Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on News and Current Affairs issues.

TOPIC: Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 3 months 1 day ago #3963416

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 408
  • Honor Medal 2010
I remember 1976 most of the Summer was like being in Spain oh how i long for those Summers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by knighten.

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 3 months 1 day ago #3963419

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 882
  • Honor Medal 2010

Royston wrote: yup - heat is nothing new.

.......there are none so blind as those who will not see............

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 3 months 1 day ago #3963420

• Royston
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
so you keep saying...

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 3 months 1 day ago #3963422

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 882
  • Honor Medal 2010

Royston wrote: so you keep saying...

......an you keep proving me right..........

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 3 months 21 hours ago #3963523

• Jane R
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 570
  • Honor Medal 2010

Royston wrote:

Jane R wrote: Beautiful weather in September - we usually call that an Indian Summer. 'There is nothing new under the sun'.
Pardon the pun.

we still do. smile.png (pun pardoned)

Thank you, we have another two weeks of this glorious weather -bring it on. I too remember when it was so hot we could burst the bubbles in the tar roads.

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 3 months 8 hours ago #3963769

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1653
  • Honor Medal 2010
In 1976, I left home and moved into my first home which was a new house I bought near to where I worked. I had a long driveway up from the street to the garage which was in the back garden, consisting of two rows of flagstones. In the Autumn when we started to get some heavy rain, I came back from visiting the parents to find that a cavern had opened up in the back garden and the driveway had collapsed. This happened to every house in our section of the street, and was due to the soil used to level off the back gardens before the driveways had been laid, had not been properly compacted due to the dry summer. Once the rain came and softened the ground then the soil started to settle leaving what looked like a trench the full length of that section of the street .

Cerberus heatwave: Hot weather sweeps across southern Europe 2 months 4 weeks ago #3964655

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 346
  • Honor Medal 2010
Laughed at an article in Austin American statesman.(newspaper)

Austin hasn't broken any temperature records this year but parts of the city have higher temperatures then a decade ago.

the areas they are referring to were fields a decade ago. Wondering if all the new homes and paved roads had anything to do with it!

Related to this town. The city has the right to expand the city limits and they did. The people that leased the land for hunting, before it was in the city limits, were being told they could not hunt on that land now because it is in the city limits. Guess what??? The city was told to put it back outside the city limits because contracts were in effect before they did the land grab, as I call it. The city gave the land back but only kept the road but not the land on both sides of the road.

So the whole story has to be looked at and not just the part they want to tell you.

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Sarcasm removed
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds