Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388407

  • wendeey
  • wendeey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2455
  • Well said received: 2782
  • Points: 91745
  • Honor Medal 2010
This is the article and the discussion regarding the show is towards the end: www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1232412/meg...oyal-family-news-spt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388471

  • KayyGee
  • KayyGee's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2489
  • Well said received: 3735
  • Points: 438664
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes that is the show, it ran for some 11 seasons, Al Bundy was a misogynist, a womaniser and desperate for his wife's favors or those of any woman who'd look at him for more than a few seconds. It was all played out through innuendo and smirks giggles and satire. Al never succeeded in anything he fantasied about but, as was said in another thread "All men are Pigs" and he was well in the trough, but in the end not blamed for trying, and he always came home to Peggy in the end. It was a show for its time (1987-1997) and yes it had some interesting guest appearances. In addition it was filmed in front of a live audience. Here's part of the Traci Lords appearance:

Married with Children

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KayyGee.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388496

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 4056
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Points: 99374
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

Vienna wrote:
Not wishing to rub salt into the wound, but from what I have read this morning it seems TM's interview hasn't done him any favours.
More Meghan supporters out there now.


You are right about one thing, and that is Meghan Markle will have many more supporters than Thomas Markle, so there is an imbalance there as to how many are remaining "neutral" but more importantly an imbalance between them, and I'd argue the way parents and their children are viewed in general across western societies, where "reverence for age", "respect for those who have contributed to our lives" dont enter our collective consciousness. :dry: .



From what I gather, Meghan supporters are saying how disgusted they are that her father has 'bared all' in an interview that was seen by millions of people, knowing that his daughter is in a position where she cannot easily defend herself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..
Last edit: by Vienna.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388498

  • Jane R
  • Jane R's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2934
  • Well said received: 5767
  • Points: 152973
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

grahamg wrote:

Vienna wrote:
Not wishing to rub salt into the wound, but from what I have read this morning it seems TM's interview hasn't done him any favours.
More Meghan supporters out there now.


You are right about one thing, and that is Meghan Markle will have many more supporters than Thomas Markle, so there is an imbalance there as to how many are remaining "neutral" but more importantly an imbalance between them, and I'd argue the way parents and their children are viewed in general across western societies, where "reverence for age", "respect for those who have contributed to our lives" dont enter our collective consciousness. :dry: .



From what I gather, Meghan supporters are saying how disgusted they are that her father has 'bared all' in an interview that was seen by millions of people, knowing that his daughter is in a position where she cannot easily defend herself.


I belong to two other forums and the majority on both feel for and support Mr Markel - after seeing the documentary,
Having recorded the programme I've yet to watch it so will refrain from comment on that particular item.
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388502

  • Meeooow
  • Meeooow's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2601
  • Well said received: 5519
  • Points: 5868
  • Honor Medal 2010
Toxic lying Markle family. Green with jealousy and avaricious to the point of resorting to gutter behaviour. Thomas Markle is a distant cousin to the Kings of England, he should behave like it.
If he is so bothered about what he perceives Meghan to be doing in bringing down the throne of England, he should use some restraint, he is digging a very deep hole for himself.
In contrast, Doria, Meghans mother has acted with dignity, a true reflection of Meghan.

Meghans brother Thomas Markle Jr then:

Why Meghan Markle’s Brother Is Begging Prince Harry to Cancel Royal Wedding


Meghans brother Now.

Brother Of Prince Harry's Girlfriend Apologizes To Royal Family After His Arrest

-toxic

It was Harry and not Meghan.
We Finally Understand Why Meghan and Harry Left the Palace

Did anyone notice the absence of Harry and Meghan's photo when the Queen gave her Christmas speech in 2019?

The powerful forces that Harry speaks of may not be the paparazzi, very dark forces were involved in his mother Diana's death.

They are on the run, like fugitives.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
Last edit: by Meeooow.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388513

  • Jane R
  • Jane R's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2934
  • Well said received: 5767
  • Points: 152973
  • Honor Medal 2010
Millions across the UK and Europe are distant cousins of the Kings of England, - or should I say Edward III in particular. I hope Mr Markel doesn't model himself on them, quite a lot of scoundrels there! lol

I think the absence of any pics of H and M when The Queen gave her Christmas message was probably due to foreknowledge ( discussions had been going on for months) that they would not be playing much of a part in Royal life in the near future.
I don't agree that dark forces are out to get them at all.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388525

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 4056
  • Well said received: 5215
  • Points: 99374
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote:

Vienna wrote:

grahamg wrote:

Vienna wrote:
Not wishing to rub salt into the wound, but from what I have read this morning it seems TM's interview hasn't done him any favours.
More Meghan supporters out there now.


You are right about one thing, and that is Meghan Markle will have many more supporters than Thomas Markle, so there is an imbalance there as to how many are remaining "neutral" but more importantly an imbalance between them, and I'd argue the way parents and their children are viewed in general across western societies, where "reverence for age", "respect for those who have contributed to our lives" dont enter our collective consciousness. :dry: .



From what I gather, Meghan supporters are saying how disgusted they are that her father has 'bared all' in an interview that was seen by millions of people, knowing that his daughter is in a position where she cannot easily defend herself.


I belong to two other forums and the majority on both feel for and support Mr Markel - after seeing the documentary,
Having recorded the programme I've yet to watch it so will refrain from comment on that particular item.[/quote


Looking on various social media sites yesterday it was apparent that TM's interview hadn't done him any favours at all, shame he didn't take the advice he was given initially.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late..

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388537

  • Jane R
  • Jane R's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2934
  • Well said received: 5767
  • Points: 152973
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote: This is the article and the discussion regarding the show is towards the end: www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1232412/meg...oyal-family-news-spt


I can see why you might have thought it verged on porn Wendeey. It sounds like a grubby place to take a little child - mine wouldn't get within miles of it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388538

  • wendeey
  • wendeey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2455
  • Well said received: 2782
  • Points: 91745
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote:

Vienna wrote:

grahamg wrote:

Vienna wrote:
Not wishing to rub salt into the wound, but from what I have read this morning it seems TM's interview hasn't done him any favours.
More Meghan supporters out there now.


You are right about one thing, and that is Meghan Markle will have many more supporters than Thomas Markle, so there is an imbalance there as to how many are remaining "neutral" but more importantly an imbalance between them, and I'd argue the way parents and their children are viewed in general across western societies, where "reverence for age", "respect for those who have contributed to our lives" dont enter our collective consciousness. :dry: .



From what I gather, Meghan supporters are saying how disgusted they are that her father has 'bared all' in an interview that was seen by millions of people, knowing that his daughter is in a position where she cannot easily defend herself.


I belong to two other forums and the majority on both feel for and support Mr Markel - after seeing the documentary,
Having recorded the programme I've yet to watch it so will refrain from comment on that particular item.


I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after watching it. Warning though make sure when you watch it, there's no distractions so you can listen to it all properly and you also have to watch out for words going across the screen which if you blink you could miss.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meghan 2 months 1 week ago #3388543

  • wendeey
  • wendeey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2455
  • Well said received: 2782
  • Points: 91745
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote:

wendeey wrote: This is the article and the discussion regarding the show is towards the end: www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1232412/meg...oyal-family-news-spt


I can see why you might have thought it verged on porn Wendeey. It sounds like a grubby place to take a little child - mine wouldn't get within miles of it.


Reading through the posts, I think it probably is the show we are all thinking of, but it's just the way the Express have reported on it.

This is what I'm worrying about for the father, don't think he realises what he's let himself in for, some papers will be showing him in a good light, but others will be after his blood.

I know you haven't seen the programme yet, but you must have gathered there are some lies within it. I read the write up about it in the Daily Mail yesterday (the paper Harry and Meghan are taking to court) and there wasn't one mention regarding the lies.

I also noticed a post on here (think it was Blackbird's) where she said she'd seen the programme editor or similar, showing him in a bad light on the Jeremy Vine show.

All I can say, is I stick by my original stance, the press/media are vultures.
The following user(s) said Well Said: KayyGee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by wendeey.
Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.