Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: My country

My country 1 week 5 days ago #3577835

• Mawai
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3273
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote:

Mawai wrote:

altshovel wrote:

Mawai wrote:

altshovel wrote:
What is Trump's favorite emotion?

Trump's emotions have garnered 75 million voters. More than any other Republican President in history.

He does not fear the Liberal establishment. Neither is their puppet.
Unlike Biden/Kamala. Pelosi or the crazed and frenzied fake social media monopoly!

And he lost. He lost the senate too. He's now a big loser. Maybe some of those people who voted for Trump have woken up over the past week or two! I really hope so.
There are a lot of people on the left that do not fear the liberal establishment. The corporate media is being pushed back on the left too.
So, what is Trump's favorite emotion? A few stand out for sure.

I have no doubt that the Democrats are fooled by liberal ideology, especially economically and at their expenses!

Yes the democrats are very close to the monopolies represented by the GAFAM! too close in my opinion to ensure the public interest before the private interests!

Trump's future emotions will be the satisfaction of creating a party that will rally a good part of elected Republican officials!

For once I hope you are correct in your analysis, that Trump does try to establish another right wing conservative party. There is a phrase that is oft quoted in these circumstances, a house divided can not stand, and this would be the fate of the Conservative side of US politics if Trump is successful. There would be no majority for them in any future election and the opposition Democrats would be the Government for a very long time, a good, but not necessarily the best, outcome for the US.

And that phrase is being applied quite liberally to the US by it's foreign competitors at the moment and it is all thanks to Trump.

The problem for the democrats is that Trump or the representative of the new patriotic party has a strong chance of being elected in 2024! Hence the panic of the Democrats and their action to oust him before the creation of the new party!

A coalition will surely beat the democratic party!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77
Last edit: by Mawai.
The topic has been locked.

My country 1 week 5 days ago #3577843

• KayyGee
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1430
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mawai wrote:

KayyGee wrote:

Mawai wrote:

altshovel wrote:

Mawai wrote:

altshovel wrote:

Trump's emotions have garnered 75 million voters. More than any other Republican President in history.

He does not fear the Liberal establishment. Neither is their puppet.
Unlike Biden/Kamala. Pelosi or the crazed and frenzied fake social media monopoly!

And he lost. He lost the senate too. He's now a big loser. Maybe some of those people who voted for Trump have woken up over the past week or two! I really hope so.
There are a lot of people on the left that do not fear the liberal establishment. The corporate media is being pushed back on the left too.
So, what is Trump's favorite emotion? A few stand out for sure.

I have no doubt that the Democrats are fooled by liberal ideology, especially economically and at their expenses!

Yes the democrats are very close to the monopolies represented by the GAFAM! too close in my opinion to ensure the public interest before the private interests!

Trump's future emotions will be the satisfaction of creating a party that will rally a good part of elected Republican officials!

For once I hope you are correct in your analysis, that Trump does try to establish another right wing conservative party. There is a phrase that is oft quoted in these circumstances, a house divided can not stand, and this would be the fate of the Conservative side of US politics if Trump is successful. There would be no majority for them in any future election and the opposition Democrats would be the Government for a very long time, a good, but not necessarily the best, outcome for the US.

And that phrase is being applied quite liberally to the US by it's foreign competitors at the moment and it is all thanks to Trump.

The problem for the democrats is that Trump or the representative of the new patriotic party has a strong chance of being elected in 2024! Hence the panic of the Democrats and their action to oust him before the creation of the new party!

A coalition will surely beat the democratic party!

You seem to not understand how the US system works, you can't have a President elected by coalition, the single candidate who receives the most votes in the electoral college wins and in that case they must receive the majority of votes in the election, a coalition, if such a thing were possible in the US, would split the vote such that neither conservative party would win, such was the example when the left wing green party of Jill Stein took votes away from Hillary Clinton and allowed Trump to win, and there have been others.
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg

My country 1 week 5 days ago #3577858

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2701
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mawai wrote:

Vegemite Kid wrote: I like to look up single sentences and see the context and background to them.

www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/j...-breakfast-club.html

Yes Joe Biden said that in May as an off the cuff remark in a radio interview - he then admitted it was wrong and apologised.

I think all of us say things on the spot which come out wrong - I dont think it shows "For Biden, black voters appear to be a flock of sheep, deprived of all political free will." - it shows he used a careless turn of phrase in an on the spot interview - which he realised was such and apologised for.

in politics whoever apologizes under the pressure of the media, accuses himself!

I totally disagree with that.

We all say things that come out wrong or are poorly worded and the right thing to do is to apologise

Never admitting you were wrong or said the wrong thing is just pig headed and stupid.

My country 1 week 5 days ago #3577900

• aviator
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 599
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mawai wrote:

altshovel wrote:

reminds me of germany, 1930s..
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper
Last edit: by Eira. Reason: question addressed to poster removed.

My country 1 week 5 days ago #3578042

• Eira
  • Away
  • Well said received: 3991
  • Honor Medal 2010
This thread was locked because it had turned into another political tit-for-tat session, mostly about political figures and the recent election and post-election events.
There is too many entangled off topic comments to move them all to more appropriate threads.
However, we want to draw a line under them from this point.

Please remember this thread is in the Serious Discussion Forum.
Please keep your comments to discussing the topic in a constructive manner, without dragging political personalities or US Election-related topics into it - and please do not quote or continue to discuss any of the previous off topic or tit-for-tat point scoring posts from earlier on this thread.

There is plenty of threads in the US Presidential Election Section, where you can discuss Trump, Pence, Biden & Harris, and everything relating to the Election, so future posts of this type will be removed from this thread.

To re-open this thread, I am re-Posting the Opening Post topic here:

My Country

I am grieving for the loss of human rights and greater social cohesion in the US these days. Things have been decaying for years but have accelerated more and more over the past 10 yrs. We still have kind people and a barely functioning system of government, but things are bad

Please stay on topic.

Thank you

Eira
Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

My country 1 week 5 days ago #3578068

• WWWoody
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1550
  • Honor Medal 2010
Locally my area is a fantastic place to live. It’s mostly just like The American Dream one might picture. All colors, ages, shapes and sizes. At the state and federal level there a huge problems, I wonder why? The “definition of insanity” thingy springs to mind. “Too many cooks spoil the soup” does as well. Try running your household for a week like DC runs the USA. Good luck. :evil:
Murica!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Robin, jennilin

My country 1 week 4 days ago #3578281

• altshovel
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1527
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote: Locally my area is a fantastic place to live. It’s mostly just like The American Dream one might picture. All colors, ages, shapes and sizes. At the state and federal level there a huge problems, I wonder why? The “definition of insanity” thingy springs to mind. “Too many cooks spoil the soup” does as well. Try running your household for a week like DC runs the USA. Good luck. :evil:

A household and government are different. Maybe if you had your parents, siblings, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins you might be closer, also add your neighbors in that one household. The scale network and economy is different.
“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”
Last edit: by altshovel.

My country 1 week 4 days ago #3578647

• jennilin
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 267
  • Honor Medal 2010
Exactly so not difficult to accept differences and celebrate them . and even maybe adopt them ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

My country 1 week 3 days ago #3578749

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 826
  • Honor Medal 2010
Per topic here where I live I know most all my neighbors for a mile or more, had a very good year no complaints other than last month or two sure not a complainer here, we just do the best with what we have I always say let the whiners crawl in their hole of just go away, I have no use for them in my life, other than last few weeks our fuel costs have been good and that is a real impact on me here now up almost 50% here, I don't see much improvement coming anytime soon. All will just increase costs on transported goods, it is coming.
Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

My country 1 week 3 days ago #3578797

• Smiler1968
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 120
Leicestershire cant complain, lovely place to work and live , no complaints here
Moderators: smilesrus10PascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds