Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on News and Current Affairs issues.

TOPIC: UK Mini Budget

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852216

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1429
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:
I may well vote Labour next time if they can promise me to sort all that out and bring down the rich boys club of City of London.
Does anyone think they will?

No I don’t.
Some people have short memories when it comes to past governments.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852230

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1108
  • Honor Medal 2010
There she sat, smug smile on her face, knowing the rich will get richer, the cap on bankers' bonuses removed, energy companies vast profits will be shielded, tax reduced for those earning over £150.000 per year: those that have shall have more ! I predict there will be wealthy people cashing in on the raising of the stamp duty threshold, buying second homes, holiday properties in seaside
locations and buy to let houses.
Massive borrowing by this irresponsible Government will take decades to pay back. What a gamble.
When will ordinary people, not the well- off , benefit from the 'trickle down ' ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Yo

It’s okay not to be okay.
Last edit: by Aida.

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852231

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 860
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Bruce wrote: I haven't seen a second of it or read a word of it, I bet all it is saying is end of the day the poor are going to be charged more in the long run and the rich will get richer.

That is all PMs do. I will be very surprised if it is any different when I can be bothered to listen in and make sense of it.

Not Labour PM's...
We have an election coming up in a couple of years time, which will give everyone an opportunity to vote for a party who do not favour the rich......your choice.

Labour are in the same boat, May be not helping the rich get richer as much to the detriment of the working man and woman but they too will borrow like crazy. It is a pointless poison chalice of a country to run, We all know what needs to be done and all of the parties have had their chance over the years to do it but failed because those who need bringing down won't be as lots of MPs have business with them and are making a fortune.
Until that money is stopped from basically being laundered and cleaned we are all going to struggle as the working people of this country cannot afford to keep paying the taxes we do to cover the trillions being taken away from government.

We work We are taxed on Wages, Every single thing we buy we are taxed on, Prices are at an all-time high so we pay more tax, we need fuel to get to work it is mostly tax, use the train it is as expensive as fuel for the car, we need energy to live it is mega expensive and then we get council tax.
Taxes need to be paid but at an acceptable rate, acceptable to the working people not to the government.
We are told the average earnings in the UK is £565-£601 a week, Now this may sound odd but I am retired and have been for 8 years so I admit I don't know what people are earning in normal everyday jobs.
I do know we are getting no more maybe less than we were a while back and I know prices increase but we spend nearly double what we used to on normal living. My income hasn't changed!

I have a gas letter in front of me and it says the cost for my gas in the last 12 month period was £669.67 and next year it will be if I use the same amount £1358.09 . I have turned the gas off as we only use it for hot water and we have an electric shower a kettle and a dishwasher so we don't really need to use it.

I may well vote Labour next time if they can promise me to sort all that out and bring down the rich boys club of City of London.
Does anyone think they will?

[/color]

Yes more chance with them than this government for sure but what we need to see is ordinary people not having to rely on food banks and such like. Wont happen under this government.
Vote Tory if you want, but they are always so predictable aren't they?

Last edit: by Vienna.

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852241

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1034

Aida wrote: There she sat, smug smile on her face, knowing the rich will get richer, the cap on bankers' bonuses removed, energy companies vast profits will be shielded, tax reduced for those earning over £150.000 per year: those that have shall have more ! Wealthy people cashing in on the raising of the stamp duty threshold, buying second homes, holiday properties in seaside
locations and buy to let houses.
Massive borrowing by this irresponsible Government will take decades to pay back. What a gamble.
When will ordinary people, not the well- off , benefit from the 'trickle down ' ?

Never in the UK it is as simple as that really, Not what anyone wants to hear but it is the sad truth.
How long has it been since we felt alright with the cost of living in balance to our wages? Late 70s early 80s it was for me and that was under Thatcher!
I said it before and I will say it again go and watch a documentary called the Spiders Web Britian's Second Empire I watched it on Netflix, It is the most honest explanation I have seen of where all the money goes from the UK. It shows the reason we will never be treated fair because the money isn't going to where it should do to support the country as these accountants and lawyers syphon it all off tax free. the general public are there to make up the shortfall hence we keep getting battered by governments.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida

RETIRED WITH GRACE

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852255

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I will not be voting Conservative that’s for sure . I would sooner vote for a herd of pigs.
I will endeavour to watch the documentary you recommend, Bruce. .
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Yo, Bruce

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852265

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 205
  • Honor Medal 2010
I can recommend "Pillaged" and "Fleeced" by David Craig, both easy read books and will put you off voting for ever if you haven't been put off already.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Jane R, Aida, Bruce

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852269

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
For years this country has been propped up by working men and women and P A Y E. while the wealthy find ways to avoid paying their full share of tax.

Thanks for the book recommendations sandoval.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Yo

UK Mini Budget 1 week 2 days ago #3852273

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 860
  • Honor Medal 2010
I don't want to be put off voting thanks....what do you think will happen if people stop voting?

Last edit: by Vienna.

UK Mini Budget 1 week 1 day ago #3852300

• Keeper
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1287
  • Honor Medal 2010
All ladies need to remember that women gave their lives for us to be able to vote. I will always use my vote.smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida, Vienna, Bruce, Pats

PEACE to the world

UK Mini Budget 1 week 1 day ago #3852346

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I will always vote, but will be more discerning in future. I may join the Green Party.

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds