Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue...

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 6 days ago #3691668

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1612
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: Yes she had her rights the issue is I also had my rights also and started the talk being very polite then her negative attitude surfaced and all went down hill from there she could have nicely replied or changed seats with me but NO. I would do the same or more if it ever happened again, If it had been me I would have complied instantly and also said anything else I can do please just say so. I would have gone out of my way to please her had it been the opposite way, I wanted to inquire if she had bought 2 seats? But that's not me to say anything like that to anyone. Thanks for reply but oddly you seemed to omit my rights of paying for a seat and not getting it?

I would say her negative attitude stemmed from you harassing her.
You expected the lady to change seats with you, she didn't have to.
I don't consider that to be "unruly".
She also had rights.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vegemite Kid
The topic has been locked.

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 6 days ago #3691692

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 847
  • Honor Medal 2010
Agree there but so did I never mentioned was it, not was my being polite to her prior to her attitude
Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 6 days ago #3691698

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1799
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have only once been a passenger onboard a flight when a male passenger, went off with
yelling and flinging his arms saying unkind things to another passenger. I was sitting across
the isle and my partner at the time said "do not say a word, not a single word". He was right,
and I was not planning to say anything at all, in fact, I wanted to flee from that general area
on the plane but I was boxed in. Two plane guards appeared and handled the situation very
fast and tackled the male passenger to a tight hold. We then had a stopover in Chicago USA
airport and the unruly passenger was taken off the plane. This was the year 1995.

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 6 days ago #3691699

• Vegemite Kid
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2383
  • Honor Medal 2010
If I had booked an aisle seat, I wouldnt be changing it for an inside seat either. You book early to get those for a reason.

Cant recall any incidents when I was in planes.
havent been on one since 2019 for obvious reasons, but pre covid flew many times, including some very long international flights.
I never drink alcohol on planes but my husband has a few on long flights, helps him sleep.
He is the quietest most placid person, never gets unruly though

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 5 days ago #3691722

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 847
  • Honor Medal 2010
The lady in question was in the center myself window seat so not the case at all she could have traded or moved but rather argue over it at least I was given a free ticket by mail for this I like window seats and was booked about 2 months out was our normal timeframe unless a special event, she should have booked 2 seats as that is about what she used. Later I thought she got the middle as to getting more room knowing she needed it spilling over about half of the other 2 seats, that was the only time I ever experienced any problem. I asked my friend what she would have done in this case she said try to relocate the lady in question to 1st class as larger seats if any open seat open. if not then advise her she needed to purchase another seat, which is done here at times when needed. If a seat was open in 1st class and she refused said she would have the co-pilot speak to her, I did ask if she ever had to do this and was told in her 20+ years no one ever refused to reseat when asked to.
Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 5 days ago #3691723

• altshovel
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1460
  • Honor Medal 2010
Passenger planes use HEPA filters so the cabin air is good.
But people are required to use masks.
Good idea!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dennis 2
“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 5 days ago #3691837

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5653
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: The lady in question was in the center myself window seat so not the case at all she could have traded or moved but rather argue over it at least I was given a free ticket by mail for this I like window seats and was booked about 2 months out was our normal timeframe unless a special event, she should have booked 2 seats as that is about what she used. Later I thought she got the middle as to getting more room knowing she needed it spilling over about half of the other 2 seats, that was the only time I ever experienced any problem. I asked my friend what she would have done in this case she said try to relocate the lady in question to 1st class as larger seats if any open seat open. if not then advise her she needed to purchase another seat, which is done here at times when needed. If a seat was open in 1st class and she refused said she would have the co-pilot speak to her, I did ask if she ever had to do this and was told in her 20+ years no one ever refused to reseat when asked to.

I think this whole incident was discrimination on the grounds of weight.

But hardly an unruly concern for cabin staff.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aviara, Vegemite Kid, Vienna
Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 5 days ago #3691851

• aviator
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 442
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote:

• knighten wrote: It is not difficult to issue life time bans for unruly passengers,Just do it.By all accounts Delta Airlines are going down this route.Advertise it in bold letters everytime a ticket is purchased.And if you get banned by one airline you get banned by all.If it effects your work or right to travel its tough

Here’s a crazy idea, eliminate alcohol from the equation. No bars in airports and duh, no alcohol served on the aircraft. That money though, the money.

wonder how many are aware of a very very strict no alcohol rules for pilots, and other air crew, before they can be cleared for flying. there are also very stringent checks before the flights.
    punishment for violation can even be loss of license , meaning loss of job.
    The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 5 days ago #3691860

• Vegemite Kid
    • Away
    • Titanium Buzzer
    • Titanium Buzzer
    • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: The lady in question was in the center myself window seat so not the case at all she could have traded or moved but rather argue over it at least I was given a free ticket by mail for this I like window seats and was booked about 2 months out was our normal timeframe unless a special event, she should have booked 2 seats as that is about what she used. Later I thought she got the middle as to getting more room knowing she needed it spilling over about half of the other 2 seats, that was the only time I ever experienced any problem. I asked my friend what she would have done in this case she said try to relocate the lady in question to 1st class as larger seats if any open seat open. if not then advise her she needed to purchase another seat, which is done here at times when needed. If a seat was open in 1st class and she refused said she would have the co-pilot speak to her, I did ask if she ever had to do this and was told in her 20+ years no one ever refused to reseat when asked to.

well I'm sure nobody would refuse a free upgrade to first class - equally unlikely a seat in first class would be available to be offered.

But regardless of which seat the lady had or why she chose that one - that was her seat and she has no obligation to change it to suit other passengers

and I highly doubt she could be made to pay for an extra seat once already on the plane - such a policy would have to be upfront and agreed in advance.

Flight Attendants 2021, their safety, the concerns continue... 1 week 5 days ago #3691862

• Vegemite Kid
    • Away
    • Titanium Buzzer
    • Titanium Buzzer
    • Honor Medal 2010

aviator wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

• knighten wrote: It is not difficult to issue life time bans for unruly passengers,Just do it.By all accounts Delta Airlines are going down this route.Advertise it in bold letters everytime a ticket is purchased.And if you get banned by one airline you get banned by all.If it effects your work or right to travel its tough

Here’s a crazy idea, eliminate alcohol from the equation. No bars in airports and duh, no alcohol served on the aircraft. That money though, the money.

wonder how many are aware of a very very strict no alcohol rules for pilots, and other air crew, before they can be cleared for flying. there are also very stringent checks before the flights.
    punishment for violation can even be loss of license , meaning loss of job.

I would expect that to be the case.

Like many other jobs too.
    Moderators: smilesrus10PascaloumikePats
    Time to create page: 0.202 seconds