Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship?

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 4 days ago #3428708

• Bretrick
  • Bretrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 480
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are plenty of people who have never had a long term relationship and the reasons are as varied as the number of different flowers in the world.
Personally I know why I have never sort a long term relationship.
I am not emotionally stable enough and it would be unfair of me to attempt having a partner.
Having been alone since the age of 24 there is no way that I could handle living/being with someone.
I am not someone who needs or even wants someone there beside me all the time.
I would very quickly go crazy and run away to the solitude of the Australian bush.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, WWWoody, Sweetness56, Rose57, PJ54, Bessie, Purple Sandy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 4 days ago #3428749

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3683
  • Honor Medal 2010
Everyone is different,
I have a friend,a beautiful lady,she is independent,has her own house and her own car,she works,very friendly,very happy,but chooses not to be in a relationship,she actually likes her own company.
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel, TwistNShout, Right Now, Steffiegirl, Bretrick, Miesque, Sue 8pal, Wren, Back again, Sweetness56 and 4 other people also said thanks.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 4 days ago #3428751

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1848
  • Honor Medal 2010
I don't think you want a relationship and you are talking yourself out of it. If you don't want one then accept it. People have relationships even if they are 'flawed.' You think anyone else does not share your 'shortcomings?'
Hell, I'm bipolar and I married my current wife before I got the diagnosis. I'm sure I was a pain in the ass. Over the years I learned not to beat myself up so much.
A relationship is not all physical attraction of course. You develop a friendship and like friends you support each other. A marriage is more intimate but you get more slack! (;;) smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, cahoots, Steffiegirl, Bretrick, Sue 8pal, JUJO, Rose57, Purple Sandy

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 4 days ago #3428752

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1848
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: Everyone is different,
I have a friend,a beautiful lady,she is independent,has her own house and her own car,she works,very friendly,very happy,but chooses not to be in a relationship,she actually likes her own company.

Sounds like you're trying to set him up. :laugh: wink.png :ohmy: :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bretrick

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 3 days ago #3428825

• Steffiegirl
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 752
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bretrick wrote: There are plenty of people who have never had a long term relationship and the reasons are as varied as the number of different flowers in the world.
I am not emotionally stable enough and it would be unfair of me to attempt having a partner.
Having been alone since the age of 24 there is no way that I could handle living/being with someone.
I would very quickly go crazy and run away to the solitude of the Australian bush.

...I totally agree with you. I think there are going to be quite a few people who realise their relationship is NOT working after what's happening now around the world and having to be together 24/7. Everybody needs to be alone (I know I do BIG TIME) have their own space for at least a good few hrs each day. My brother and sister live on their own and my sister has had more boyfriends than old nick but she prefers to be alone - my brother hmm dunno, he's just liked to be by himself since we were kids..
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, Bretrick, Rose57, Purple Sandy

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 3 days ago #3428826

• Steffiegirl
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 752
  • Honor Medal 2010

altshovel wrote:

...EXACTLY like my sister...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bretrick, Rose57

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 3 days ago #3428830

• Pheobe
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 583
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes I do, I dont want another relationship and have them die and have to go through that trauma again.
The following user(s) said Well Said: jetsmum, Bretrick, Rose57, Bessie, Purple Sandy

I think, if you have enough inner resources, then you can live in isolation for long periods of time and not feel diminished by it.

Aung San Suu Kyi

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 3 days ago #3428873

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2030
  • Honor Medal 2010
Depends on what type of relationship we are talking about. Have been in a relationship with several people over the years, some are still active up to a point and others are not. Each relationship is a new experience and most of us learn from our experiences.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bretrick, Pottyanne, Rose57

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 3 days ago #3428889

• WWWoody
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1956
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bretrick wrote: There are plenty of people who have never had a long term relationship and the reasons are as varied as the number of different flowers in the world.

That sounds like fun except I think it’s too hot out there for me. I head to the mountains and my property for solitude.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bretrick, Rose57, Bessie, Purple Sandy

God Bless Murica!

Are you able to understand the reason(s) you are not in a Relationship? 1 week 3 days ago #3428981

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3683
  • Honor Medal 2010

altshovel wrote:

Oh no, definitely not,my friend is super happy on her own.
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel, Bretrick

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds