Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on News and Current Affairs issues.

TOPIC: What would you like to happen to these parents?

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721620

• Wren
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 382
  • Honor Medal 2010
Personally I would shoot them
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Dennis 2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721633

• Davenorave
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 68
  • Honor Medal 2010

Wren wrote: Personally I would shoot them

A laudable and compassionate remedy. Too quick. Why would they deserve the compassion that they wouldn't afford that tiny Child? No. My lash of glass far more appropiate.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Wren

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721689

• Elspeth
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 173
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are no words..........
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721715

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1457
  • Honor Medal 2010
I find it hard to understand why, in so many of these cases involving children, we see photographs of them looking happy and healthy and suddenly they are dead, victims of abuse.

Where and when does it all go so wrong?

I am not going to join in the "shoot them, slash them with glass, hang them" kind of knee-jerk reaction.

Not my style.

But i do agree with another poster who says that justice is very often meted out by other prison inmates.
That's all from me.

Last edit: by Vienna.

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721718

• Here4Beer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 28
Death penalty. Why should taxpayers take care of these two for life. Take the tax savings and help the homeless.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, knighten, Wren, Robin

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721728

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2115
  • Honor Medal 2010
:angry:
ECT. Therapy. With or without analgesics.
Well publicised and portrayed as a Deterrent.

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721737

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6098
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am all for the Death Penalty. But here is the US, a person on Death Row can be there for 25-30 years before the execution happens, if it ever actually happens at all. Like a few others have said, I would hope during the parents' time in prison on Death Row, others prisoners would take matters into their own hands.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Wren, Robin

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721934

• Keeper
  • Keeper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2096
  • Honor Medal 2010

William 58 wrote: I am all for the Death Penalty. But here is the US, a person on Death Row can be there for 25-30 years before the execution happens, if it ever actually happens at all. Like a few others have said, I would hope during the parents' time in prison on Death Row, others prisoners would take matters into their own hands.

The incident happened here in the UK. There is no "Death Row" in the UK

I posted this thread on here yesterday, and I couldn't sleep at all last night. I rarely cry, I just hurt inside.........
The child asked a neighbour for some water to drink, if that neighbour was me, I would have phoned the police!
I just feel so helpless, but I can visualise that little one crying out......"nobody loves me" "Nobody will feed me"....6 years of age......and she actually filmed him laying crying...............and the police took some audio evidence to Court where that little one was crying saying this........

quote from that newspaper article
"One witness told how the once happy and healthy boy appeared ‘broken’ on the day of his death, June 16 last year.

The witness described how Arthur ‘secretly’ asked them for a drink of water while Hughes and Tustin were in another room – but had to hold the glass to the boy’s mouth as he was ‘too weak to hold it himself’. unquote

Why didn't that "witness" call the police??????????

Please God rest his dear little soul, and please stop this kind of thing happening to other little ones........

My sis in law is a retired social worker, and she says that because of a shortage of social workers we wil see more cases like this one, come to light.............
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Yo

Last edit: by Keeper.

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721937

• grahamg
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 193
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:
I find it hard to understand why, in so many of these cases involving children, we see photographs of them looking happy and healthy and suddenly they are dead, victims of abuse.

Where and when does it all go so wrong?

I am not going to join in the "shoot them, slash them with glass, hang them" kind of knee-jerk reaction.

Not my style.

But i do agree with another poster who says that justice is very often meted out by other prison inmates.
That's all from me.

"Justice is rarely served by public pillory, that's for certain"!

I haven't followed the thread, nor do I know anything at all about the case from any other source.

I do recall the Sally Clark case though, where a mother was wrongly accused of causing the deaths of two of her children/babies dying in circumstances known as " cot death", where one highly qualified expert declared (wrongly), that she must have been guilty of causing the deaths due to the statistic showing the rarity of two cot deaths occurring in one family, on the basis of knowledge gained from news reports and nothing more.

Sally came from Wilmslow in Cheshire where I used to live, the daughter of a high ranking police officer, but this didn't seem to help her, (perhaps the reverse?), and when released from jail after a couple of years "having justice metered out by other inmates", she was so traumatised she would not allow herself to be in the same room as her other child alone, a boy, older than the two babies she lost, and Sally died only a year or two after coming out of prison, (I'm not sure of the reason, though its hard to imagine she thought life worth living by then, despite her husband sticking by her throughout it all).
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

What would you like to happen to these parents? 1 week 3 days ago #3721938

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1457
  • Honor Medal 2010
"because of a shortage of social workers we wil see more cases like this one, come to light............."

Not only due to a shortage of social workers.
Train the ones we have to do the job properly....there have been cases of social workers who have been suspended or lost their job because they are just not good enough.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, QuinTSensual, Bruce

Last edit: by Vienna.
Moderators: smilesrus10PascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds