Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on News and Current Affairs issues.

TOPIC: The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 2 months 1 week ago #3870110

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 549
  • Well said received: 416
  • Points: 1644
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote: Nothing to do with poverty there are plenty of jobs out there it's organized crime men who live a criminal lifestyle these people don't believe in working . Criminal gangs make a lot of money stealing agricultural machinery, Land Rovers quad bikes from farms. Technology farmers use such as GPS systems used to guide tractors and combines are targeted .Another favourite is hare coursing good money is made live streaming live events to gambling syndicates in China.



Plenty of jobs have no meaning, are they jobs with living wages and benefits ???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875076

  • waimiha
  • waimiha's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 274
  • Well said received: 152
  • Points: 596
Yes lets crack down on some bloke trying to fence a10k quad bike. Lets not worry about people in suits running a 100 million pound ponzie scheme. The guy fencing the bike probably went to the local comprehensive while the guy rippimg off millions in the ponzie scheme probably went to a Grammar school, is a decent chap and just made a slight miscalculation
The following user(s) said Well Said: DaveA, sandoval

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875085

  • charles66
  • charles66's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Posts: 1
  • Well said received: 1
  • Points: 77918
  • Honor Medal 2010
rural crime funny thing, Seems like old saying neighbors looking out for each other is going away a little everyday. Quick story, Cousin married a farmer. He had a nice pond I fished in. If I changed cars and drove to pond his father owned farm next door. He owuld be there to see who on property. One day driving to pond saw a pickup driving in a hay field bouncing around. Only had a fishing pole, so called dad at next door farm. stopped car to block lane. Turned out to be another son who was racking hay using pickup to pull rack and had maybe one to many beers. seems nobody would be that concerned today

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875537

  • Dennis 2
  • Dennis 2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 608
  • Well said received: 381
  • Points: 174007
  • Honor Medal 2010
I live in a rural area we have a group of neighbors that look out for each other, you get 1-2 daily calls checking on you no answer you get a visit, this has worked well for us for some years, also many have keys to others houses and gates, 1 time we did find 1 that had fallen and were able to get in and help them, all in our group have asked to be in it, For me it is very assuring a real positive thing, it started after my neighbor was attacked and crippled for life. Not for all but works for us well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875568

  • QuietMouse01
  • QuietMouse01's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 374
  • Well said received: 407
  • Points: 61432
  • Honor Medal 2010
Our street lights are turned off at midnight...
within the last ten days, two cars have been stolen from driveways..
its scary...:unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875578

  • Yo
  • Yo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 241
  • Well said received: 241
  • Points: 11606
  • Honor Medal 2010
Is this a recent thing due to energy costs QM?
I wouldn’t like to live somewhere where street lighting is turned off overnight, I believe it’s necessary for personal safety as well as other crime.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875601

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1754
  • Well said received: 1150
  • Points: 193190
  • Honor Medal 2010
My council here in Warwickshire began turning off lights in side roads about 5 years ago.
Midnight most nights, 1am on Saturday and bank holidays.

My new neighbours across the road, leave their outside light on all night, which is very nice of them.
Would be total darkness here otherwise.

The drug dealers emerge when the lights go out..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Vienna.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875627

  • Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1333
  • Well said received: 1326
  • Points: 168670
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: My council here in Warwickshire began turning off lights in side roads about 5 years ago.
Midnight most nights, 1am on Saturday and bank holidays.

My new neighbours across the road, leave their outside light on all night, which is very nice of them.
Would be total darkness here otherwise.

The drug dealers emerge when the lights go out..



Similar around my area too, I recall something about turning street lighting off late at night to save energy etc.
I live in a small cul-de-sac and there is one lamppost in it and as far as I know it stays on all night.
They could turn it off as the amount of security on the houses if someone is 5 yards from any house cameras roll and security lights come on.
The rest of the area to be honest I don't know if they do go off or not, I have never noticed.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RETIRED WITH GRACE

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875647

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1754
  • Well said received: 1150
  • Points: 193190
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

Vienna wrote: My council here in Warwickshire began turning off lights in side roads about 5 years ago.
Midnight most nights, 1am on Saturday and bank holidays.

My new neighbours across the road, leave their outside light on all night, which is very nice of them.
Would be total darkness here otherwise.

The drug dealers emerge when the lights go out..



Similar around my area too, I recall something about turning street lighting off late at night to save energy etc.
I live in a small cul-de-sac and there is one lamppost in it and as far as I know it stays on all night.
They could turn it off as the amount of security on the houses if someone is 5 yards from any house cameras roll and security lights come on.
The rest of the area to be honest I don't know if they do go off or not, I have never noticed.



No security cameras or lighting on houses in my road.
I do think councils should keep street lamps on in areas of higher crime, like my road where drug-dealing is a huge problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Rise of Crime In Rural Areas. 1 month 4 weeks ago #3875652

  • knighten
  • knighten's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 360
  • Well said received: 427
  • Points: 6659
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote:

knighten wrote: Nothing to do with poverty there are plenty of jobs out there it's organized crime men who live a criminal lifestyle these people don't believe in working . Criminal gangs make a lot of money stealing agricultural machinery, Land Rovers quad bikes from farms. Technology farmers use such as GPS systems used to guide tractors and combines are targeted .Another favourite is hare coursing good money is made live streaming live events to gambling syndicates in China.



Plenty of jobs have no meaning, are they jobs with living wages and benefits ???



Yes plenty of jobs companies now have to offer pension schemes and a minimum wage along with paid holidays. Many criminals are just bone idle many have a drug habit no excuses My message to them is get off your backside and put in a shift just like millions of us who never had any privileges had to do

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.

Buzz50 uses cookies, by using the site, you agree to these cookies

Click the button below to hide this message: Learn more

I understand