Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Brexit:

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150381

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3372
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote: Sorry Tana I haven't got access to the Financial Times (where this point came from) so am posting from the Express lol

Obtained from: www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1071022/...greement-theresa-may

Mr Juncker re-iterated his claim that a no-deal would be catastrophic for both Europe and Britain and is said to be exchanging a flurry of emergency emails with Theresa May – with the full support of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. As the clock ticks down to Tuesday’s crunch Brexit vote in the Commons, EU insiders were reportedly keener than ever to make Mrs May’s Brexit pan work. Mr Juncker is understood to be ready to commit to a last-ditch promise that the contentious Irish border backstop would not last any longer than a year.

I bet he said that, little toe rag ,course he doesn"t want the UK to leave as it would open the flood gates on the failing EU.MAY is falling for it hook line and sinker . Well she would ,as I suspect she has ambitions within the EU .
The whole fiasco is just so appalling . We voted to leave and they are just dancing round us IMO

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150390

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8191
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

wendeey wrote: Sorry Tana I haven't got access to the Financial Times (where this point came from) so am posting from the Express lol

Mr Juncker re-iterated his claim that a no-deal would be catastrophic for both Europe and Britain and is said to be exchanging a flurry of emergency emails with Theresa May – with the full support of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. As the clock ticks down to Tuesday’s crunch Brexit vote in the Commons, EU insiders were reportedly keener than ever to make Mrs May’s Brexit pan work. Mr Juncker is understood to be ready to commit to a last-ditch promise that the contentious Irish border backstop would not last any longer than a year.

I bet he said that, little toe rag ,course he doesn"t want the UK to leave as it would open the flood gates on the failing EU.MAY is falling for it hook line and sinker . Well she would ,as I suspect she has ambitions within the EU .
The whole fiasco is just so appalling . We voted to leave and they are just dancing round us IMO

What kind of ambitions within the EU do you suspect Theresa May of having?

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150401

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

Topsy wrote:

Do you think May has ambitions within the EU Eira ??
How do I know the woman is an enigma, just my suspicion

Last Edit: by Topsy.

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150404

• wendeey
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 392
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1071178/Europe...Merkel-France-Macron
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150406

• wendeey
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 392
  • Honor Medal 2010
Dominic Raab is trying to work his magic: www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8175958/dom...talism-after-brexit/

Think my suspicions might be correct, that Jeremy Corbyn would work on a Brexit manifesto if there was another General Election, www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1070697/Brexit...l-integration-latest

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150411

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

Eira wrote:

Topsy wrote:

How do I know the woman is an enigma, just my suspicion

Oh, OK. I suppose it's just a nebulous suspicion and distrust you can't explain, then.
I just wondered if you had any foundations for your suspicions.

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150440

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote: I bet he said that, little toe rag ,course he doesn"t want the UK to leave as it would open the flood gates on the failing EU.MAY is falling for it hook line and sinker . Well she would ,as I suspect she has ambitions within the EU .

What kind of ambitions within the EU do you suspect Theresa May of having?[/quote]

Do you think May has ambitions within the EU Eira ??
How do I know the woman is an enigma, just my suspicion[/quote]

Sorry, I responded to your post before I saw your edited post, which included a question to me.

No, I don't think TM has any particular ambitions within the EU and I'm struggling to imagine what kind of ambitions you think she may have, which is why I asked you what you meant.

I think TM has been acting in what she thinks is the best interests of UK, though I accept that what she thinks is best is not a proposition that is supported by most Brexiteers (or Remainers, come to that)
Her "Deal" is coming across as the worst of all possible scenarios and I think she may have chosen the wrong approach to the negotiations but it has never crossed my mind that she has some underlying and undisclosed ambitions to secure some kind of position within the EU.
Maybe my mind is too simple and direct but, when you say TM has ambitions within the EU, I can't think of any position within the EU that she may covet.

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150478

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
to Quote "Rhett Butler " frankly my dear I don"t give a damn".
What will be will be.
I just know I am off on a super holiday tomorrow to Cape Verde,for two weeks so will be glad to see the back of it for a while .

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150495

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote: to Quote "Rhett Butler " frankly my dear I don"t give a damn".
What will be will be.
I just know I am off on a super holiday tomorrow to Cape Verde,for two weeks so will be glad to see the back of it for a while .

Well, we all say things and cast aspersions without properly thinking it through at times.
Wishing you a good trip and happy holiday smile.png

Brexit: 1 week 3 days ago #3150502

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

Topsy wrote: to Quote "Rhett Butler " frankly my dear I don"t give a damn".
What will be will be.

Well, we all say things and cast aspersions without properly thinking it through at times.
Wishing you a good trip and happy holiday smile.png

I don"t !!

Thank you for your good wishes , I hope you also have a happy trip in April.
All the best

Moderators: smilesrus10pascalouMikePats
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.