Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Brexit:

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149380

• Taner
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 183
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Mail. The Express, The Sun - you certainly go to the font of unbiased 'news' for your information, W.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149382

• Topsy
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4325
  • Honor Medal 2010

Taner wrote: The Mail. The Express, The Sun - you certainly go to the font of unbiased 'news' for your information, W.

Thing of it though Taner , they are usually on the money [or am I wrong *Again * :woohoo:]
Do tell , you are so erudite , unlike poor little me . :laugh: :laugh:
Which daily publication do you favour ??

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle
Last edit: by Topsy.

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149391

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1662
  • Honor Medal 2010

Taner wrote: The Mail. The Express, The Sun - you certainly go to the font of unbiased 'news' for your information, W.

lol I've already pointed out previously when I think it was you who made a similar comment that The Mail is now edited by the editor who edited the Sunday Mail (a remain paper). Sarah Vine is a reporter (wife of Michael Gove). Quentin Letts refuses to write for them anymore as they are now so for Theresa May's deal or remain.

The Express has now been taken over by The Mirror (remain).

I post articles from a variety of newspapers, my main newspaper is The Telegraph.

I've also posted articles from the Guardian.

I've posted articles from Conservative Home too.

If you want to post articles, instead of criticising the publications I've been posting, you're quite welcome to.
The following user(s) said Well Said: bryoney, Topsy, Jane R

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149408

• Taner
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Topsy, after many years reading the Guardian and the Independent I have just changed to reading the i newspaper - all papers which try to be as honest in their reporting as possible. Also, having spent about 40 years working in Fleet Street on various papers I have a good idea of which are more honest.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, Miesque

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149411

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7541
  • Honor Medal 2010

wendeey wrote:

lol I've already pointed out previously when I think it was you who made a similar comment that The Mail is now edited by the editor who edited the Sunday Mail (a remain paper). Sarah Vine is a reporter (wife of Michael Gove). Quentin Letts refuses to write for them anymore as they are now so for Theresa May's deal or remain.

I post articles from a variety of newspapers, my main newspaper is The Telegraph.

If you want to post articles, instead of criticising the publications I've been posting, you're quite welcome to.

What about Take a Break ?

You lay down with dogs, you risk getting fleas.

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149443

• Topsy
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

wendeey wrote:

LOL, Aida ,actually I don"t W should , she is bringing lots of facts to our attention. Some may not care for these , but they are facts which we should be aware of , in this whole b----y mess.
x
The following user(s) said Well Said: wendeey, Jane R

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149462

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8434
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

Aida wrote:

LOL, Aida ,actually I don"t W should , she is bringing lots of facts to our attention. Some may not care for these , but they are facts which we should be aware of , in this whole b----y mess.
x

I must admit, I actually, literally, "lolled" at Aida's wit, too - and truly "laughing out loud" is something I don't do very often!

As for "bringing facts to our attention" - it's mostly stuff that's already out there in the public domain for those interested enough to access it for themselves - if folk choose not do so, perhaps it's because they choose not to.

Personally, I'm happy for anyone to post links for folk to access if they are interested to read them (though I prefer links and a brief synopsis, which W often posts, to having to read long sections of c&p, which takes up too much space on the page of a thread) but it is nice to see a bit of balance of opinion in any debate. If it becomes too one sided, it just becomes rather boring and turns folk off from contributing.
The following user(s) said Well Said: wendeey

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149477

• Topsy
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Taner wrote: Topsy, after many years reading the Guardian and the Independent I have just changed to reading the i newspaper - all papers which try to be as honest in their reporting as possible. Also, having spent about 40 years working in Fleet Street on various papers I have a good idea of which are more honest.

AH ,the Guardian ,formerly known as the Manchester Guardian , a bastion of the Lefties.
So after working in Fleet St. for 40 years on various papers [why didn"t you stay with just the one ?] do tell which are the more honest,I would love to know , just to make sure I am reading the correct one .LOL
The following user(s) said Well Said: bryoney, wendeey, Jane R

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149517

• Taner
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oh dear, I do seem to have hit a raw nerve. And I was only referring to the fact that they were the most-used papers for quotes, not that they hadn't been read. But well done to Topsy for knowing that it used to be the Manchester Guardian.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Davegem

Brexit: 6 months 5 days ago #3149526

• Topsy
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Taner wrote: Oh dear, I do seem to have hit a raw nerve. And I was only referring to the fact that they were the most-used papers for quotes, not that they hadn't been read. But well done to Topsy for knowing that it used to be the Manchester Guardian.

Oh crickey Taner what on earth makes you think you have hit a raw nerve , that is what dentists do [ you are not a secret dentist are you ?]
No actually I felt you were rather scathing towards Wendeey, I should think they probably are the most used papers for quotes [not that I read them myself ]
Good for you working in.Fleet Street for the last 40 years[not for the same group]but heyho , will overlook that.
I used to work for Lloyds of London , great times.You know, the building with fabulous glasswork , admired all over the world.
However you haven"t answered my question about which you think is an honest Publication .
The following user(s) said Well Said: wendeey

Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds