• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1005
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote:

Bruce wrote:

WWWoody wrote: I always cheer for the folks in the back of the pack, the clean ones. Lol.

I don't watch any of it anymore as it gets broing when you think he is doing well and then later find he is another one juiced to the eyeballs, so many juiced in that sport for years spoiled it, it isn't really a sport anymore it is just a race of how much in front of the drug testers the juiced cheats can keep.

Without them you were a never was. It’s no secret just like it’s no secret in the WWE or the NFL. I’m not taking away the athletic part of the scene just…..

Ben Johnson on a bike?
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RETIRED WITH GRACE

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819463

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 867
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

Bruce wrote:

WWWoody wrote: I always cheer for the folks in the back of the pack, the clean ones. Lol.

I don't watch any of it anymore as it gets broing when you think he is doing well and then later find he is another one juiced to the eyeballs, so many juiced in that sport for years spoiled it, it isn't really a sport anymore it is just a race of how much in front of the drug testers the juiced cheats can keep.

Without them you were a never was. It’s no secret just like it’s no secret in the WWE or the NFL. I’m not taking away the athletic part of the scene just…..

Ben Johnson on a bike?

It’s always tainted meat or supplements they claim, lol. Next they’ll tell me Mr Olympia is an all natural event.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Last edit: by WWWoody.

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819465

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote:

Bruce wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

Bruce wrote:

Ben Johnson on a bike?

It’s always tainted meat or supplements they claim, lol. Next they’ll tell me Mr Olympia is an all natural event.

I just don't bother with tour de france or nfl or horse racing etc where there is a small amount of proof and a huge amount of suspicion that skullduggery is a foot.

RETIRED WITH GRACE

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819467

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
We all knew Lance and his boys were dopers, duh. I’m not sure Lance ever failed a test though. Zoom zoom!!!! Even with one nut!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819468

• KayyGee
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 627
  • Honor Medal 2010
Covering up their doping was always, is, something the US does much better than others, like say Russia. They also know how to look outraged and point the finger at the opposition when they are discovered.

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819470

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

Bruce wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

Bruce wrote:

Ben Johnson on a bike?

I just don't bother with tour de france or nfl or horse racing etc where there is a small amount of proof and a huge amount of suspicion that skullduggery is a foot.

I like combat sports but, dirty. I can’t say if it’s dirtier than TTDF but…..

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819504

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: Covering up their doping was always, is, something the US does much better than others, like say Russia. They also know how to look outraged and point the finger at the opposition when they are discovered.

We know the russians juiced as a whole and the russian testers turned a blind eye under orders from those above.

The thing is the cheats are always a step ahead of the testers according to the testers, they sometimes do get caught later in time when the testing catches up but the damage is already done. Or they get caught if they are stupid lol like Big Baby Jarrell Miller who tested positive for more illegal stuff than Del-Boys Lock up.
There will always be an idiot look at Ben Johnson the sprinter.

It is a big buisness designing the cocktail of illegal drugs to enhance performance and not get tested positive on a drug test.

Many other countries including the US were just the same as anyone else, the cheats were a step infront of the testers, it isn't that they turn a blind eye they just need to catch up and when they do catch up the cheats have already moved ahead with something else dodgy as the day is long.
Then we get all the speil it was natural or bad steak and chips which pushed me over and we are left thinking well maybe but not sure or lol your a cheat mate.

What is your take on this guy? Who some still say was innocent? including himself.
JUNE 1 - LINFORD CHRISTIE, the 1992 Olympic 100 metres champion, admitted today that he is barred from any involvement in the 2012 London Games because he has tested positive for banned performance-enhancing drugs.

In an interview published today in the Observer Sport Monthly the Londoner said: "No'one's going to ask because of course I'm a drug cheat!

"You know, I took drugs so therefore what opinion can I have?

"I did an interview where I said, 'Athletes should leave the politics to politicians, just get out there and do it.'

"And journalists said, 'He's a drug cheat anyway, what does he know?

"So what do I know?

"'I'm an idiot'."

Christie tested postive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone in 1999.

He was cleared by UK Athletics but the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) overturned the decision and banned him for two years.

Chrsitie always claimed he was not guilty despite the fact that the levels of nandrolone recorded were among the highest ever registered.

He is banned for life by the British Olympic Association from ever having anything to do with a British team at the Games again.

Christie also failed a drugs test at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, where he won the silver medal in the 100m after Canada's Ben Johnson, the original man first across the line was disqualifed following a positive drugs test for drugs and the runner-up Carl Lewis was upgraded to the gold medal.

The Briton then tested positive for the stimulant gingseng after the 200m but was cleared on a split decision after a member of the appeals panel fell asleep and could not be woken up during the marathon disciplinary hearing.

The Tour De France and cyclists in general have such a tainted past it is hard to even consider it a sport worth bothering with just have a look at how many people failed drugs tests in cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocking it is.

Cyclists who have failed drug tests.

RETIRED WITH GRACE
Last edit: by Bruce. Reason: I forgot to add the link.

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3819629

• Aida
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1163
  • Honor Medal 2010
Today : What a crash ! So many cyclists involved ! Phew.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, WWWoody

‘ Freedom from’ without ‘freedom to’ is not freedom at all.
Last edit: by Aida.

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3820069

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Sirfurryanimal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 196
  • Honor Medal 2010
Shame the thread is raking up the past.
Cyclists are tested so often anything cheating is certain to be caught.
I watch cycling all year.
The womens Giro is on at the moment too.
Anyway,Jakobsen won stage two in a sprint finish and Van Aert leads.
Stage three is the last in Denmark.
Resumes in France on Tuesday.
Stage 3
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: NewTricks, Aida, Ruetends

Glory to Ukraine.Safety for Yulianna.

Tour de France 2022 1 month 1 week ago #3820200

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 832
  • Honor Medal 2010
Competitive cycling's not my thing >> Except the one in the bedroom, that's pedalled like a Dervish. And goes nowhere. :laugh:
BUT. Given the number. surprised it's a Mass start.
Accident about to happen, to the best of them, possibly caused by the worst.
Would have thought a staggered start, such as F1.
Would culminate in the most Skilled and Athletic, up for a chance of winning.
A thought in the. Be-wildered-ness.wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
Moderators: mikePascalouPatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds