Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Making an appointment with my doctor

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819536

• Colin
  • Colin's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 17
I had to go to my Doctor's surgery for blood tests which only took a couple of minutes no problem. So i thought being as i'm here now i'd make an appointment to see a doctor as i had gone deaf in my right ear about two weeks previously.
I told the receptionist that i was willing to wait a week or two for an appointment to see my doctor but she was adamant that as it wasn't an emergency? i had to wait for the doctor to telephone me the following day and then he or she would decide if i could have an appointment. What a farce. I am usually a quiet easy going person but i couldn't help it and i just walked out. But the problem with my hearing remains and i'm now having really bad ear ache in my left ear. So i've got to make an appointment to see a doctor asap.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819547

• Wren
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 846
  • Honor Medal 2010
In the meantime could you ask your pharmacist for advice Colin ? You may need to have your ears syringed, ear drops should ease it a bit
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819575

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 574
  • Honor Medal 2010

Colin wrote: I had to go to my Doctor's surgery for blood tests which only took a couple of minutes no problem. So i thought being as i'm here now i'd make an appointment to see a doctor as i had gone deaf in my right ear about two weeks previously.
I told the receptionist that i was willing to wait a week or two for an appointment to see my doctor but she was adamant that as it wasn't an emergency? i had to wait for the doctor to telephone me the following day and then he or she would decide if i could have an appointment. What a farce. I am usually a quiet easy going person but i couldn't help it and i just walked out. But the problem with my hearing remains and i'm now having really bad ear ache in my left ear. So i've got to make an appointment to see a doctor asap.

Here in the States(at l least where I live) a sudden loss of hearing alone, will have you in an ENT's office within 48 hrs..Lost my hearing in my right ear in 2015, was in an ENT's in less than 26 hrs.

Last edit: by senile1.

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819578

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 212
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think specsavers here in the UK now also do hearing tests.
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi, QuinTSensual

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819580

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Well said received: 1194
  • Honor Medal 2010

Colin wrote: I had to go to my Doctor's surgery for blood tests which only took a couple of minutes no problem. So i thought being as i'm here now i'd make an appointment to see a doctor as i had gone deaf in my right ear about two weeks previously.

Be persistent. If they think you're prepared to wait, they'll make you wait. As it's now both ears an appointment sooner rather than later would be good.

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819582

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 915
  • Honor Medal 2010
But if you agreed to have a phone consult the following day the doctor would tell you to come in.

I don't understand why you don't do that.

Annoying though it is, you would get to see your doctor that way the following day and not have to wait weeks.
The following user(s) said Well Said: astralcat, Pats

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819583

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1010
  • Honor Medal 2010

sandoval wrote: I think specsavers here in the UK now also do hearing tests.

Yes they do free NHS hearing tests.

Happy to help.

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819584

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1010
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote: But if you agreed to have a phone consult the following day the doctor would tell you to come in.

I don't understand why you don't do that.

Annoying though it is, you would get to see your doctor that way the following day and not have to wait weeks.

I agree.
Our surgery operates a call-back service, on the same day as you ring and the doctor returns the call the same day to assess your need by the symptoms you describe, and makes an appointment for you to see either a doctor or practice Nurse, usually the same day.

I realise that not all surgeries are as efficient….but at least you get to be assessed and seen asap by using the call-back service provided.
The following user(s) said Well Said: RichardA

Happy to help.

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819591

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 679
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sometimes I fail to realize how fortunate I am to have my doctors as personal fishing/shooting friends to just make a call and be seen.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Making an appointment with my doctor 1 month 1 week ago #3819625

• Aida
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1163
  • Honor Medal 2010
We belong to an integrated pravtice. Bookings to see a doctor now only on the day we telephone the surgery.
No prebooking of appointments allowed.
Last week had great difficulty getting my husband an appointment with a nurse for his INR star blood test. Has to have one every 10 weeks. The surgery said sorry they had no nurse appointments available this week or next but would call us back. No call received and we had to chase it up and get assertive !
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual, Pats

‘ Freedom from’ without ‘freedom to’ is not freedom at all.
Last edit: by Aida.
Moderators: mikePascalouPatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds