Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390327

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3667
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: Thomas Markle is 75 years old and has a heart condition.
Not sure I understand why he wants to put himself in this stressful situation, when it seems to be so unnecessary.
What is he doing?

Trying his utmost to connect with his daughter,son in law and grandson,before god forbid anything happens to him.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390337

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5181
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Not sure I understand why he wants to put himself in this stressful situation, when it seems to be so unnecessary.
What is he doing?

Trying his utmost to connect with his daughter,son in law and grandson,before god forbid anything happens to him.

Yes but maybe he should try to connect with them in private .
I think that the stress of being in the spotlight could result in a more serious outcome for him.

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390342

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9781
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote:

Vienna wrote: To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Aida didn't say Meghan would be taking the same photos, she said she'd be posting photos of her chosen charity photos as if it's Meghan and Harry trying to make a competition out of it. It's not them that's making the competition, it's the press that are doing so. But again Harry and Meghan get the blame. I think it's brilliant that they're supporting so many different charities.

I was just thinking the same thing when I read your extract from the Daily Mail article about Twitter follower numbers etc - some of the media are portraying this as some kind of tit for tat competition, as if they are kids in a playground.
I don’t suppose either couple are trying to steal the limelight from the other - it has probably never crossed their mind - they are just getting on with building up their own social media following in order to publicise the particular good causes they are each working for, as they have all agreed to do.

The Cambridges and the Sussexes are both going to be posting stuff about the charitable causes they are supporting - the reason charities like to have a patron with a public profile is because they can raise the charity profile by publicising their work and raising public awareness of their cause.

I wish the media would put down their wooden spoons and grow up - it’s not only childish, it’s also mean-spirited.

Why won’t the reporters choose to help these charities and good causes by focusing their reports on the charities and good causes each couple is trying to raise awareness of. Instead, they keep dragging attention away from the charities and diverting it some imaginary battle between the couples to gain “social media supremacy”
It’s not a competition or a battle where online users have to pick a side - users can follow both sites if they want and if the press want to do their bit for charity they would encourage support for both and stop trying to create division.
I expect both couples would be delighted if Social media users liked and followed both of their media sites and they would be delighted if everyone supported and shared all the charity events they are promoting between them.
This attempt by the press to make out the couples are vying and competing against each other for “followers” is pathetic and not at all helpful to anybody.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, Pats, wendeey, Vegemite Kid, Taner

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390347

• Aida
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8726
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

JUJO wrote:

What is he doing?

I think that the stress of being in the spotlight could result in a more serious outcome for him.

Or is he trying to make as much money as he can before the public interest in this young couple ‘goes off the boil?’
The following user(s) said Well Said: Taner

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.
Last edit: by Aida.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390350

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2726
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

wendeey wrote:

Vienna wrote: To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Aida didn't say Meghan would be taking the same photos, she said she'd be posting photos of her chosen charity photos as if it's Meghan and Harry trying to make a competition out of it. It's not them that's making the competition, it's the press that are doing so. But again Harry and Meghan get the blame. I think it's brilliant that they're supporting so many different charities.

I was just thinking the same thing when I read your extract from the Daily Mail article about Twitter follower numbers etc - some of the media are portraying this as some kind of tit for tat competition, as if they are kids in a playground.
I don’t suppose either couple are trying to steal the limelight from the other - it has probably never crossed their mind - they are just getting on with building up their own social media following in order to publicise the particular good causes they are each working for, as they have all agreed to do.

The Cambridges and the Sussexes are both going to be posting stuff about the charitable causes they are supporting - the reason charities like to have a patron with a public profile is because they can raise the charity profile by publicising their work and raising public awareness of their cause.

I wish the media would put down their wooden spoons and grow up - it’s not only childish, it’s also mean-spirited.

Why won’t the reporters choose to help these charities and good causes by focusing their reports on the charities and good causes each couple is trying to raise awareness of. Instead, they keep dragging attention away from the charities and diverting it some imaginary battle between the couples to gain “social media supremacy”
It’s not a competition or a battle where online users have to pick a side - users can follow both sites if they want and if the press want to do their bit for charity they would encourage support for both and stop trying to create division.
I expect both couples would be delighted if Social media users liked and followed both of their media sites and they would be delighted if everyone supported and shared all the charity events they are promoting between them.
This attempt by the press to make out the couples are vying and competing against each other for “followers” is pathetic and not at all helpful to anybody.

My thoughts entirely and my point in posting that was because a few posts before that I was saying how the newspapers/media were losing their readers and advertisers to social media. And was just giving that as an example of that and why I added on the bottom:

Haven't a clue how any of this works, but instead of using the media this is the way things are going. That goes for charities, businesses, politics, etc.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390352

• Aida
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8726
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

wendeey wrote:

We need to take into account the stance of interviewers such as Piers Morgan . He is fairly open about the fact that he doesn’t like Meghan.

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390353

• Blackbird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

JUJO wrote:

What is he doing?

From experience there comes a time when one has to call it a day! theres only so much rejection one can take before it causes major health issues with all the stress. Harry and Meghan dont want to know now so they sure as hell arent going to want to know when he is dead!

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390363

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6557
  • Honor Medal 2010

Blackbird wrote:

JUJO wrote:

What is he doing?

From experience there comes a time when one has to call it a day! theres only so much rejection one can take before it causes major health issues with all the stress. Harry and Meghan dont want to know now so they sure as hell arent going to want to know when he is dead!

Just because there has been a falling out in a family it doesn’t mean they no longer care for each other .
Angry & hurt can cause a rift , that if not mending can and does lead to major regrets .
However I’m not saying Mr Markle has gone about things the right way or is acting purely out of love for his daughter and family .
My age has made me a tad sceptical; imo it’s all about money .
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie, Aida, Taner

Last edit: by Rips.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390365

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5181
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

Vienna wrote:

JUJO wrote:

What is he doing?

Or is he trying to make as much money as he can before the public interest in this young couple ‘goes off the boil?’

Very likely.
I think that health comes before money - with his health problems, sadly, he may not live long enough to 'enjoy' it.
Not worth putting himself under that sort of pressure.

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..
Last edit: by Vienna.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 2 days ago #3390372

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10573
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

What is he doing?

Only resulting in alienating them further I shouldn’t wonder.:unsure:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie

Happy to help.
Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds