Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Harry and Meaghan

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 13 hours ago #3271921

• wendeey
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1662
  • Honor Medal 2010
Remember when William and Kate were first married and somebody took photos with a long lens of her sunbathing topless in the privacy of wherever they were staying.

Why are the press so sick and why are people so sick that they actually buy or interested in those sort of publications.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Polliyana, Eira, Topsy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 13 hours ago #3271928

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8433
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote: Remember when William and Kate were first married and somebody took photos with a long lens of her sunbathing topless in the privacy of wherever they were staying.

Why are the press so sick and why are people so sick that they actually buy or interested in those sort of publications.

I do remember.

I also remember them doing the same stuff to the women that Prince Charles and Prince Andrew married.
Playing them off against each other, with praise for one and criticism of the other - build someone up, then knock them down, they even hyped up alleged rifts between Diana and Sarah, as they are doing now with Kate & Meghan.

Right now, I’m getting a horrible feeling of deja vu, with the way the press and social media are carrying on.
I bet William and Harry are feeling that too - they’ve seen it all before while they were growing up and got dragged into it, seeing how much hurt it caused their family - and folk wonder why these two young men are trying to carefully guard the privacy of their wives and children,

Fair enough to cover their public appearances and events, in the course of their job, but I wish they’d give them all a break and allow them some privacy to raise their families in peace.
Let us not see history repeat itself,
The following user(s) said Well Said: wendeey

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 13 hours ago #3271939

• Topsy
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4324
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

wendeey wrote: Remember when William and Kate were first married and somebody took photos with a long lens of her sunbathing topless in the privacy of wherever they were staying.

I do remember.

I also remember them doing the same stuff to the women that Prince Charles and Prince Andrew married.
Playing them off against each other, with praise for one and criticism of the other - build someone up, then knock them down, they even hyped up alleged rifts between Diana and Sarah, as they are doing now with Kate & Meghan.

Right now, I’m getting a horrible feeling of deja vu, with the way the press and social media are carrying on.
I bet William and Harry are feeling that too - they’ve seen it all before while they were growing up and got dragged into it, seeing how much hurt it caused their family - and folk wonder why these two young men are trying to carefully guard the privacy of their wives and children,

Fair enough to cover their public appearances and events, in the course of their job, but I wish they’d give them all a break and allow them some privacy to raise their families in peace.
Let us not see history repeat itself,

I agree , however history has a sad way of repeating itself ,that"s why people should be aware & guard their behaviour ,specially in the royal family. I would imagine [well I know ,DOW,Fergie to name two,the royal nanny of Elizabeth & Margaret,who wrote a book ]were cast out, they have no compassion IMo .
Still hope it works out for Meghan[as long as she toes the line ]
Smile

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 12 hours ago #3271990

• Jane R
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5244
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: What is " this way " ??

Sitting in splendid isolation at Wimbledon. What was that all about?

To be clear after reading the latest posts on here, I have not read anything in my usual paper criticising Meghan for how she held Archie, nor have I seen anything on social media (Twitter) - that's not to say there is no carping, I just have not seen such. I thought the pics of Meghan, Kate and the children were delightful as usual.

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 12 hours ago #3271996

• wendeey
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote:

To be clear after reading the latest posts on here, I have not read anything in my usual paper criticising Meghan for how she held Archie, nor have I seen anything on social media (Twitter) - that's not to say there is no carping, I just have not seen such. I thought the pics of Meghan, Kate and the children were delightful as usual.

Don't think any of the papers criticised her about that, they were just reporting about what was being said on social media. This is one: www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1152170/Meg...markle-pictures-polo

MEGHAN Markle fans have leapt to the defence of the Duchess of Sussex after cruel trolls shamed for the way she held her baby Archie Harrison.

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 9 hours ago #3272107

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4110
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote:

Maybe the photo was taken before other spectators arrived...

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 8 hours ago #3272145

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11402
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Topsy wrote:

JUJO wrote: The media have been shaming Meaghan on how she was carrying her baby Archie.

Why ? if that is the case , not on TBH

According to media, she wasn’t holding the baby correctly,

How incredibly petty and ridiculous. :blink:

as if there is one only perfect way to hold a baby.

Incidentally I easily found multiple references to this on 10 second google - and all paediatricians and actual child experts were saying same as me - there is not one way and she was doing fine.

Only spiteful trolls were making anything of this.

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 8 hours ago #3272147

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11402
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

Jane R wrote:

Maybe the photo was taken before other spectators arrived...

Yes it was probably about the media selectively using a photo to create an impression without bothering with the full facts.

Like Eira said and I said earlier, we've seen all this before - particularly with Fergie and Dianna - where the media chooses one darling and then makes a big deal out of alleged rifts and any tiny 'non perfect' thing like clothing choices etc of the non favoured one.

and it doesnt take much imagination to see the media is going to make the white Engish princess be the winner.

Such lazy sloppy journalism - but lazy and sloppy of us too if we dont see what is happening.

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 2 hours ago #3272281

• General Custard
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 109
Well done Meghan, keep up the great work!.....you are the greatest recruit sergeant the Republicans ever had, god knows how many hundreds or even thousands you have recruited to their cause!.....pompous idiot!!

Harry and Meaghan 5 days 56 minutes ago #3272333

• wendeey
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Vegemite Kid wrote: and it doesnt take much imagination to see the media is going to make the white Engish princess be the winner.

Wow I can't believe I've just read that, has racist overtones to me.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Polliyana, Topsy

Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds