Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192526

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4399
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aries1950 wrote: We all that have brains knew that. If it wasn't for the NRA and all of the heartless Republicans who care more about being re-elected, with the help of NRA election donations, than banning assault weapons, and keeping guns out of the hands of people who should never have them, all states would have a lot less shootings.

When President Obama tried to get stricter gun laws after the slaughter of innocents at Sandy Hook, the cruel and heartless Republicans who are in the back pocket of the NRA, voted against it. It was the final proof that Republicans and Conservatives don't care how many of their fellow Americans die, as long as the assault weapons manufacturers keep giving money to the NRA, who in turn will pass some of that money to their re-elections.

Then you have disgusting creatures like Alex Jones who say Sandy Hook was simply a hoax staged by President Obama. This is the main reason I hate Conservatives and right wing Republicans, and proof that they are hypocrites when they preach about preserving life.

A question for you A. when Obama was Illinois gov and with then inforce laws so strict there why do they have such a problem? He sure could have cleaned his state up more, same for several other well known states and towns, and 1 more prior to cooking here for you, seem to mention the specific horrific instances yes but what about the daily things in the tightest controlled cites daily happening? Guess they don't meet your approval they sure have the tight laws, it may make one thing some just do not obey them don't it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192857

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4347
  • Honor Medal 2010
I mean I know I'm not from the US so how would I know, but when was Obama Governor of Illinois, I mean I knew he was a Senator, but Governor, but I'll take your word as you're from the US and would certainly know.

On the question regarding why the gun violence in Chicago and its surrounds is so high, it has been well documented it because of the lax gun laws in the surrounding gun loving States like Pence's Indiana, Missouri and Kentucky, that's where all the guns come from.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mary Mary

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192879

• Gabby Hayes
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4986
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: I mean I know I'm not from the US so how would I know, but when was Obama Governor of Illinois, I mean I knew he was a Senator, but Governor, but I'll take your word as you're from the US and would certainly know.

On the question regarding why the gun violence in Chicago and its surrounds is so high, it has been well documented it because of the lax gun laws in the surrounding gun loving States like Pence's Indiana, Missouri and Kentucky, that's where all the guns come from.

Obama was governor back when Jeremiah Wright Jr. was mayor of Chicago. Chicago generally runs the state anyway, so that's probably why many don't know this. smile.png

As for the "well documented" bit – Hogwash! Why is it that liberals and Democrats always point their fingers elsewhere when things are looking bad for them? Following that line of thinking, America's gun violence stems from Canada and Mexico outlawing guns years back, driving their people to sell their arms to us poor peace-loving Americans.

Besides, if Indiana, Missouri and Kentucky are so awash in guns that they can afford to sell their excess to Chicagoinians, those states must have gun crime rates that far exceed anything seen in Chicago. Nope. They didn't call the Thompson submachine gun the "Chicago typewriter" for no reason. smile.png

But in a way you're correct. Since Chicago proper has, until very recently anyway, completely outlawed gun stores within city limits. EVERY gun found there, legal or otherwise, has to have come from outside the city. smile.png

Emergencies have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Last edit: by Gabby Hayes.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192889

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I could be mistaken on the governor care less really, just from memory, maybe my wrong there if so my fault totally.

But when you factor in about 5-6 more well known cities and Chicago is not even the worst at all you develop a very plain clear pattern said before to deaf ears here many times but very true. OK now the real issue why do states with very lax firearm laws have so much less criminal activities as these?

Ok using your info if I may here: States like Pence's Indiana, Missouri and Kentucky, that's where all the guns come from. Admitted they are much less restrictive than Chicago why do they not have the ultra high gun crime as Illinois?

All the high crime areas have very similar traits including very restrictive laws the less restrictive do not seem to have the same problems, don't click does it unless something else comes into the situation.

Take my area we have blacks & Mexicans and others here we have very little crime, surrounding states not restrictive well maybe NM or parts of it don't add up well there does it. We are not high income based big city rich far from it here, mostly rural redneck country hick ranchers as we are called and much worse, lots of firearms yet little crime. I go visit some of my non white skin friends and their area is just fine here all gun owners also.
It just don't add up unless more to it. Wonder what causes all the problems .
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Robin

Last edit: by Dennis 2.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192892

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/...m_term=.8db8f2aeb516

www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/chica...-2017-454016983.html

www.usnews.com/news/best-states/illinois...guns-and-murder-rate

theglobepost.com/2018/08/13/gun-violence-chicago/

I could go on with some weightier references, seems your own State is near the top of the list of out of State suppliers of crime weapons in Chicago. And I note your point about coming from outside Chicago proper, seems two gun shops are the culprits, Chucks Gun Shop and Mid Western Firearms.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192900

• Gabby Hayes
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Democrats in places like Chicago, Cleveland, Baltimore, Memphis and else where are always quick to point to other locations as causes for their woes. The real reason is because they understand full well that most social ill problems, including murder and other violent crime, take place in large cities, places that have been under Democratic control almost since the dawn of time. Rather than admit the failure of their polices and leadership, they continue to crowd more minorities into their ghettos with empty promises of "free stuff," to the point where our urban areas have become the new plantation. The Democratic leadership can't afford to lose the votes of the plantation occupants. No sir. So they'll continue to point to rural New Mexico, upstate Utah, and Iceland as the sources of their crime.

Almost as a joke, the mayor of my fine town (Cleveland) once pointed to Chicago as the source of most of his problem guns. At least until he was slapped into line by his betters. :lol:

On the other hand, if I was involved in a life of crime and had managed to 'acquire' wink.png a sizeable stash of firearms, I'd certainly consider Chicago as a very lucrative market. With virtually no legal source of firearms, the sizeable and likely city-supported criminal element there is willing to pay premium prices. Virtually all of the illegal drugs in Chicago also come from out of state. Supply and demand. Dealers – both guns and drugs – will go where the profit is highest. Perhaps the mayor should consider passing a law again homicide or drug dealing. :lol:

And by the way, Illinois has a very strict gun purchase requirement. A citizen of that fine state can't even LOOK at a gun without having first acquired a FOID (Firearms Owner ID) from the state, and passing the state's own background check. If those two gun shops in or near Chicago are selling guns used in crimes, they sold them to people who passed both the state AND FBI background check. That being the case, the city, state AND federal government can shut them down. Why are they left open if they're such sources of mass murder?
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

Emergencies have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192910

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Great truthful reply there I feel sure members will jump to the occasion to reply in mass with truthfulness.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192914

• Gabby Hayes
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oops, you forgot one article from that oracle of liberal news, The New York Times :

Close to Home. Chicago is seen as having some of the most restrictive gun ordinances in the country. Gun shops are banned, and no civilian gun ranges exist. There is a ban on both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. But more than 15,000 of the guns traced by the police came from just outside the city limits in Cook County and in neighboring towns that permit gun stores. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

States with the most guns recovered in Chicago

Illinois 22,051
Indiana 7,747
Mississippi 4,296
Wisconsin 1,647
Kentucky 1,226
Ohio 1,121
Tennessee 1,090
Alabama 1,070
Arkansas 944
Texas 937

These numbers come from a ten year period between 2001 and 2012. The site includes a handy graphic showing that of the less than half of the guns recovered that came from outside Illinois, most seem to be coming right up the Mississippi River from Tom Sawyer territory. Perhaps the governor might want to consider an Illinois river flotilla to try to interdict some of this traffic. But then he should turn right around and question why his own state's background check system, along with the Chicago mayor, have been such failures in keeping guns out of that city. And perhaps what it is about his state that makes it such an attractive place for criminals.

And Dennis, if you'll look into those 94 guns that come from your state each year, I'll take care of the massive 112 flowing from Ohio. :lol:

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192916

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Seems like that mistaken omission casts a shadow supported elsewhere.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192921

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Gabby Hayes wrote: Oops, you forgot one article from that oracle of liberal news, The New York Times :

Close to Home. Chicago is seen as having some of the most restrictive gun ordinances in the country. Gun shops are banned, and no civilian gun ranges exist. There is a ban on both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. But more than 15,000 of the guns traced by the police came from just outside the city limits in Cook County and in neighboring towns that permit gun stores. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

States with the most guns recovered in Chicago

Illinois 22,051
Indiana 7,747
Mississippi 4,296
Wisconsin 1,647
Kentucky 1,226
Ohio 1,121
Tennessee 1,090
Alabama 1,070
Arkansas 944
Texas 937

These numbers come from a ten year period between 2001 and 2012. The site includes a handy graphic showing that of the less than half of the guns recovered that came from outside Illinois, most seem to be coming right up the Mississippi River from Tom Sawyer territory. Perhaps the governor might want to consider an Illinois river flotilla to try to interdict some of this traffic. But then he should turn right around and question why his own state's background check system, along with the Chicago mayor, have been such failures in keeping guns out of that city. And perhaps what it is about his state that makes it such an attractive place for criminals.

And Dennis, if you'll look into those 94 guns that come from your state each year, I'll take care of the massive 112 flowing from Ohio. :lol:

Sometimes I think you do it deliberately, before you undertake to rid Illinois of the Ohio weapons you might check the figure again, but still a reasonable couple of responses, at least this aspect of the debate in not in dispute, most of the illegal weapons come from outside of the State. Unfortunately your scheme to corner the illegal weapons market has already been managed by Chuck and Mid Western, though I suppose even they need out of State suppliers.

I'm surprised though you didn't comment on the other Myths about gun violence in Chicago, actually no I'm not.

Moderators: smilesrus10pascalouMikePats
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds