Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390225

• General Custard
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 178
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote: Obtained from: www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-79309...ision-step-down.html

The Belgian Prince has defended Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to step down as a senior royal, saying 'a person should not be property of his family of the state'.

Prince Laurent, 56, who is the younger brother of King Philippe, and is related to Queen Elizabeth, said the treatment of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was 'unacceptable'.

Speaking to Belgium newspaper Sudpresse, he said: 'Prince Harry's decision proves one thing.

'You are an object. That is unacceptable. A person should not be the property of his family or a government. Or you should be compensated for it. That's why I never agreed with it myself. And I was punished for that.

One parasite defending another parasite?..for heavens sake!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390229

• Blackbird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just been listening to yet another interview between Piers Morgan and Mr Markle, Markle said he keeps doing interviews to try and get a response from Meghan as he has tried ways of contacting her and not getting a reply. Markle is certainly pushing her further away by doing these interviews, there comes a time in estranged families where you have to walk away and Markle needs to walk away. I feel there is more 'behind closed doors' stuff going on in this situation that we dont know about.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390230

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6551
  • Honor Medal 2010
Who really give a toss H&M have gone other than his close family.
The excitement was in the announcement and the queen Charles & William making sure they didn't run off with the Crown Jewels, other than that ...boring!
Other Royals could should consider emigrating as a career.
The following user(s) said Well Said: sandoval, Aida

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390244

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9681
  • Honor Medal 2010

Blackbird wrote: Just been listening to yet another interview between Piers Morgan and Mr Markle, Markle said he keeps doing interviews to try and get a response from Meghan as he has tried ways of contacting her and not getting a reply. Markle is certainly pushing her further away by doing these interviews, there comes a time in estranged families where you have to walk away and Markle needs to walk away. I feel there is more 'behind closed doors' stuff going on in this situation that we dont know about.

well, he isnt going to say he keeps doing interviews because he keeps getting money for them wink.png

if he really wants a reconciliation he seems going about it entirely the wrong way.:unsure:

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390247

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3683
  • Honor Medal 2010

Blackbird wrote: Just been listening to yet another interview between Piers Morgan and Mr Markle, Markle said he keeps doing interviews to try and get a response from Meghan as he has tried ways of contacting her and not getting a reply. Markle is certainly pushing her further away by doing these interviews, there comes a time in estranged families where you have to walk away and Markle needs to walk away. I feel there is more 'behind closed doors' stuff going on in this situation that we dont know about.

Like you Blackbird, I too watched this interview between Piers Morgan and Thomas Markle, I find it really difficult to understand how a daughter can turn her back on her own father without proper reasons,why does her father need to produce medical evidence over his illness when they got married,was his word not good enough?
Both my parents are dead,never ever would I ask them for medical evidence,I would believe their words.
There is good and bad on both sides, this all could have been avoided,if Megan had been mature enough to sit down and listen to her father views, and he listen to her views,the whole world didn’t have to know about their private business.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390290

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8722
  • Honor Medal 2010
I saw some beautiful photographs taken by Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, of holocaust survivors. She’s a good photographer.
Watch this space : next thing you know Meghan will be copying this and posting photographs of chosen ones from her good causes on social media so as not to be outdone.
That’s what it has come down to. Very sad and cheap ! Who cares if Meghan and Harry have more followers on social media ? What absolute rubbish this social media war is. It’s not real !

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.
Last edit: by Aida.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390297

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Honor Medal 2010
To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390300

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2782
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Aida didn't say Meghan would be taking the same photos, she said she'd be posting photos of her chosen charity photos as if it's Meghan and Harry trying to make a competition out of it. It's not them that's making the competition, it's the press that are doing so. But again Harry and Meghan get the blame. I think it's brilliant that they're supporting so many different charities.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390307

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thomas Markle is 75 years old and has a heart condition.
Not sure I understand why he wants to put himself in this stressful situation, when it seems to be so unnecessary.
What is he doing?

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3390316

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8722
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: To suggest that Meghan would take photos of holocaust survivors to copy Kate, is probably one of the most revolting remarks so far that I have read.

Before you imply what I said is a revolting remark read my post again. I said ‘From one of her good causes.’
I’m sick of the whole Meghan and Harry saga.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R, Rips

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.
Last edit: by Aida.
Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds