurance,
I have never ever had any problems with the pet insurance I am with,
Shop around and see what is best for you and your cat, owing a pet can be very expensive, vet fees, food, microchip,neutered, vaccinations, worm and flea treatment, etc, this is something owners have to be prepared for.
Good Luck

JUJO luckily are cats in great health but I'm thinking as he is eight now maybe it's time to look into pet insurance. I'm looking for a monthly deal and he has had all his vaccinations every year by the vets. He eats well with no problem and he is lively and playful. He has been chipped and neutered and wheres a collar with his name and postcode on..
But like you say they get older as we do and this is why I ask.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Interested in people thoughts on pet insurance in UK 3 weeks 2 days ago #3741595

• Wolf44
  • Wolf44's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Well said received: 177
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rips wrote: Because of my dogs age he will be 8 this year with a grass pollen allergy the insurance companies wouldn’t insure him.
However the vets runs their own insurance for £15 a month there’s free appointments and a percentage off
all medication it’s brilliant.[/quote

Maybe we'll asking are vets about cat insurance and see if they do there own.

Interested in people thoughts on pet insurance in UK 3 weeks 2 days ago #3741777

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1558
  • Honor Medal 2010
Wolf44,
Phone your vet and make an appointment, talk to them about your concerns about pet insurance
Good Luck

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds