Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on News and Current Affairs issues.

TOPIC: Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988080

• Aida
  • Aida's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1398
  • Honor Medal 2010
In response to KayyGee
It’s not just Governments who demonise them : they are scape goats for every ‘ill’ citizens encounter. They are ‘the other’. Here in the UK before asylum seekers it was people from the commonwealth who came here for a better life, and then people on benefits. There will always be ‘others’ who are demonised and blamed for tarnishing British values.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, R u e

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Aida.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988090

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I read that they are not allowed to work while seeking asylum because a clear definition has to be made those between seeking asylum and those who are economic migrants. However, surely schemes could be set up to give them something to occupy their time while waiting to be processed.

Gov.UK.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, R u e

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988121

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Suella Is at it again, this time writing in The Telegraph, saying Rishi Sunak’s is ‘tinkering’ with the failed Rwanda plan instead of offering a serious alternative.
Her attacks are relentless.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, R u e

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988185

• R u e
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1289
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: The answer is to speed up the claims process making it clear who can stay in the UK, and who can't, before allowing them to work.

I think it would be too easy for some employers to take advantage of asylum seekers otherwise.

Maybe the government should employ them, keeping parks tidy sweeping streets, helping old folk ... lots to keep them busy, also help pays for their up keep ? They don't have to be employed by unscrupulous employers, simples really,,
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual

Last edit: by R u e.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988186

• R u e
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1289
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: I read that they are not allowed to work while seeking asylum because a clear definition has to be made those between seeking asylum and those who are economic migrants. However, surely schemes could be set up to give them something to occupy their time while waiting to be processed.

Gov.UK.

All Bull Aida, how come they can all roam free in our towns then ? Some have been working on the black market in this time ...So makes no sense to me ..

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988397

• Elizabeth
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 66
  • Honor Medal 2010
Apparently, the Taliban has taken over the people-smuggling gangs and is planning to flood Europe with even more migrants. When will our governments wake up to what is really going on? It has been obvious right from the start that this whole thing has been orchestrated with the intention of weakening western countries...and it's working.
You only have to listen to what the migrants themselves are saying...'We were told this....we were told that'. Only yesterday at a migrants centre in France, a man from Africa stated..'Since I was a child I have wanted to live in the UK'.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988404

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 541
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not obvious to me at all.

Refugees are victims of oppressive regimes,not people in some sort of orchestrated plan to weaken western countries. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, Aida

Last edit: by Vegemite Kid.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988420

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I find the idea of pulling some of the world’s most vulnerable people off a boat after they have made a hazardous journey across land and then the channel, and loading them on a plane to Rwanda absolutely abhorrent. They are fellow human beings not cargo.

Part of the problem stems from our days of colonialism. We went into countries, looked at them with derision and tried to change their customs, made them feel inferior to us, helped ourselves to their land and assets and our aristocracy got richer on the back of our pillaging . We also taught them to speak English. Speaking English goes a long way when trying to make a new life in the UK. They want to be here because they have been repeatedly told for years how wonderful it is.

My religious beliefs tell me that this is wrong. Very wrong. I don’t know what the answer is but it should not be something like the Rwanda plan that is dismissive of human rights.

Right now we must not be susceptible to myths and misinformation that makes us panic and lose our sense of decency towards fellow human beings in a world where aggression , wars and natural disasters are triggering displacement and mass movement of people.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Quoted text from a recently removed post deleted as the post was removed for a reason.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 1 week ago #3988430

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 972
  • Honor Medal 2010

Elizabeth wrote: Apparently, the Taliban has taken over the people-smuggling gangs and is planning to flood Europe with even more migrants. When will our governments wake up to what is really going on? It has been obvious right from the start that this whole thing has been orchestrated with the intention of weakening western countries...and it's working.
You only have to listen to what the migrants themselves are saying...'We were told this....we were told that'. Only yesterday at a migrants centre in France, a man from Africa stated..'Since I was a child I have wanted to live in the UK'.

To be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
The only believable part of the post is that someone would say they want to live in the UK.
Why wouldn't they - the UK is a good place to live for many reasons.

I doubt the attraction for him would be to live on our streets in a tent, or in a mould infested flat in a high rise block.

The big attraction for this man wanting to live here, may be the fact we have a monarchy.....who knows?!

Last edit: by Vienna.

Government’s Rwanda Scheme Is Declared Unlawful. 3 months 6 days ago #3988467

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Agee about the monarchy. If we are to believe what we read , King Charles, when he was still Prince of Wales, is rumoured to have privately criticised the Government’s proposed policy of sending asylum seekers / migrants to Rwanda for processing to be ‘appalling’.
Good for him.

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds