Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan 4 days 21 hours ago #3381730

• Aida
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8404
  • Honor Medal 2010
We should take into account the role Meghan’s father played in the media stories , for example, putting a personal letter from his daughter into the hands of a Sunday newspaper. He must have felt terribly aggrieved that he was cut out of the Royal wedding ceremony. Her estranged family will have a field day when they are in Canada.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Please Log in to join the conversation.

In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning.
Last edit: by Aida.

Harry and Meghan 4 days 20 hours ago #3381736

• wendeey
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2386
  • Honor Medal 2010
Aida wrote: Decent hard working Royals like Princess Anne don’t get a mention in the glamour obsessed media.

And whose fault is that, I'm sure all the royals would prefer pages and pages of all the good work they do, not for their benefit, but for the benefit of the charities they support.

But what do we get instead, pages and pages of speculation and gossip.

I personally would prefer to read about their charitable work.

Through their charitable work, thousands upon thousands is raised for people in poverty.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Harry and Meghan 4 days 20 hours ago #3381739

• wendeey
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2386
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: We should take into account the role Meghan’s father played in the media stories , for example, putting a personal letter from his daughter into the hands of a Sunday newspaper. He must have felt terribly aggrieved that he was cut out of the Royal wedding ceremony. Her estranged family will have a field day when they are in Canada.

As far as I was aware, he was invited to walk her down the aisle, but he was in hospital with a heart problem, so couldn't make it, so Charles walked her instead.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy

Harry and Meghan 4 days 17 hours ago #3381865

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1854
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:
We should take into account the role Meghan’s father played in the media stories , for example, putting a personal letter from his daughter into the hands of a Sunday newspaper. He must have felt terribly aggrieved that he was cut out of the Royal wedding ceremony. Her estranged family will have a field day when they are in Canada.

You probably understand why I'm prone to sticking up for Thomas Markle, even though it doesn't seem to achieve anything.

Meghan's mum has remained "out of the fray" hasn't she, though no doubt she'll have a view(?).

As my old dad used to say slighty whimsically or tongue in cheek: "Have your own way, you'll live a day longer!" (and that's what they're doing aren't they. :ohmy: .

Harry and Meghan 4 days 17 hours ago #3381885

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8960
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

Aida wrote:

You probably understand why I'm prone to sticking up for Thomas Markle, even though it doesn't seem to achieve anything.

Meghan's mum has remained "out of the fray" hasn't she, though no doubt she'll have a view(?).

As my old dad used to say slighty whimsically or tongue in cheek: "Have your own way, you'll live a day longer!" (and that's what they're doing aren't they. :ohmy: .

We should also remember who was instrumental in causing all that stress and upset in the first place - The Press!

There was Thomas Markle, living a quiet and secluded life, until the Press turned up on his doorstep and hounded him, taking unflattering photos of him going about his daily life, portraying him as an overweight slob who spent his days drinking cans of beer. Why did they do that?
The way the Press treated that man was appalling and it was the initial cause of all the stress and unpleasantness that followed.
The poor chap may never have had that heart attack if the Press hadn’t gone knocking on his door and he may not have ended up being estranged from his daughter.

The Press have a lot to answer for and they seem not to care how many lives they ruin.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, pascalou, Pats, wendeey, Vegemite Kid, Vienna, Meeooow

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

Harry and Meghan 4 days 16 hours ago #3381910

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4973
  • Honor Medal 2010
We will never understand the vagaries of family life unless we are part of it .
Meghans parents split & we know not why ?
Perhaps the girl took her Mothers part ,again we know not why .
So for my part ,I don"t care to apportion blame .
Maybe it was was all 6 of one & half a dozen of the other.
Don"t suppose we will be ever told .
Not that I am worried ,the two of them must live their lives as they see fit ., if they want to play the blame game -- their choice .
I wish them well . as I would with with any couple starting on their life together. Hope they make it 49 years as we have done
However , the road ahead , *May * be rocky .
smile
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, grahamg, Miesque, JUJO

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle
Last edit: by Topsy.

Harry and Meghan 4 days 15 hours ago #3381933

• Aida
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8404
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

grahamg wrote:

Aida wrote:

We should also remember who was instrumental in causing all that stress and upset in the first place - The Press!

There was Thomas Markle, living a quiet and secluded life, until the Press turned up on his doorstep and hounded him, taking unflattering photos of him going about his daily life, portraying him as an overweight slob who spent his days drinking cans of beer. Why did they do that?
The way the Press treated that man was appalling and it was the initial cause of all the stress and unpleasantness that followed.
The poor chap may never have had that heart attack if the Press hadn’t gone knocking on his door and he may not have ended up being estranged from his daughter.

The Press have a lot to answer for and they seem not to care how many lives they ruin.

Yes. The press were at fault on that occasion.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Meeooow

In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning.

Harry and Meghan 4 days 15 hours ago #3381949

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

Eira wrote:

grahamg wrote:

Aida wrote:

Yes. The press were at fault on that occasion.

I don"t think the press can be blamed all the time ,think Diana ,when it suited her she courted them when it didn"t she cold shouldered them , perhaps Harry & his bride have learn"t from her .
Who knows .
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Aida

Harry and Meghan 4 days 15 hours ago #3381953

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

Aida wrote:

*I don"t know why you are prone to sticking up for Thomas Markle ,Gramang.smile*

Last edit: by Topsy.

Harry and Meghan 4 days 13 hours ago #3381997

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1854
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

"If Thomas Markle loves his daughter", as I'm fully prepared to believe he does, then I think whatever criticism is made of the man, it should all be seen through that insight (I know people will jump to the conclusion "he mustn't love Maghan because of this or that action", but those same people probably have not seen the way these situations arise as I think I can claim I have, especially "first hand").

Last edit: by grahamg.
Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds