Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: My country

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573398

• Coconut1
  • Coconut1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 14
I am grieving for the loss of human rights and greater social cohesion in the US these days. Things have been decaying for years but have accelerated more and more over the past 10 yrs. We still have kind people and a barely functioning system of government, but things are bad.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, gazchatbot16, Aida, Rips, Rumbling Brook, Reci, jennilin, Starfish, bohiques
The topic has been locked.

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573405

• Rumbling Brook
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 112
  • Honor Medal 2010
The kind people are what is going to get us through this. The Government at this time sure isn't. Hopefully things will get better in a few more months. I'm hoping any way.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Aida

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573419

• Shadowman
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 697
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am guessing all societies declare at some point that the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
"I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you." Nietzsche
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Cats Meow, Coconut1, Here4Beer

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573420

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7685
  • Honor Medal 2010
There certainly is a good chance that it will go to hell in a handbasket (real quick) with
Biden and Kamala at the helm.
"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The following user(s) said Well Said: Polliyana, Jane R, oldal, Hoot N Annie, Here4Beer
Last edit: by Serena77.

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573422

• Rumbling Brook
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 112
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hmmm, well it's been that way with Trump & Pence really bad.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, TwistNShout, Yo, June62, Starfish, Coconut1

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573423

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7685
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rumbling Brook wrote: Hmmm, well it's been that way with Trump & Pence really bad.

We shall see what happens with Biden/Kamala ...time will tell.
"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The following user(s) said Well Said: oldal, Robin

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573433

• altshovel
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1513
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:

Rumbling Brook wrote: Hmmm, well it's been that way with Trump & Pence really bad.

We shall see what happens with Biden/Kamala ...time will tell.

Yeah, they will have a lot of clean up to do after this disastrous last four years. He's trying to turn over an election that he lost and he's doing criminal things to achieve that whether it works or not.
“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, kedro, TwistNShout, peejay26, Yo, Rumbling Brook, June62, Dunluce, Echo Whiskey, Coconut1

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573444

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2687
  • Honor Medal 2010

Coconut1 wrote: I am grieving for the loss of human rights and greater social cohesion in the US these days. Things have been decaying for years but have accelerated more and more over the past 10 yrs. We still have kind people and a barely functioning system of government, but things are bad.

From an outsiders view, US does seem very divided and some people have very polarised views.

Hopefully some healing and unity will come about once new government is in place - certainly Biden has made conciliatory messages in his speeches I have read and I think the standard is set from the top.
Unlike Trump who had a very combatative divisive style.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, kedro, TwistNShout, Yo, Echo Whiskey, Coconut1

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573451

• sciguy18
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 675
  • Honor Medal 2010
I’m not going to address this post by mentioning politics. I will just express the simplistic hope that people are able to display more compassion and empathy...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Serena77, Dunluce, Cats Meow

My country 2 weeks 6 days ago #3573631

• Annette
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Well said received: 1915
  • Honor Medal 2010

Coconut1 wrote: I am grieving for the loss of human rights and greater social cohesion in the US these days. Things have been decaying for years but have accelerated more and more over the past 10 yrs. We still have kind people and a barely functioning system of government, but things are bad.

Dont be ashamed, Coconut, no need for that.

Some people in your country should be ashamed for what they do, and to be honest, a lot of them are not even able to see what is going wrong, blinded by lies and conspiracies.

But as long as there are people who fight for their country and their democracy there is hope.

I live in a country that had the same problem about 80 years ago, and it managed to get back on its feet again, not willing to ever go back there. Even if there are some elements who think those days were better.

Your country will never get rid of the same kind of people neither, but as long as they are a minority and kept under surveillance your country will arise like a phoenix.

At least you got rid of the leader of the dispicable pack, that may help.

Good luck, and keep up the hope!
LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !
The following user(s) said Well Said: GerryM, Echo Whiskey, Starfish, Coconut1
Moderators: smilesrus10PascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds