Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 2 weeks 5 hours ago #3191787

• Gabby Hayes
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4986
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote: well ,then it is a misrepresentation of what the usual anti gun posters are saying - I have never seen anyone say they want a complete confiscation of all guns, either in US or any other country.

hardly pedantic to want peoples views represented correctly. :unsure:

I, for one, don't really consider you to be representative of the world's gun grabbers and their intentions, especially considering your great distance from the rest of us. But if you don't consider what your own authoritarian government did after Port Arthur to be anything BUT a complete confiscation, please let me know the procedure for the average urban Aussie to buy, let's say, a standard Glock 9mm pistol with the normal 17-round magazine, along with the proper ammunition. This individual has no particular need for this firearm, he just wants to own one.

Any number of high-ranking individuals in our Democratic Party have stated their intent to remove all privately-owned weapons from this country. Well, except for those their bodyguards carry of course. :lol: B.J. Clinton's own Attorney General let loose with this zinger some years back, "Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal." Bless her little heart. :angry:

You, yourself, have stated several times that the U.S. should follow authoritarian Australia's example where the sheeple meekly lined up and handed over their firearms at the government's demand. In a free country we call that confiscation, and many here think it's a call for civil war.
The following user(s) said Well Said: MaGnUm, Topsy, PopsnTuff, Jane R, Serena77, MondayOptimist

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Emergencies have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 2 weeks 2 hours ago #3191815

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2184
  • Honor Medal 2010

Gabby Hayes wrote:

Vegemite Kid wrote: well ,then it is a misrepresentation of what the usual anti gun posters are saying - I have never seen anyone say they want a complete confiscation of all guns, either in US or any other country.

Gabby wrote:
I, for one, don't really consider you to be representative of the world's gun grabbers and their intentions, especially considering your great distance from the rest of us. But if you don't consider what your own authoritarian government did after Port Arthur to be anything BUT a complete confiscation, please let me know the procedure for the average urban Aussie to buy, let's say, a standard Glock 9mm pistol with the normal 17-round magazine, along with the proper ammunition. This individual has no particular need for this firearm, he just wants to own one.

Any number of high-ranking individuals in our Democratic Party have stated their intent to remove all privately-owned weapons from this country. Well, except for those their bodyguards carry of course. :lol: B.J. Clinton's own Attorney General let loose with this zinger some years back, "Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal." Bless her little heart. :angry:

You, yourself, have stated several times that the U.S. should follow authoritarian Australia's example where the sheeple meekly lined up and handed over their firearms at the government's demand. In a free country we call that confiscation, and many here think it's a call for civil war.

Would it be fair to say, "on this one you're sticking to your guns?" :dry: wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: MaGnUm, PopsnTuff, Gabby Hayes, Serena77, Robin

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3191906

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 15583
  • Honor Medal 2010

Gabby Hayes wrote:

I have never claimed to be representative of anything or anyone on this topic, other than myself.

My point was that nobody has said what you claimed, not just that I haven't.

No I don't think that is exactly what I have stated.

And here in Australia there is not a complete confiscation of all guns, as was your words.

Neither is there in U.K. Or any other county represented here.

Ther are gun controls, yes.

Complete confiscation of all guns, no.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Purple Sandy

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3191948

• Gabby Hayes
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4986
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote: Would it be fair to say, "on this one you're sticking to your guns?" :dry: wink.png

Right you are Grahamg. Ten points to Slitherin for that one. (;;)

We have an old saying here that goes something like this. "You unarmed pacifists go right ahead and give peace a chance. We'll cover you when things go bad." wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: MaGnUm, Topsy, PopsnTuff, Jane R, Serena77, Robin

Emergencies have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3191997

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 485
  • Honor Medal 2010
I a business, recently, there was a shooter that injured one woman and killed one man but was shoot by a gun carrier that stopped the shooter from continuing. The shooter ran after being shoot, realizing that he's not the only one with a gun, and die from his wounds, later on.
makes you wonder how many more would have been shoot if not for the other person with a gun.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Serena77

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3192018

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4399
  • Honor Medal 2010
We see reports like this often but no one wishes to hear them, wonder why the strictest areas seem to have the most killings and shootings or the PC wording MASS not used, try looking at Chicago and a few others, I could post same instances daily Robin but no use on here as it don't meet the views here. Sometime back when I 1st mentioned the incident of my father losing an eye I had my parents bashed for letting me grow up with firearms.

Guess the key work of the day is MASS

But from CPD it sure has not made a dent in their record! We are just in the 3rd month no use listing the other nice areas and wonder what they all have in common? Sure not the lack of firearm laws.?????
Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 48
Shot & Wounded: 255
Total Shot: 303
Total Homicides: 55

When areas DAILY are worse than combat zones and left alone and rarely mentioned but they do not meet the anti criteria yes much worse on a daily basis then the MASS.

Week of 3-3 to 3-9 only 31 shot in Chicago, yet not even brought out wait till summer hits records break. These don't matter??? Guess not as nothing done about it in years, next week we shall feature St Louis or Baltimore for our weekly tutorial.

From CPD dispatch officer just last night:
Saturday 3/9
12:35a 10100 S Union, Washington Heights, M/19
1:40a 4100 S Prairie, Grand Boulevard, M/17
3:05a 1600 W 56th, Englewood, M/29
3:25a 1500 N Milwaukee, West Town, M/26
5:25a 400 W 71st, Englewood, M/21
5:25a 400 W 71st, Englewood, M/32
4:30p 10600 S Bensley, South Deering, M/19
7:20p 2700 W Potomac, Humboldt Park, M/34 (PO Shot) PO shot trying to assist victim doing nothing but helping

Just a 7 hr period not even full shift. Notice the sex and age grouping, I did not mention race but all the same.

If all lives matter wonder why these do not get mentioned much, sure strict laws in force so that's not it.?????

Remember that's Obama's old hood, why did he not do anything there? Sure had the authority and chance.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Serena77, Robin

Last edit: by Dennis 2.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3192067

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4399
  • Honor Medal 2010
I remember growing up here well of riding my bike or horse to the gas station of local grocery store and telling them to put a box or 2 of ammunition on my father's or uncle's tab and I would pay him back when I got home, my normal mode of operation. Never any issues at all, sadly times are much worse now.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Serena77, Robin

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3192317

• pascalou
  • Away
  • Well said received: 10275
  • Honor Medal 2010
Many silly or out of topic posts were deleted.
Please post with respect.
Anymore out of topic or personal jibes will be deleted and PM sent.

Pascalou

Topic reminder
The Hill March 07, 2019

States with stricter gun laws and lower rates of gun ownership in general saw a lower rate of mass shootings between 1998 and 2015 than did other jurisdictions where gun laws were more relaxed, according to a new study.

A study published in The BMJ found a significantly higher rate of mass shootings and other gun crimes in states that had higher rates of gun ownership among the population.

"States with more permissive gun laws and greater gun ownership had higher rates of mass shootings, and a growing divide appears to be emerging between restrictive and permissive states," the study concluded.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Purple Sandy, harper222

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 6 days ago #3192318

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2184
  • Honor Medal 2010

Gabby Hayes wrote:

grahamg wrote: Grahamg wrote:
Would it be fair to say, "on this one you're sticking to your guns?" :dry: wink.png

Gabby wrote:
Right you are Grahamg. Ten points to Slitherin for that one. (;;)

We have an old saying here that goes something like this. "You unarmed pacifists go right ahead and give peace a chance. We'll cover you when things go bad." wink.png

Is that a Harry Potter reference above?

Sorry if not, but once again amusing post I'm grateful to read. :laugh: .

I don't think I'm a pacifist, even though I prefer our tight restrictions on gun ownership to those in the US, (whilst I acknowledge your different history, and views strongly expressed in favour of gun ownership by a large proportion of your fellow countrymen and women).

One serious question though, you might reconsider your stance if there were no doubt at all with the accuracy of the argument put forward in the OP?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Purple Sandy

Last edit: by grahamg.

Study: States With Stricter Gun Control Regulations Have Fewer Mass Shootings 1 week 5 days ago #3192360

• Aries1950
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 816
  • Honor Medal 2010
We all that have brains knew that. If it wasn't for the NRA and all of the heartless Republicans who care more about being re-elected, with the help of NRA election donations, than banning assault weapons, and keeping guns out of the hands of people who should never have them, all states would have a lot less shootings.

When President Obama tried to get stricter gun laws after the slaughter of innocents at Sandy Hook, the cruel and heartless Republicans who are in the back pocket of the NRA, voted against it. It was the final proof that Republicans and Conservatives don't care how many of their fellow Americans die, as long as the assault weapons manufacturers keep giving money to the NRA, who in turn will pass some of that money to their re-elections.

Then you have disgusting creatures like Alex Jones who say Sandy Hook was simply a hoax staged by President Obama. This is the main reason I hate Conservatives and right wing Republicans, and proof that they are hypocrites when they preach about preserving life.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Purple Sandy, harper222

You know I'll always be your slave
'Till I'm buried, buried in my grave
Oh, honey bring it to me
Bring your sweet loving
Bring it on home to me
Yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah)
Moderators: smilesrus10pascalouMikePats
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds