Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390382

• Mykle
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1340
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rips wrote:

Blackbird wrote:

JUJO wrote:

Vienna wrote: Thomas Markle is 75 years old and has a heart condition.
Not sure I understand why he wants to put himself in this stressful situation, when it seems to be so unnecessary.
What is he doing?

Trying his utmost to connect with his daughter,son in law and grandson,before god forbid anything happens to him.

From experience there comes a time when one has to call it a day! theres only so much rejection one can take before it causes major health issues with all the stress. Harry and Meghan dont want to know now so they sure as hell arent going to want to know when he is dead!

Just because there has been a falling out in a family it doesn’t mean they no longer care for each other .
Angry & hurt can cause a rift , that if not mending can and does lead to major regrets .
However I’m not saying Mr Markle has gone about things the right way or is acting purely out of love for his daughter and family .
My age has made me a tad sceptical; imo it’s all about money .

lol oh you are sceptical, MONEY is the root of all Evil .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390435

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

Vienna wrote: To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Before you imply what I said is a revolting remark read my post again. I said ‘From one of her good causes.’
I’m sick of the whole Meghan and Harry saga.

Apologies Aida ,I read it too quickly.

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390440

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8722
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

Aida wrote:

Vienna wrote: To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Before you imply what I said is a revolting remark read my post again. I said ‘From one of her good causes.’
I’m sick of the whole Meghan and Harry saga.

Apologies Aida ,I read it too quickly.

Apology accepted. I do it myself all the time.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390451

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1946
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:
Does anybody love the media..?

Do even those who say they hate the media stop watching it?

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390476

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3683
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

JUJO wrote:

Vienna wrote: Thomas Markle is 75 years old and has a heart condition.
Not sure I understand why he wants to put himself in this stressful situation, when it seems to be so unnecessary.
What is he doing?

Trying his utmost to connect with his daughter,son in law and grandson,before god forbid anything happens to him.

Yes but maybe he should try to connect with them in private .
I think that the stress of being in the spotlight could result in a more serious outcome for him.

Totally agree, I think he is at his wits end,not knowing what else to do.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390483

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Honor Medal 2010
JUJO Wrote: I think he is at his wits end,not knowing what else to do.

I think the problem is of his own making, and I doubt that Harry and Meghan are to blame in any way.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mykle

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390487

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3683
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: JUJO Wrote: I think he is at his wits end,not knowing what else to do.

I think the problem is of his own making, and I doubt that Harry and Meghan are to blame in any way.

Heartbreaking, to think it has come to this, if they had all come together much earlier and discussed everything,things would never have been this bad,This is their own personal business,that should be discussed between them all,not for the whole world to know everything.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390509

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Vienna wrote: JUJO Wrote: I think he is at his wits end,not knowing what else to do.

Heartbreaking, to think it has come to this, if they had all come together much earlier and discussed everything,things would never have been this bad,This is their own personal business,that should be discussed between them all,not for the whole world to know everything.

On his own admission Meghan has helped her father out financially on occasions. Maybe after her marriage this was frowned upon because of Royal protocol, even though she is wealthy in her own right. Maybe she finds him embarrassing. Who knows? He accused H and M of cheapening the institute of the Royal Family. I seem to recall a comparison with Walmart. So what is he doing by washing dirty linen in public just because he has been rebuffed. Maybe he is at his wits end and this is attention seeking behaviour.

Meghan used to be married to Trevor Engleson, film director / producer. Fortunately he has been extremely discreet . I believe his present wife is an heiress and they are happily married. Maybe happiness or lack of it is the key to this sad family breakdown.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rips

Last edit: by Aida.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3391423

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1946
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

JUJO wrote:

On his own admission Meghan has helped her father out financially on occasions. Maybe after her marriage this was frowned upon because of Royal protocol, even though she is wealthy in her own right. Maybe she finds him embarrassing. Who knows? He accused H and M of cheapening the institute of the Royal Family. I seem to recall a comparison with Walmart. So what is he doing by washing dirty linen in public just because he has been rebuffed. Maybe he is at his wits end and this is attention seeking behaviour.

Meghan used to be married to Trevor Engleson, film director / producer. Fortunately he has been extremely discreet . I believe his present wife is an heiress and they are happily married. Maybe happiness or lack of it is the key to this sad family breakdown.

You know I have a different take on all this, and I would like to see more widespread support for Thomas Markle's position, (maybe this wont happen until after he's dead, and Meghan and Harry have split and there is acrimony between the two of them - something to look forward to there!!!!! ).

However, looking solely at Harry's part in the debacle between Meghan and her dad, he has only heard one side of the story hasn't he, or chosen to hear only one side(?). There are many men ready to jump to conclusions when hearing the story put out by a beautiful woman, and Harry looks like another one, and I doubt he's really interested so much in the truth, as in supporting his then girlfriend and now wife, and mother to his child (he choose not to go to see Meghan's dad before announcing the engagement didn't he, whilst Prince Charles in his day, actually asked permission for Earl Spencer to marry Diana didn't he).

I maybe foolishly think we all play a part in the way generally decent dads, or at least those who at one time did all they felt they could and certainly loved their children, are treated, because societal attitudes do have a bearing here. Meghan Markle obviously considers her public image a great deal, and "if I had my way", she would not only receive direct criticism for her part in the breakdown of relations with her father, but be asked to questions as to why she chooses to be heartless. I know the young woman has a lot on her plate, and probably is feeling wounded right now, but if heredity means anything, then any character flaws in the father may well yet be shown in his child, and there will be a worldwide audience, should she continue her forthcoming court battle with the newspapers.
The following user(s) said Well Said: bryoney

Harry and Meghan 2 months 6 days ago #3391451

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Prince and the showgirl : what revelations will come with the next episode ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dree

Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds