Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners.

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 4 days ago #3342962

• Annette
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4245
  • Honor Medal 2010
"The NHS is in a state of perpetual crisis characterized by doctor shortages, long wait times, and rationing. The UK lost 441 general practitioners last year and had 11,576 unfilled vacancies for doctors as of last June."
fee.org/articles/why-the-uk-suddenly-is-...-physician-shortage/

When in need of a doctor: take it or leave it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rhett1, LoobyLoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 4 days ago #3342966

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10050
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: I think unless a doctor has been proven to be a bad doctor, that doctor should be alright unless
they try to tell you what church ideas you should believe to be the right one for you.

No doctor should be telling you what church, temple, synagogue,mosque etc is right for you - they are there to treat your medical issue, not to proselytise to you.

Would be amazed and shocked if any did that.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cestrian, Pats, Rips, Bruce, LoobyLoo

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 4 days ago #3342968

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5964
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: I think unless a doctor has been proven to be a bad doctor, that doctor should be alright unless
they try to tell you what church ideas you should believe to be the right one for you.

Eh I’ve never heard of such a thing !
Many doctors especially junior doctors have to work all the hours God sends ..if you think they’re got enough time to offer religious advice on top medical duties I think you’re mistaken...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, altshovel, cestrian, Pats, Vegemite Kid, Eira, Aida, Vienna, Serena77, Bruce and 1 other people also said thanks.

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 3 days ago #3343366

• Hu99
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 14
Everybody should have the right to choose whomever they’re comfortable with to be their doctor without being called a racist.

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 3 days ago #3343368

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10050
  • Honor Medal 2010
No, not really.

If your reasons are racist then we shouldn't be pretending they are not racist.

Just like I dont choose my shop assistant, bank teller, police, teacher etc etc on racial grounds and expect not to be called racist.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Rips

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 3 days ago #3343382

• Pottyanne
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 54
I have an accent, I am from Lancashire now living and working in New Zealand. People sometimes struggle to understand me as I do them, even though English is spoken in both countries. I am often stereotyped as pommie, whatever that means to the patient I am dealing with.
Without immigrant skilled workers our medical system would struggle, just the same as the NHS would struggle if it were to only have UK born and trained staff.
When I was in the UK there was an outcry when the Moslem women asked to be seen by a female doctor and have their husband chaperone them during examinations. That was many years ago and some of the doctors that are being singled out are probably born and raised in the UK, as it is a multi cultural society now.Therefore no accent.
If you want to choose your doctor pay medical insurance that enables you to do this

Last edit: by Pottyanne.

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 3 days ago #3343393

• Aussienan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 333
  • Honor Medal 2010
As long as they're good doctors I wouldn't care if they were purple and from mars.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Aida

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 3 days ago #3343426

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9852
  • Honor Medal 2010

Hu99 wrote: Everybody should have the right to choose whomever they’re comfortable with to be their doctor without being called a racist.

If you are choosing purely on racial grounds, then that is racism and you can expect to be called out.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, cestrian, Vegemite Kid, Aida, Rips

Happy to help.

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 3 days ago #3343477

• Aida
  • Aida's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8015
  • Honor Medal 2010

Hu99 wrote: Everybody should have the right to choose whomever they’re comfortable with to be their doctor without being called a racist.

Not on the NHS they shouldn't unless it for extremely strict religious or cultural reasons. My dermatologist has an accent I find difficult to understand. I ask him politely to write down salient points. He obliges.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members.

Patients refusing to be treated by non white / Muslim medical practitioners. 1 week 2 days ago #3343767

• NewTricks
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2099
  • Honor Medal 2010
So would posters consider it okay or not to ask for a different doctor if they were struggling to understand what the current doctor was saying?

Black, white pink with purple spots Muslim Sihk, Jew or Roman Catholic, can you reasonably ask for a different doctor if you can't understand them?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dennis 2

Better to be thought a fool........
than to open your mouth and prove it!
Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds