Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388554

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9889
  • Honor Medal 2010
Something which shocked me in that interview - and I think I must have misheard it or misunderstood - was that Mr Markle said he was getting paid to be a defence witness for the newspaper in the upcoming trial.
I keep thinking I must have misunderstood that - surely, it would be against the rules of justice to pay witnesses to give evidence in a trial, even if it is a trial under civil law?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388623

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2782
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote: Something which shocked me in that interview - and I think I must have misheard it or misunderstood - was that Mr Markle said he was getting paid to be a defence witness for the newspaper in the upcoming trial.
I keep thinking I must have misunderstood that - surely, it would be against the rules of justice to pay witnesses to give evidence in a trial, even if it is a trial under civil law?

Haven't heard that one or can't remember seeing it, but there was so much within it I'm sure some people would have seen some things and missed others. Maybe he said they were paying his expenses. Hopefully, somebody will watch out for it and clear it up.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388651

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9889
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote:

Eira wrote: Something which shocked me in that interview - and I think I must have misheard it or misunderstood - was that Mr Markle said he was getting paid to be a defence witness for the newspaper in the upcoming trial.

Haven't heard that one or can't remember seeing it, but there was so much within it I'm sure some people would have seen some things and missed others. Maybe he said they were paying his expenses. Hopefully, somebody will watch out for it and clear it up.

Actually, I think I did misunderstand the conversation - I just had a quick look back on my catch up tv thing to check.
They were talking about the release of the letter and the court case about it, then he went on to say he was going to defend himself and take payment for it and, the way it was worded, I thought he was talking about the court case but he probably meant take payment for that documentary and other media interviews.

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388657

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8722
  • Honor Medal 2010
They have a hatred of the media ? Yeah, right. Wonder what they would do if they were completely ignored by the media because people lost interest ?
Is Meghan’s dad in any way concerned that his part in this ‘kerfuffle’ may be killing off the goose that lays the golden egg ?

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.
Last edit: by Aida.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388668

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Honor Medal 2010
Does anybody love the media..?

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388681

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: They have a hatred of the media ? Yeah, right. Wonder what they would do if they were completely ignored by the media because people lost interest ?
Is Meghan’s dad in any way concerned that his part in this ‘kerfuffle’ may be killing off the goose that lays the golden egg ?

Aida think everything is thought differently these days, I'm still old school, but social media has taken over from the newspapers. I keep reading how Harry and Meghan are catching William and Kate up on Twitter and the papers are reporting things from Twitter or their website regarding Harry and Meghan.

Don't ask me how it all works, but that's the way things are going. Wouldn't be surprised if one day the newspapers and even the online ones will be a thing of the past as even advertisers are advertising on social media rather than the papers and everybody are a load of stalkers coz they keep following each other around lol

During the election think more was done on social media than through the normal press, but it was reported on through the press.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388723

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
This is more like it: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7926171...ed-Prince-Harry.html

Meghan Markle posts MORE pictures of her doing good works on Instagram and highlights charity trips she made even BEFORE she married Prince Harry

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3389818

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10676
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: They have a hatred of the media ? Yeah, right. Wonder what they would do if they were completely ignored by the media because people lost interest?

I imaging they would be pleased and be able to go about their private business like the rest of us can.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vegemite Kid, Vienna

Happy to help.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3389952

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Obtained from: www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-79308...-Kate-Middleton.html

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have hit 11.1 million followers on Instagram, overtaking the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge just a few days after they broke even with the couple at 11 million followers.

This is despite the Cambridges' account Kensington Royal being around for much longer, while the Sussexes only started their account last April.

While Kate and William have shared 1,982 posts, Harry and Meghan have only posted 185 times since last April.

The Kensington Royal account gets an average of 300,000 likes for their posts, with statement posts including Kate Middleton's birthday racking up 1.2 million likes.

Meanwhile Sussex Royal gets a similar average, but their recent post announcing they would be stepping down garnered almost 2 million likes from supportive fans.

While William and Kate's account follows just under 100 people, Harry and Meghan follow new accounts each month to highlight charitable causes.

Haven't a clue how any of this works, but instead of using the media this is the way things are going. That goes for charities, businesses, politics, etc.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3389961

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Obtained from: www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-79309...ision-step-down.html

The Belgian Prince has defended Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to step down as a senior royal, saying 'a person should not be property of his family of the state'.

Prince Laurent, 56, who is the younger brother of King Philippe, and is related to Queen Elizabeth, said the treatment of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was 'unacceptable'.

Speaking to Belgium newspaper Sudpresse, he said: 'Prince Harry's decision proves one thing.

'You are an object. That is unacceptable. A person should not be the property of his family or a government. Or you should be compensated for it. That's why I never agreed with it myself. And I was punished for that.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou

Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds