Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Do animals feel emotions?

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 6 days ago #3289932

• JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2489
My cat,who has since passed away, he would fall asleep on the sofa, go into a deep sleep,must have been dreaming, then all of a sudden,he would wake up,really confused,jump on my knees,cuddle up,back to sleep.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, Rhett1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 6 days ago #3290070

• hcf3sf
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 701
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would think that anyone who has had a pet and some common sense would realize that animals feel emotions. Studies have shown that elephants, whales, dolphins, apes, and others feel emotions.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, JUJO

Blessings,
Harry

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 6 days ago #3290258

• Justin Time
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 311
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think it depends what one means by 'animals' and 'emotions'. I doubt if a worm can feel love, and I wonder if a dog can feel love for another dog as we do for each other. We can't know what higher mammals actually feel, but they surely appear to experience anxiety, loneliness, anger and happiness. And there's a lot of evidence that they experience jealousy too. Death elicits a mournful response, but is it grief as we know it? We must be careful not to anthropomorphise.

So, do animals feel emotion? Yes. And no.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare

Last edit: by Justin Time.

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290595

• Dan Dare
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2391
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'm guilty of anthropomorphising my Chihuahua. He has 4 jumpers, 3 jackets and a Christmas costume. He's also very human in that every morning when I ask him to put the kettle on he totally ignores me.
Only joking.
There's probably a positive correlation between an animal's IQ and it's EQ. Emotional quotient.
Hence I 'd be surprised if a worm felt love, yet I believe it to be true for intelligent animal's like dogs, cat's, budgies, parrots, whales, elephants, apes, monkeys, horses, dolphins,....
They no doubt have their own types of love, to varying degrees too.
Pets, especially dogs, have learnt our ways, body language, words, tones, facial expressions, moods, whistles,...
They love their young and thru a say 100 thousand year symbiotic relationship, a strong bond is there that can encompass love. Not always like with say with some working dogs, guard dogs, hunting dogs, fighting dogs,....?
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290613

• BlushandOrchid
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 348
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, I feel animals feel emotions and a wide range of them. Their emotions can be expressed through their actions, just like us humans. even though they don't audibly speak, I even feel they can cry with their own sounds.

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290639

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3895
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dan Dare wrote: I'm guilty of anthropomorphising my Chihuahua. He has 4 jumpers, 3 jackets and a Christmas costume. He's also very human in that every morning when I ask him to put the kettle on he totally ignores me.
Only joking.
There's probably a positive correlation between an animal's IQ and it's EQ. Emotional quotient.
Hence I 'd be surprised if a worm felt love, yet I believe it to be true for intelligent animal's like dogs, cat's, budgies, parrots, whales, elephants, apes, monkeys, horses, dolphins,....
Pets, especially dogs, have learnt our ways, body language, words, tones, facial expressions, moods, whistles,...
They love their young and thru a say 100 thousand year symbiotic relationship, a strong bond is there that can encompass love. Not always like with say with some working dogs, guard dogs, hunting dogs, fighting dogs,....?

Agree there all but the working dogs my German Shepherds are ex K9's both police and military the bonds are huge, I would place them to me as close to the top of the scale, 2 of them now as I type within a foot or 2 of me as most always, I had a K9 partner for many years by choice.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, Topsy, JUJO

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290644

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4943
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote:

Dan Dare wrote: I'm guilty of anthropomorphising my Chihuahua. He has 4 jumpers, 3 jackets and a Christmas costume. He's also very human in that every morning when I ask him to put the kettle on he totally ignores me.
Only joking.

Agree there all but the working dogs my German Shepherds are ex K9's both police and military the bonds are huge, I would place them to me as close to the top of the scale, 2 of them now as I type within a foot or 2 of me as most always, I had a K9 partner for many years by choice.

Probably they know [and I do believe ,animals know , in fact there have been cases were dogs have been able to sniff cancer, & been right] how much you care for them too Dennis K9"s are the type of dog [German Shepard] you have worked with all your life in the job you did so you are drawn to them . I am drawn to English Bull Terriers as we regulary looked after my son"s dog,he"s gone now ,sadly[the dog BTW]
My son wept bucket loads & he is the strong silent type.

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle
Last edit: by Topsy.

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290646

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3895
  • Honor Medal 2010
correct sorry for your loss T

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290649

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4943
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: correct sorry for your loss T

ThanK you ,D
Smile

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Do animals feel emotions? 1 week 5 days ago #3290996

• JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2489
I believe animals can feel pain,love,fear,happiness,tiredness,exactly the same as human, I remember,going back a few years ago, my cat who has since passed away, started growling,totally out of character for him,because he was so loving, it was every time he put weight on his back leg,so we took him to the vet,X-ray,scans were done, results,he had arthritis in his knee, he was put on medication, he was like a new cat, no more growling,
I felt like taking that medication for my arthritis,:P :P
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds